Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? (4003 Views)

Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' / Stella Damasus Is A Cheater / 9ice: Nigerian Tiger Woods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by C2H5OH(f): 1:32am On Dec 04, 2009
http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Details-of-Elin-Woods-newly-rewritten-prenup-em?urn=golf,206529

Details of Elin Woods' newly rewritten prenup emerge
By Jay Busbee

Elin and Tiger Woods had a prenuptial agreement, as expected. The couple is undergoing marital counseling, as you'd also expect. And now The Daily Beast is reporting that Elin Woods is renegotiating that prenup to get an immediate $5 million payout from her husband and as much as $55 million more to stay with him for two more years.

The initial prenup was worth $20 million after 10 years of marriage. However, the Chicago Sun-Times' Bill Zwecker has reported that Elin Woods will receive an immediate payment "into an account she alone controls," and that the 10-year timeframe -- which began when they married in 2004 -- has been shortened and the value increased "substantially."

The Daily Beast quotes "a lawyer familiar with the couple's negotiations" in reporting that the term of the prenup has been shortened to seven years, and that a series of staggered payments could increase the total value to $75 million.

But apparently there's also a behavioral component to all this: Elin Woods must "be a dutiful wife in showing up with him at social events and in public as if they were still the perfect couple, and sign a nondisclosure form that will prevent her from ever telling her story."

It's important to note that to date, there's no concrete evidence that Elin Woods has ever been anything but the perfectly dutiful golf wife. I'm sure the Woodses would like nothing more than to portray domestic calm to the world, and Elin Woods now apparently has several million more reasons to do just that.

New Details on Tiger's Prenup [The Daily Beast]

______

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by mamagee3(f): 1:39am On Dec 04, 2009
This thread has been opened multiple times
It's now Old news
. tongue
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 04, 2009
of course TW had a prenup, WHAT CELEB IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULDNT HAVE A PRENUP in this day and age?

fair to his wife?! what does a prenup has to do with fair? what are you talking about? if she came into the relationship with 100$ and comes out after 2/3 yrs with 20mill and a kid, then thats probably dead fair. if she is expecting more then she is out of her damn mind.
why would she even think of getting anything she didnt sweat and earn. the money should be for the kids upbringing and raising and upkeeping. 20mill is more than enough

that girl is lucky is she divorce and get 10%of his money!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 04, 2009
$5 million is too small.

what an insult.

Wouldnt the mistress get more than that?

Elin had better tell her lawyer to shape up.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by dayokanu(m): 3:04am On Dec 04, 2009
Why should a woman get paid for leaving a marriage? or what kind of Gold diggers are these people self?

Is she crippled or retarded that she cant make money by herself?

Pre-nup is the way to go Tiger.

3 Likes

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by kech(f): 3:36am On Dec 04, 2009
It's VERY fair. So you think she's entitled to half of Tiger's wealth? Why should a woman enter a marriage in the hope of leaving with a whole load of cash whenever she feels like anyway?  Any celeb or very rich person IN AMERICA that doesn't do a pre-nup is a mugu. We all know most ladies enter these marriages because of money and in the hope of securing their futures for life in case anything goes wrong. A pre-nup protects a lot of rich people from greedy spouses who just wake up one morning and decide they want to call it quits. Oh, you want to go just like that and you have  the nerve to think you are entitled to half of my money. Na yam? This goes the other way too. Celeb women do pre-nups for their non-celeb husbands. If your marriage is real, then a prenup shouldn't bother you. You'd be married to him/her forever right? So you go enjoy the money forever now grin.  I personally don't like the idea of a prenup cos it kinda shows that you don't FULLY trust your husband/wife, but then things have been known to happen. People are greedy, so I don't blame them or anyone else who does it.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with tiger's cheating. What he did was wrong and I hope she forgives him and they move on. I'm glad he has a prenup or else a lot of wicked and greedy people, LAWYERS INCLUDED would have been pressuring her to file for a divorce. I think they can work this out if they want to.

2 Likes

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 04, 2009
Tiger chased her- she didnt chase him. For courtship I mean.

So he should be ready to compensate her for using her as a plaything after making her marry him. Or whatever way the cookie wants to crumble.

abi has he denied the report making the rounds that she initially didnt want to date him? The woman had probably heard all kinds of stories about black men, which Tiger now verified in the worst possible manner.

In any case,whether the report is true or not, given the fact that a lot was involved in the matchmaking, he really should have been more careful.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by chiogo(f): 3:48am On Dec 04, 2009
^Black men ke? Tiger Woods doesn't identify himself as Black oo. grin
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 3:49am On Dec 04, 2009
^^ well, unfortunately the rest of the world does.

even though he's only 50 or 35 % black.

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by ZiggyHimself(m): 4:02am On Dec 04, 2009
OMG! I hate these prenup shit n i hate readn about it. Dats y i lyk naija,come 2 naija n talk about prenup to people lyk obj,u go just end up payn hack change frm ur bride price.
I'm not in support of tiger or other cheatn husbands here,but the cash extorted isnt fair at all n its nw turnin into a fast risin means of gettn rich without effort 4 d ladies. Last tym it was dat beetles group man,ow its tiger 2moro it could b jayz or even me. Those greedy lawyers(poachers) n those celeb news huogry media will spend everytn 2 torment any marriage dat has a prenup,eventualy confusin d wife even when matters cud hav been easily settled bw d duo. They shud come 2 africa n see hw we settle bigger cases witout noise, Bleep dis world

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by LordReed(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2009
Prenuptial agreements are a two edged sword. It is both fair and unfair depending on who's side the shoe drops. However in this case I will say it's fair. cos she didn't make the blunders and she doesn't walk away with half just for divorcing him. But I do hate it wen tins like these smack of a business arrangement a la marriage for green card.

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Seun(m): 11:14am On Dec 04, 2009
I don't see why she should be entitled to half of his wealth.
He made it fair and square and all she did was help him spend it!

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by ugonna245(m): 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2009
Has the human race degenerated to this abysmal level that even before marriage we are already talking about breakup? Why marry in the first instance? What happened to the creed "for better for worse"? If you can't stay faithful why marry at all? Sometimes I wonder why we are called HIGHER ANIMALS when we are no better than the animals we claim to be higher than.

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by yjay(f): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2009
ugonna245:

Has the human race degenerated to this abysmal level that even before marriage we are already talking about breakup? Why marry in the first instance? What happened to the creed "for better for worse"? If you can't stay faithful why marry at all? Sometimes I wonder why we are called HIGHER ANIMALS when we are no better than the animals we claim to be higher than.

that obviously doesnt exist for them, i personally dont like the idea of a prenuptial agreement but i guess its easier for me to say when im not a celebrity & dont ve millions of dollars of my hard earned money stashed somewhere. Given the way their marriages crumble before one can say JACK its a MUST for celebrities e.g im not sure Tyson recovered from his divorce settlement to Robin Givens, heard she really milked him dry, i think for someone like Tiger its expected, hes worth millions/billions of dollars
so @poster it is FAIR! he ll be crazy not to ve one cool

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
She makes it seem like the money will cure any emotional hurt she got from his cheating.
I'm wondering if she set him up sef. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
well, the problem is she got angry and upset enough to go after him with a golf club.

That in itself is worrying, as Tiger himself knows.

dont know why he didnt care enough about his high profile to just not do some things.

men sha.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
The woman a nanny by profession isjust a money grabbing LovePeddler.

She has lived the lifestyle 99.9% of doctors who worked their butts off can never dream of just because she screws Tiger Woods.

She is a pathetic excuse for a human who is without any disability.

Renegotiating pre-nup? Imagine.

1 Like

Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by iice(f): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2009
It's fair jare. Always been in support of prenups. The sharing, i don't really care about so long as there's a prenup. Greediness abound in this world. . .in all sorts of ways cheesy
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
She has lived the lifestyle 99.9% of doctors who worked their butts off can never dream of just because she screws Tiger Woods.

somebody has to marry the guy since he's not a monk.

he cant marry himself, billionaire or not.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by mamagee3(f): 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
Money makes white people heal from their wounds
They are real money lovers
. angry
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2009
somebody has to marry the guy since he's not a monk.

he cant marry himself, billionaire or not.

Someone who can fend for herself would make more sense not a money grabbing nanny
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by kech(f): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2009
dayokanu:

Renegotiating pre-nup? Imagine.

This is the part I don't get. That's why I said Tiger was LUCKY he had a pre-nup cos he would have been singing another song now. The original prenup was $20M or so for the wife AS LONG AS she remains married to him for 10 years.  shocked What does that even say about the marriage. It means both of them were not even sure they were going to last that long. The prenup kind of locks the woman in for at least for 10 years IF her secret plan was to leave the marriage sometime in the future. If she leaves before the time elapses, she gets none of the money. The fact that they are re-negotiating the prenup means she may be thinking about leaving the marriage soon because they are working on reducing the 10 year contract and the amount of money she will receive. I just think it's too soon after the incident to be renegotiating stuff like prenups. It questions her intentions about the whole marriage thing  Tiger did her wrong. Agreed. But this is HER own marriage we are talking about. Not the public, not the mistresses, not the greedy lawyers. She should know that at this point not everyone is her friend. Does she know how many ladies are jealous and what they'll do to be in her shoes? Didn't you guys notice how one mistress denied the affair and another one we didn't know jumped out from nowhere to gladly report the affair to the press. What does she stand to gain really? Nothing! These kinds of people don't care if they ruin anyone or cause anyone pain.   If she wants to let people decide for her on how to handle her marriage, fine. She needs to be wise. Unless the marriage was a sham in the first place.

That's why I'll always respect Kobe Bryant's wife. That woman has shown that she really loves that guy and she has him on Lock down. What Tiger did is nothing compared to Kobe's incident. Kobe's career was almost ruined! As in he almost went to jail. The lady involved really wanted to wreck him. The press of course, lawyers and bad belle people were on the wife's neck. What did she do? She dealt with it privately in her own way as a family. Till now nobody knows what they talked about, all we know is we saw one HUGE rock on her finger that Kobe got her and other things he did to say he was sorry. Now they are still going strong while haters still look on with envy, plotting their next line of action.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by chiogo(f): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2009
^Oh pls, Kobe's wife has wetin on lock? I laugh in Igbo. Were they even married when he cheated on her? Like duh! She couldn't really do much but leave his ass but he went and proposed with a 2m dollar ring and she went right back into his arms. I dunno about love but gold-digging sounds better. Love coo. grin
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
most millionaires usually sign prenups when they get married. Some dont, like Kobe, and that's why he moved heaven and earth to keep his wife, imo.

I dont think having a prenup is necessarily a bad thing. It all depends.

However, the wording of this particular prenup seems rather strange.

$20 million if she stays with him for ten years? Is that how prenups normally go or is the media trying to start a frenzy again.

so if the marriage lasts longer than ten years, what happens?

am not that familiar with prenups sha.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2009
btw, his wife was a nanny when Tiger met her but her mum was the Swedish minister of Immigration.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by C2H5OH(f): 11:47pm On Dec 04, 2009
What we know now is not much different from what we knew before. Tiger Woods is a flawed [normal] human being and a great golfer.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Skywalker5(m): 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2009
F--king Gold digger. Tiger woods was smart. what is wrong with women of nowadays. if they catch thier husband cheating. all they want is divorce and 50% of his money.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by C2H5OH(f): 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2009
Never cheat. If you can't afford a house on a finger, don't cheat on your wife.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by C2H5OH(f): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2009
Point of correction chiogo: Kobe Bryant committed the shameful act of adultery.
His wife did not exactly blackmail him like Tiger's is trying to do. His black ass bought Vanessa a house on a finger to try to salvage whatever was left of his troubled marriage.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 05, 2009
I dont know why so many black males get upset when they hear this type of news yet they're the ones pointing out all the flaws of black women who they say they can never date.

so why not take life as it comes.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by bawomolo(m): 1:06am On Dec 05, 2009
the women are only saying its fair because its a woman getting the money. those same women were whining when k-fed was milking britney spears dry.

yeye women.
Re: Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? by kech(f): 1:36am On Dec 05, 2009
C2H5OH:

[b]Point of correction chiogo: Kobe Bryant committed the shameful act of adultery.
[/b]His wife did not exactly blackmail him like Tiger's is trying to do.  His black ass bought Vanessa a house on a finger to try to salvage whatever was left of his troubled marriage.
Thanks my dear, I knew I wasn't hallucinating. I remember the incident very clearly. Kobe was lucky he had someone like Vanessa, if not  undecided undecided
I said what Vanessa and Kobe have may really be love because Kobe DOES NOT have a prenup. If she were a heartless gold digger all she needed to do was file for a divorce and walk away with HALF! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she likes money, but I don't think she's a gold digger.

(1) (2) (Reply)

''A Baby Was The Last Thing On My Ind''; Aka's Babymama, Zinhle Opens Up About M / Ray Hush Puppi On Convoy With Road Safety Officials To The Airport(pics,vid) / Actress Regina Daniels Flaunts Her Backside In A Gorgeous Black Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.