Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,530 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Some Famous Last Words In History - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Famous Last Words In History (441 Views)

See Deborah Tushima Last Words Before She Died On Her Birthday / 12 Famous People Who Used Their Last Words To Flip Off Death (pictures) / 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Famous Last Words In History by BrainyHUBB(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire!" - Michel Ney, one of Napoleon Bonaparte’s generals, after requesting and being given permission to command the firing squad that would have him executed for treason. Pretty badass. Also, when Napoleon was defeated and exiled in the summer of 1815, Ney was arrested and tried for treason by the Chamber of Peers. In order to save Ney's life, his lawyer Dupin declared that Ney was now Prussian and could not be judged by a French court, as Ney's hometown of Sarrelouis had been annexed by Prussia. Ney ruined his lawyer's effort by interrupting him and stating: "I am French and I will remain French"."

"Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!" - Karl Marx, asked by his housekeeper what his last words were.

“ One last drink, please.” - Jack Daniels, the fitting last words of the famous whiskey distiller who died of blood poisoning

“Brothers! Brothers, please! This is a house of peace!” - Malcolm X -he was assassinated while giving a speech at Manhattan’s Audubon Ballroom. A disturbance broke out and as he tried to calm the situation, a member of the Nation of Islam rushed forward and shot him with a sawn-off shotgun and two others fired handguns.

“Money can’t buy life.”- Bob Marley. The reggae star uttered these last words to son Ziggy.

“Now I can cross the shifting sands.” - Frank Baum, the writer of the Wizard of Oz

"Pardonnez-moi, monsieur. Je ne l'ai pas fait exprès." Pardon me, sir. I did not do it on purpose. - Marie Antoinette. As she approached the guillotine, convicted of treason and about to be beheaded, she stepped on the foot of her executioner.

“ Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight. ” - Lord George Byron, writer

"Well, gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel."- George Appel, before his execution by electric chair.

"What time is it?"- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, to his friends while on his deathbed

"Now it's every man for himself." - Captain Edward John Smith, master, RMS Titanic to the wireless operators before dismissing them

"Aw, there ain't going to be anybody shooting at me, you're just being melodramatic." -Lee Harvey Oswald, moments before being shot by Jack Ruby

"Don't kill this man. He has a story to tell." - Leon Trotsky, to his guards before being stabbed by an ice pick

"Curtain! Fast music! Light! Ready for the last finale! Great! The show looks good, the show looks good!" - Producer Florence Ziegfeld, in a delirium on his deathbed

"How's this for your headline? 'French Fries'" -

Murderer Jack Sullivan in the gas chamber As he was led into the chamber he was asked if he needed anything. He replied, “ You might get me a gas mask ”

"I shall hear in Heaven." -- Ludwig van Beethoven

Giles Corey when being crushed to death during the Salem witch trials: "More weight."

Albert Einstein's last words were in German, and the nurse present didn't speak German. We'll never know his last words. Shit.. what if it was important?

"Don't let me die like this, say I said something" - Emiliano Zapata. Whoever revealed his last words didn't like him very much, I assume.

Nellie Connally (Texas Governor John Connally's wife) who said "Mr. President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you". Right before he was shot.

“Now, now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies." - Voltaire (Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking him that he renounce Satan.)

"I'm so bored with it all." - Winston Churchill.

"Kiss my ass! You'll never find the rest!"- John Wayne Gacy (the rest referring to the bodies of his victims )

"You can be a king or a street sweeper, but in the end everyone dances with the Grim Reaper" - murderer Robert Alton Harris

Marcus Tullius Cicero, after being confronted by assassins sent by Octavian, Mark Anthony, and Lepidus "There is nothing proper about what you are doing, soldier, but do try to kill me properly." Pretty damn stoic.

Thomas de Mahay, a French aristocrat about to be executed during the Revolution, was handed his death warrant to read. After scanning it, he handed it back to the clerk and said, "I see you have made three spelling mistakes." Then he went quietly to his death.
"Take a step or two forward, lads. It will be easier that way." - Erskine Childers, Irish rebel leader, at his execution by firing squad

http://www.brainyhubb.com/
Re: Some Famous Last Words In History by crestedaguiyi: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
Go on,get me Biafra.

The words of my kid brother killed in igweocha on Jan 20,2017 by the Nigerian state.
Re: Some Famous Last Words In History by Edwinmason(m): 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2017
*sobs*
Re: Some Famous Last Words In History by BrainyHUBB(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
Quite touching,,, a very sad and unfortunate event
crestedaguiyi:
Go on,get me Biafra.

The words of my kid brother killed in igweocha on Jan 20,2017 by the Nigerian state.

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Npower Programme / See Why Kingdom Tales Could Be The Best Book By A Nigerian Author / How to make 4million naira in 2months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.