Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

George Foreman's Advice To Trump: Keep Fighting, Ignore The Boos [Video] - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Foreman's Advice To Trump: Keep Fighting, Ignore The Boos [Video] (524 Views)

Art Acevedo To Donald Trump: Keep Your Mouth Shut / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats / Donald Trump Casts His Vote In US Election, Met By Cheers & Some Boos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

George Foreman's Advice To Trump: Keep Fighting, Ignore The Boos [Video] by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
Foreman's Advice To Trump: Keep Fighting, Ignore The Boos
"I want to get into that White House ..."
by Jack Davis February 4, 2017 at 12:58pm

Genial warrior George Foreman has stood where President Donald Trump is today. As a two-time heavyweight boxing champion, he was in the ring while others watched, booed and criticized.

And he knows what it took to succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApwOjZWeKDE

"When you're in something like this especially, you just got to fight," he said Saturday.

"In the ring you don't listen to anything," said Foreman, who supported Trump in his campaign for the presidency.

"This was a guy I remember from way back. You could call him … and he would always return your call," Foreman reminisced.

During his appearance on Fox and Friends, Foreman also noted that winning in politics or in boxing is sometimes because the person battling his way through is bound to come out on top.

"Sometimes people win because they're winners," he said. "Winning is an idea."

Foreman said some places and people need help making the transformation into winners. That's where Trump can help, he said.

"I'm hoping a mountain of social workers … he'll drop these guys, social workers … into Chicago and make it a good place again," Foreman said.

Foreman, whose post-boxing career has revolved around food, noted that, "I want to get into that White House and eat" and said that one of his major concerns was "to stop eating so much!"

But when the talk on Fox & Friends turned to developing a wining attitude, Foreman was serious.

"America is the home of the first, second and even third chance," he said.

"Whatever you want to do, all you got to do is get up in the morning, put your feet on the floor, and say, 'I'm gonna do it,' and don't let anyone tell you can't," Foreman said.

Foreman closed with a tribute to the land of opportunity

"This is the greatest thing I've ever imagined — the United States of America," he said.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/foremans-advice-trump-keep-fighting-ignore-boos/

(1) (Reply)

Bangladesh Probes Politician's Walk On 'human Bridge (photo) / Azerbijan's President Appoints Wife As Vice President / These 3 Useless Teenagers Just Shot 6-year-old Fine Boy On Forehead. Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.