Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread - Sports (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread (44039 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the 2010 African Cup of Nations?

Nigeria: 46% (114 votes)
Ivory Coast: 24% (61 votes)
Ghana: 6% (15 votes)
Cameroon: 6% (17 votes)
Angola: 1% (4 votes)
Algeria: 0% (0 votes)
Egypt: 13% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by shesi(m): 2:22am On Jan 26, 2010
Well football is so funny and you'd be surprised to see Egypt being knocked out by Algeria in the semis, if not, then by God's grace, we go dey final dey wait for them.

if i may ask my dear friend, how do you intend to get to the finals?

ghana U-20s will be teaching the flightless eagles of nigerian a bitter lesson in football come that game. you've been warned. don't eat pepper soup that day, it will be very unpleasant lol.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 8:41am On Jan 26, 2010
shesi:

ghana U-20s will be teaching the flightless eagles of nigerian a bitter lesson in football come that game. you've been warned. don't eat pepper soup that day, it will be very unpleasant lol.
ta ta!
Football is played on the pitch and NOT on NL. Wait till we meet. ok? grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 8:49am On Jan 26, 2010
shesi:

U dey foam for mouth abi? anyways wait until we meet on Thursday, SE hates to be beaten by the BS, that's a confidence boosting pill for the SE.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 8:59am On Jan 26, 2010
Africa Cup of Nations fixtures
Thursday, 28 January 2010

Ghana v Nigeria, SF, 17:00
Algeria v Egypt, SF, 20:30
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2010
I seriously dont know what some folks are rejoicing about with Nigeria's lucky win yesterday. . .
A lacklustre and mediocre Nigeria side scraped past Zambia, and all of ya are losing your marbles shocked
Rusty team full of old men who cant even self-service thier own co/cks
Inept and a tacticaly deficient management team - Now that is a bunch of jokes. . . .
Fuc.k me sideways. . . .Nigeria will be disgraced out in the next round and even at the world cup!

FBS
If you delete my post, i will send a trailer rim round your way tongue
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tkb417(m): 9:16am On Jan 26, 2010
MrCrackles:

I seriously dont know what some folks are rejoicing about here. . .
A lacklustre and mediocre Nigeria side scraped past Zambia, and all of ya are losing your marbles shocked
Rusty team full of old men and inept coupled with a tacticaly deficient management team is just a bunch of jokes. . . .
Fuc.k me sideways. . . .Nigeria will be disgraced out in the next round and even at the world cup!
ure right but tht inept, tactless with a moronic coach is in the semi finals while the tactful, suave, smart, efficient and crisp teams are out of the tourney a la Cameoroon and CIV

if u ask me, ill say u shd sharrap and lets continueingsupporting
and who says CAF wont give the trophy to us if we win the final game? grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2010
tkb417:

ure right but tht inept, tactless with a moronic coach is in the semi finals while the tactful, suave, smart, efficient and crisp teams are out of the tourney a la Cameoroon and CIV
You are on your own TKB. . . .I gave up supporting Nigeria when Abacha was still in power grin
I will sharrap for now until CAF hands over the trophy to Podgy Aiyegbeni! shocked grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 9:22am On Jan 26, 2010
MrCrackles:

I seriously dont know what some folks are rejoicing about with Nigeria's lucky win yesterday. . .
Inept and a tacticaly deficient management team - Now that is a bunch of jokes. . . .

FBS
Shut your bleeping mouth. I don't have your time. Na when you see me delete post here.  tongue

tkb417:

Thanks Boss. Put these pests where they belong grin . If we support na fight. . .if we don't na something else. undecided
Yep they played rubbish  cheesy and stumbled into the semis but a WIN is a WIN. End of Discussion.  cool

But nna mehn, if CAF no give us that cup na Cabenda rebels we go send to them. cheesy

What are you doing in Qatar? Don't tell me you have a meeting with AF there?  cheesy
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 9:23am On Jan 26, 2010
MrCrackles:

I will sharrap for now until CAF hands over the trophy to Podgy Aiyegbeni! shocked grin

Your best decision so far for today. cool cool cool
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:25am On Jan 26, 2010
FBS:

Shut your bleeping mouth. I don't have your time. Na when you see me delete post here.  tongue
Ok sir. . tongue

honeric01:

Your best decision so far for today. cool cool cool
Yaaaay!!! grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 9:30am On Jan 26, 2010
MrCrackles:

Yaaaay!!! grin

Good boy cheesy
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 10:09am On Jan 26, 2010
By their antecedents and previous posts, we shall know them. . . . . . . MrCrackles has never posted anything good or positive about Nigeria. . . . . .he disses everything Nigerian. . . . From Nollywood to our National teams to our music etc so I'm not surprised by his post. If you ask am make im analyze game now, hin no go fit. . . . .na only to curse and yab with 'funky' oyinbo lingo em sabi.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 10:13am On Jan 26, 2010
semid4lyfe:

By their antecedents and previous posts, we shall know them. . . . . . . MrCrackles has never posted anything good or positive about Nigeria. . . . . .he disses everything Nigerian. . . . From Nollywood to our National teams to our music etc so I'm not surprised by his post. If you ask am make im analyze game now, hin no go fit. . . . .na only to curse and yab with 'funky' oyinbo lingo em sabi.

we all know them, some of them are slowly changing, but the traits can't be completely washed away from them.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 11:09am On Jan 26, 2010
Zambia deserved to win by a dozen goals sef.

If only they had a good finisher angry

Nigeria played shite and deserved to lose wella tongue tongue tongue

The two semis na die.

Black star Vs Flightless Eagles

Pharaohs vs Desert Foxes. abi is that not algeria's name grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2010
mukina2:

Zambia deserved to win by a dozen goals sef.

If only t[b]hey had a good finisher[/b] angry

Nigeria played shite and deserved to lose wella tongue tongue tongue

The two semis na die.

Black star Vs Flightless Eagles

Pharaohs vs Desert Foxes. abi is that not algeria's name grin

This same team scored 2 goals against Cameroon and 2 goals against Gabon, so i don't think they lacked good finishers.

If Amodu's luck will lead us to winning the nations cup, then i don't mind him taking us to the worldcup, but then, i want him to change his selection if he's allowed to go to the worldcup.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 11:48am On Jan 26, 2010
abeg their captain ze kalanga or what's his name sef was given the strikers very good passes but they kept on missing angry

If only they had a drogba, Eto'o,Kanoute and the list goes on.

Nigeria for hear am tongue tongue

make una nor pick that team go World cup oh. Tevez/Messi and the rest of argentina's midgets will have a field day grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 11:55am On Jan 26, 2010
mukina2:

abeg their captain ze kalanga or what's his name sef was given the strikers very good passes but they kept on missing angry

If only they had a drogba, Eto'o,Kanoute and the list goes on.

Nigeria for hear am tongue tongue

make una nor pick that team go World cup oh. Tevez/Messi and the rest of argentina's midgets will have a field day grin grin

P. Katongo, the guy na soldier thats why him no tire yesterday, he's an offensive midfielder and also plays as a striker for them.

Those with Drogba, Eto and Kanoute are all out of the competition so which one do you prefer?

Let's wait for the worldcup, i know that this team won't go to the worldcup, i mean many of the players won't make it.

Nwaneri
Etuhu
Olofinjana
Yabuku
Kanu

these players shouldn't be in the worldcup squad
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2010
on to Black Stars. lemme see what the eagles will play against the kids of Ghana grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Sauron1: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
mukina2:

on to Black Stars. lemme see what the eagles will play against the kids of Ghana grin grin

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap. . . . . . .Admit it. . . .You are jealous of Nigeria because your useless team(CIV) got dumped out of the competition.
U will have to wait another two years to see your darling Eboue lift the ACN. grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
na wetin? grin

Thursday will be a great day grin

Ayew will show himself wella.

Danny Shittu na wrestler abi na footballer grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

U will have to wait another two years to see your darling Eboue lift the ACN. grin

Lift wetin? if they can't do anything now that they are complete, you think 2 years time'll be anyway better?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2010
mukina2:

Danny Shittu na wrestler abi na footballer grin grin

Yet we didn't concede with him in the SE's defense.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2010
when Martins turn into Jet li? grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Cotedevoire. . . . .perennial underachievers of African football. I recall they had a golden generation in '94 with players like Joel Tiehi, Michele Bassole, Alan Gouamane & co and were heavily tipped by pundits and bookmakers to lift the cup but they fell short even then. . . . . . .and now the same thing has happened to this set of golden boys at their peak. . . . . I pity them cos this competition was theirs for the taken but since they've blown it, they wont win it in the next 10yrs.

Adios Cotedevoire!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Sagamite(m): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2010
MrCrackles:

FBS

Moooron, you are still singing the same tune?

"Nigeria would be disgraced out in the first round"

"Nigeria would lose in the QFs"
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Sauron1: 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Cotedevoire. . . . .perennial underachievers of African football. I recall they had a golden generation in '94 with players like Joel Tiehi, Michele Bassole, Alan Gouamane & co and were heavily tipped by pundits and bookmakers to lift the cup but they fell short even then. . . . . . .and now the same thing has happened to this set of golden boys at their peak. . . . . I pity them cos this competition was theirs for the taken but since they've blown it, they wont win it in the next 10yrs.

Adios Cotedevoire!

That squad played the best Nigerian team ever off the park in Tunisia 94.
Till date. . . . . .That is the best ACN match i have ever watched.
The brand of attacking football displayed by both teams was WORLD CLASS.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by shesi(m): 3:46pm On Jan 26, 2010

Adios Cotedevoire!

not so fast. CIV won it in 92. they beat us(ghana) in the finals by penalty kicks. that their squad was thought to be going on to dominate africa. that didn't happen. But make no mistake, that team they had was superb. among the best african teams ever assembled. Along with, Ghana of 82, Nigeria of 94, Cameroon of the early 2000s, and Egypt in the late 2000s.

The title of perennial underachievers in African football should be split between Mali and Senegal.

Back to thursday. Ghana U20s will be teaching flightless eagles of nigeria a lesson in refined football.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
Sharrap dia jare. . . . .That your make-shift Ghanaian team can only defeat our Super Eagles in your dreams. I was afraid and a bit fearful over the Zambian match but I harbour no fear over the Ghana game. I'll even go as far as predicting a 2-0 victory for the Super Eagles.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tkb417(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
where is Ruudie

shebi he said Cameroon will beat Egypt?

i just remembered now sef

Ruudie come show ur face o cheesy
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

That squad played the best Nigerian team ever off the park in Tunisia 94.
Till date. . . . . .That is the best ACN match i have ever watched.
The brand of attacking football displayed by both teams was WORLD CLASS.
How were we played off the park in that match.That has to be one of Okocha's best performances for us(a la against the Azzuri's in USA 94)during his playing career.I still can't forget his great pass that culminated in Iroha's goal.

The Yeo Martial tutored side of Senegal 92 were more efficient that the 94 team man.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tkb417(m): 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2010
kay_pumpin:

How were we played off the park in that match.That has to be one of Okocha's best performances for us(a la against the Azzuri's in USA 94)during his playing career.I still can't forget his great pass that culminated in Iroha's goal.

The Yeo Martial tutored side of Senegal 92 were more efficient that the 94 team man.
the 92 team were lucky (Ghana were better; even Nigeria woulda beaten them)
the 94 team were class and were obviously the best team of the tourney

they woulda massacred Zambia in the finals
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Sauron1: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
kay_pumpin:

I still saw the match last summer. Ivory Coast took the game to us in the first 45 mins and we only improved in the 2nd half.
Bassole scored two blinders(especially the 2nd one). . . . .Joel Tiehi was in the form of his life in that tournament.

I disagree.
SE woulda beaten that team had we beaten Ghana in the Semis. . . . .
We lost to Ghana stupidly no thanx to our sleeping defenders allowing Abedi Pele to score a glancing header from over 25 yards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Michael Umanyika Dies In Azerbaijan During Training / FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years / André Ayew Performing Ritual Before African Cup Of Nations Match (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.