Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,372 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread - Sports (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread (43980 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the 2010 African Cup of Nations?

Nigeria: 46% (114 votes)
Ivory Coast: 24% (61 votes)
Ghana: 6% (15 votes)
Cameroon: 6% (17 votes)
Angola: 1% (4 votes)
Algeria: 0% (0 votes)
Egypt: 13% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by morpheus24: 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2010
Na wa remain small that Algerian keeper would be out!!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tausi(f): 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
What a game! R u guys enjoying it too? Am for Algeria though!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
^^^ I'm just wondering why players from both teams spend more time rolling on the pitch than actually playing?

Meanwhile its

ALG 0 - 2 Egypt

Algeria reduced to 9 men.

Some 20 mins to go.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by morpheus24: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
ITs official

EGypt vs Ghana

Algeria vs Nigeria for bronze
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chrisical(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
Egypt look good for another nation's cup title.They are all but through to the final.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by ddone: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2010
chei, dis Egyptians don finish Algeria grin 3-0
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by morpheus24: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2010
Chei

Egypt has demolished the Algerians

I mean demolished,

The USA team are watching this match o!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by ShdAde: 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
Egypt truly deserve to win. I'll be rooting for them in the final. I was praying for a turn-around in the match against Algeria. But they lost composure. Egypt4, Algeria0. Can Naija ever get such a thorough win against any team?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2010
i dunno what to make of this last match sef undecided

was not interesting . .
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2010
Amodu used the wrong formation & tactics to prosecute today's match. Anyone who has watched Ghana's matches in this competition knows they play with 1 striker, look to steal a goal (in the 1st half) and then pack the bus in front of their goal in the 2nd half. . .before today, they'd used this tactic successfully against Burkina Faso and Angola. . . .so I was surprised Amodu started off with 4-5-1/4-4-3 formation (that makes use of a lone striker) rather than a 4-4-2 against a team that was obviously coming to defend. When they scored, I said to my brother. 'If we can't equalize in the 1st half, we cant score again becos 'oma di ile pa ni 2nd half'. . .and this turned out to be true as they played defensive throughout. Our strikers didn't help matters too by wasting the many good goal scoring chances that came their way.

Anyway, a surgical operation needs to be done on this team. . . . .certain players need to be dropped e.g Nwaneri, Kanu, Yusuf Mohammed (always takes him at least 3 touches to control a ball and he's too injury prone) and certain players need to be recalled (e.g Adeleye, Adefemi, Ajilore, Eneramo etc). . . .  Amodu must also be more flexible in his approach to matches. . . .you don't go thru' a tournament playing opposing teams that play different patterns with the same formation and tactics, Haba! He must also be willing to try players in positions other than the traditional roles we know them for playing in the S.E's eg Why can't Nsofor for example play as a 10 & Osaze or Ogbuke as a point man like Sia1 used them in the Olympics etc,etc.

Amodu must also keep his mind open and give the home-based players and the better players from the U-17 (Azeez, Chukwudi, Emmanuel, Ajagun) U-21(Obot Etuk, Obiorah Nwankwo, Kingsley Udoh, Rabiu Ibrahim and Beijing 2008 team a chance to fight for a place in the final 23-man list. . . . . These players must not be used as mere training materials. . . .THEY MUST NOT. . .some of them MUST actually make the final team to South Africa. I see no reason why at least 3-5 players from the domestic league can't make the final team to the World cup. . . . Amodu cannot in his right senses tell me players like Ike ThankGod, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Osanga King, Ibrahim Babale, Obiorah Nwankwo, Valentine Nwabili, Jonah Abutu, Solomon Okpako, John Nnam etc are not good. HE CANNOT!. . . .Amodu's take on the domestic league and the players is not only pathetic but laughable. .  Heartland got to the CAF champions league final and eliminated a Kano Pillars that knocked out Ahl-Ahly of Egypt (that is the bedrock of the Egypt's Angola 2010 team) in the semi-finals. It's funny Amodu saw no player worth donning the green-white-green amongst these two teams. . . Very Funny. . . .A local homebased coach who cut his teeth in the domestic league but does not believe in home-based players?. . . oh. . . .LAUGH WAN KILL ME DIE!

Finally, I have been a vocal supporter of Amodu but at the same time, I have often tempered this support with criticism and expressed my displeasure with his player selection, tactics, formation, substitutions and what have you. I hope he has a change of mentality and does what needs to be done before the World cup. . . . .(YES HE STILL DESERVES TO TAKE US TO THE WORLD CUP albeit with Siasia in tow) otherwise hmmm. . ,  . make I just stop for here for now.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by A40(m): 1:28am On Jan 29, 2010
Maybe losing to Ghana was not bad afterall, i would hate for Nigeria to be the country with the most scandalous losing margin at a nations cup final. Damn these Egyptians are so business-like they should be wearing Armani button up suits and ties to the pitch instead of soccer jerseys. How they fail to make the World Cup should be on the next episode of nnkan nbe because they have proven the Algeria win at Sudan was the ultimate fluke! If only they could swap them with one african country cos i doubt any of the present 6 would make an impact
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by DrKitaun(m): 1:43am On Jan 29, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Amodu used the wrong formation & tactics to prosecute today's match. Anyone who has watched Ghana's matches in this competition knows they play with 1 striker, look to steal a goal (in the 1st half) and then pack the bus in front of their goal in the 2nd half. . .before today, they'd used this tactic successfully against Burkina Faso and Angola. . . .so I was surprised Amodu started off with 4-5-1/4-4-3 formation (that makes use of a lone striker) rather than a 4-4-2 against a team that was obviously coming to defend. When they scored, I said to my brother. 'If we can't equalize in the 1st half, we cant score again becos 'oma di ile pa ni 2nd half'. . .and this turned out to be true as they played defensive throughout. Our strikers didn't help matters too by wasting the many good goal scoring chances that came their way.

Anyway, a surgical operation needs to be done on this team. . . . .certain players need to be dropped e.g Nwaneri, Kanu, Yusuf Mohammed (always takes him at least 3 touches to control a ball and he's too injury prone) and certain players need to be recalled (e.g Adeleye, Adefemi, Ajilore, Eneramo etc). . . . Amodu must also be more flexible in his approach to matches. . . .you don't go thru' a tournament playing opposing teams that play different patterns with the same formation and tactics, Haba! He must also be willing to try players in positions other than the traditional roles we know them for playing in the S.E's eg Why can't Nsofor for example play as a 10 & Osaze or Ogbuke as a point man like Sia1 used them in the Olympics etc,etc.

Amodu must also keep his mind open and give the home-based players and the better players from the U-17 (Azeez, Chukwudi, Emmanuel, Ajagun) U-21(Obot Etuk, Obiorah Nwankwo, Kingsley Udoh, Rabiu Ibrahim and Beijing 2008 team a chance to fight for a place in the final 23-man list. . . . . These players must not be used as mere training materials. . . .THEY MUST NOT. . .some of them MUST actually make the final team to South Africa. I see no reason why at least 3-5 players from the domestic league can't make the final team to the World cup. . . . Amodu cannot in his right senses tell me players like Ike ThankGod, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Osanga King, Ibrahim Babale, Obiorah Nwankwo, Valentine Nwabili, Jonah Abutu, Solomon Okpako, John Nnam etc are not good. HE CANNOT!. . . .Amodu's take on the domestic league and the players is not only pathetic but laughable. . Heartland got to the CAF champions league final and eliminated a Kano Pillars that knocked out Ahl-Ahly of Egypt (that is the bedrock of the Egypt's Angola 2010 team) in the semi-finals. It's funny Amodu saw no player worth donning the green-white-green amongst these two teams. . . Very Funny. . . .A local homebased coach who cut his teeth in the domestic league but does not believe in home-based players?. . . oh. . . .LAUGH WAN KILL ME DIE!

Finally, I have been a vocal supporter of Amodu but at the same time, I have often tempered this support with criticism and expressed my displeasure with his player selection, tactics, formation, substitutions and what have you. I hope he has a change of mentality and does what needs to be done before the World cup. . . . .(YES HE STILL DESERVES TO TAKE US TO THE WORLD CUP albeit with Siasia in tow) otherwise hmmm. . , . make I just stop for here for now.

any need still talking about Amodu doing anything about reinforcements or replacements when HE IS GONNA BE SACKED ANY MOMENT FROM NOW . . .ok let me make it more milder HE WILL BE RELIEVED OF HIS DUTIES grin grin

when u see a coach that decides to select players based on past glory/pedigree, u shouldnt be surprised when his rivals show him HE IS STILL LIVING IN A JET AGE !

Osaze, Martins, Yakubu all werent fit, he brought them in, Kanu was not supposed to come exhaust that space, why not bring along Yekini or Agali then ? undecided why was Olofinjana taken when they all knew he was injured ?

I wonder why Mr Semiu believes Yussuf M'med should be replaced . . .dude was our best player over the last 2 games as he grew in confidence . . .the likes of Martins and Osaze were being wasteful in front of goal whilst he was being frugal at the rear . . .

Amodu showed his ineptitude by not starting YAK . . .It was always going to make more sense to have Martins start from the bench as he has a way of coming from the bench to score goals a la Sani Emmanuel, what did u have ? HE LISTENED TO PEOPLE THAT SAID, YAK WASNT GOOD ENUFF YET HE BROUGHT HIM IN TO REPLACE OBAFEMI shocked why not kukuma leave him on the bench for the match ?

Majority of Nigerians would have cussed YAKUBU for missing the chances Martins and Osaze fluffed but they are the GOLDEN UNTOUCHABLES who are loved by Naija fans . . .how myopic undecided
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 8:01am On Jan 29, 2010
Dr Kit, my bad, but did you just say he should have started with Yak only because Martins could have come off the bench to score? Oh no you didn't say that or did you?  shocked  grin

I tried to see reason in that Martins could do a "Sani Emmanuel" but heck why not start with Kanu or even with one of the goalkeepers then?  grin Believe you me, it wont make any difference.  grin

@Semid4lyfe, your post in full of contradictions. According to your post:- A coach with zero tactics, pathetic selection and negative take on home based players should take us to the world cup? hmm. . .do you expect him to change overnight?  undecided  grin
It is common knowlegde that he is NOT going to work with Sia1 except you know something that we don't.

By the way Moi thinks the ref (Algeria vs Egypt) was rubbish.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 29, 2010
Doc,
If the Amodu fans club led by the scrotal sac called Sagamite feel they need to explain away his shoddy performance,I think there's no point replying people who are intent on supporting ineptude,mediocrity,shoddiness,general laziness and stupidity.
Amodu should never have been coach in the first place.Especially when a Siasia lurks.So when anyone prepares a post-mortem,telling us how and what a coach (who should by now,know what do do,especially when he is supposed to have had these qualities but is obviously lacking these qualities) should be doing,it makes you wonder why and how they started defending this same embodiment of emptiness in the first place.
There's no point in replying someone who lashed out at people who felt Amodu was never the right option to coach the eagles,and is trying to save face with an epistle that makes St. Paul look like a secondary school literature student.Especially when they felt we the "left-wingers"didn't know what we were saying.One honeric now wants to blame the players,forgetting conveniently that those same players were selected by the coach;conveniently forgetting that football's creed is that the buck stops at the manager/coach's desk.Yet these same people feel people like us calling for removal of Amodu on the basis of pure incompetence and non-qualification have no opinion or don't know what we are saying.
Shame on those defending Amodu.We deserve better.Even if he is kicked out 24hrs to the start of the world cup,the idiot is NOT deserving of the honour to lead us to the /mundial.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by jaramogi(m): 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2010
MAN I av to give it to da ghanians dey av been playin GUD.
The Egypians are easy wins however!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by DrKitaun(m): 4:22am On Jan 30, 2010
@FBS

Trust my judgement please wink

The more u look the less u see . . .I rest my case ! cool
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 8:51am On Jan 30, 2010
Eastbay:

Doc,
If the Amodu fans club led by the scrotal sac called Sagamite feel they need to explain away his shoddy performance,I think there's no point replying people who are intent on supporting ineptude,mediocrity,shoddiness,general laziness and stupidity.
Amodu should never have been coach in the first place.Especially when a Siasia lurks.So when anyone prepares a post-mortem,telling us how and what a coach (who should by now,know what do do,especially when he is supposed to have had these qualities but is obviously lacking these qualities) should be doing,it makes you wonder why and how they started defending this same embodiment of emptiness in the first place.
There's no point in replying someone who lashed out at people who felt Amodu was never the right option to coach the eagles,and is trying to save face with an epistle that makes St. Paul look like a secondary school literature student.Especially when they felt we the "left-wingers"didn't know what we were saying.One honeric now wants to blame the players,forgetting conveniently that those same players were selected by the coach;conveniently forgetting that football's creed is that the buck stops at the manager/coach's desk.Yet these same people feel people like us calling for removal of Amodu on the basis of pure incompetence and non-qualification have no opinion or don't know what we are saying.
Shame on those defending Amodu.We deserve better.Even if he is kicked out 24hrs to the start of the world cup,the idiot is NOT deserving of the honour to lead us to the /mundial.

Shuo,see as dem they finish Amodu
Truth be told,dude knew he dindn't possess the technical nous to guide the eagles to glory at can2010,but I guess the lure of the pay,bonuses ets was just too good to resist,I blame the NFF who refused to see his incompetence,except it's true what some people are saying in certain quarters that some NFF officials actually collect financial returns from Amodu

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Pogba Finally Reveals The Actual Reason Mourinho Was Sacked At Man United / Mikel Obi Undergoes Medical At Middlesbrough. / How Qatar Bought The 2022 World Cup, Bribed President Putin With Oil Deals (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.