Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Advising An Auditor In A State Of Dilemma - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advising An Auditor In A State Of Dilemma (772 Views)

Poor State Of Police Barracks Around Nigeria (Photos) / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Internal Auditor In A Hotel Or Accountant In A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advising An Auditor In A State Of Dilemma by ollaxworld: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,

I need your honest opinion, advice, suggestions and recommendations on this issue.

My name is ola. I am a qualified accountant with over 5 years of Auditing experience in an Auditing/Accounting firm in Lagos. my experiences span across the public sector Audit(FIRS, PENCOM, RMAFC, BOI ETC) and the private sector Audit (both the manufacturing and non-manufacturing enterpises).

In my field, Auditors are not Blood-hound but a watch-dog. This means that we are expected to approach our work with some level of professional skepticism. By this, Auditors are expected to query issues and until verifiable evidences are seen, no stone would be left un-turn in the process of our Audit (especially when we are conducting an Independence Investigation).

I like my profession so much that I am now obsessed. I questioned almost everything. I subject every damn issues, discussions etc to doubt. The most disturbing part of this issue is that i doubt issues relating to family affairs... my fiance, parents and siblings. I feel bad every time and I know it is a non-normal situation. But honestly, i dont seem to have the solution to get out of this dilemma.

I really dont know how to remove this absurdity as it bothers me a lot not trusting anybody. Please i need your advice fellow Nairalanders.

PLEASE IGNORE MY GRAMMATICAL INCONSISTENCIES.

Thanks

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Re: Advising An Auditor In A State Of Dilemma by obajoey(m): 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
Firstly Mr Ola, please Kindly help me with an audit job I could build a career on. Pls any audit firm.
Thank you.

Back to the topic Mr Ola,
You have allowed the nature of your job to affect your relationship with people.
You should try the best you can to manage the conflict of maintaining your Integrity and also personal relationship with people.
You do your job, but that does not stop you from being the warm person you are.

People get hurt when they discover you don't trust them when they are looking up to you and when they are working/relating with you with all sincerity.

Note that this has gone beyond people you work with, but with your family.

1 Like

Re: Advising An Auditor In A State Of Dilemma by Sezua(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
ollaxworld:
Dear Nairalanders,

I need your honest opinion, advice, suggestions and recommendations on this issue.

My name is ola. I am a qualified accountant with over 5 years of Auditing experience in an Auditing/Accounting firm in Lagos. my experiences span across the public sector Audit(FIRS, PENCOM, RMAFC, BOI ETC) and the private sector Audit (both the manufacturing and non-manufacturing enterpises).

In my field, Auditors are not Blood-hound but a watch-dog. This means that we are expected to approach our work with some level of professional skepticism. By this, Auditors are expected to query issues and until verifiable evidences are seen, no stone would be left un-turn in the process of our Audit (especially when we are conducting an Independence Investigation).

I like my profession so much that I am now obsessed. I questioned almost everything. I subject every damn issues, discussions etc to doubt. The most disturbing part of this issue is that i doubt issues relating to family affairs... my fiance, parents and siblings. I feel bad every time and I know it is a non-normal situation. But honestly, i dont seem to have the solution to get out of this dilemma.

I really dont know how to remove this absurdity as it bothers me a lot not trusting anybody. Please i need your advice fellow Nairalanders.

PLEASE IGNORE MY GRAMMATICAL INCONSISTENCIES.

Thanks

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

i dont even know wat i can say, i pray i dnt become like this sha, as i'm jst a new comer into this world of accountancy, and i hope to enter into the auditing field.
I don't know sha, but i feel u need to try to revivie ur social life, because u come off like someone whose social life is dead and buried behind ISAs and IFRSs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Your Startup Idea Is Terrible And Won't Get Funded / I'm Figures Phobia! Can I Work In A Bank Without Necessarily Counting Money? / Primavera P6 For Oil & Gas Project Management Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.