Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

What Makes Some Songs Blow And Others Do Not - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Makes Some Songs Blow And Others Do Not (586 Views)

Download MP3: What Makes Us Different By Jerry Praise / I Will Be Drop Some Songs I Compose Myself.. / Upcoming Artistes Who Has Dropped Some Songs Contact Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Some Songs Blow And Others Do Not by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2017
When we hear some songs, we can’t forget the lyrics, we hear them again and again, in the bedroom, inside the car, in the sitting room, when taking shower, and they are on top chat list on radio and TV. We can’t do but to download these songs, we want them to be played on radio and to watch the video on TV. If possible, we want them to be sung in churches or mosque. I have many of these kinds of songs in my laptop and phones that I listen to every now and then. These songs are called hit songs. We wonder how the artist who composed these songs managed to do so. Every artist wants their songs to become a hit song.
As a singer, you may think that hit songs have to do with when an artist is signed on to a record label or publishing company. Many artists depend on their producer to make their song a hit. If you have a good voice, it must be coupled with a hit song. A hit song is what an artist’s need just to succeed in their musical career. Many upcoming artist are looking forward everyday to compose or release a hit song their will bring them to the limelight.
Many publishers know a song that we become a hit and many producers does likewise. Publishers have different list in their catalog divided into A, B, C and so on. They start publishing the songs in their A list, because that is songs they believe that it will blow or become a hit. Many upcoming artists find it difficult to make publisher’s a list and that is why their song would not be played on Radio and TV, and if they are not played, they can’t get closer to their fans or attract a record label or industry professionals.
Hit songs are very important to the career of any artists. This is the only thing you need as an artist. Thank God for some artist who made it to the A list of publisher’s list, these artists are the new artists you hear every year. Some of them made it to be nominated for the next rated award and some of them will eventually win the award. Many top artists you listen and play their songs today, didn’t get there by chance, they get the awareness they needed when they release a hit song. Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Ice prince, MI, Iyanyan, Teckno and a host of others have once been there. Some of them have been releasing songs even before they made it to the lime light. If you cannot compose hit songs, no record label will invite you for a deal. It is very important for artists to attract a record label be first releasing a hit song.
So every musician who finds it difficult to get notice or airplay on radio or TV should go back and learn the basics. Don’t depend on the producer to do the magic. Even though a producer also have a role to play in making a song become a hit, but it all depends on the chemistry between the producer and artist.
To make a song hit all depend on identifying the ingredients of a hit song. You can do this by studying the songs that are already a hit, try to dissect them, analyze them and identify those ingredients that makes them a hit. Next time when you want to compose a song, make use of those ingredients. Try to be unique on your own and don’t copy other people pattern. Try to identify the style, lyrics and arrangement and ask yourself this question what is in this song that makes people love it? The answer to that question will make your next song to be a hit.
It is also important to work with a producer who can collaborate with you to make your song a hit.

You are not alone, Josephking (Nigeria music producer is here to help you achieve your dream of releasing a hit song. Although he came into the scene recently, but his knowledge about production and the music business as a whole set him apart. He is dare to be different)

If you need help mentorship or interested in music production with me, let us connect on social media @Oladugbaking on Twitter, Oladugbajoseph.king on Facebook, Oladugba Joseph King on LinkedIn. Whatsapp me via 08063154192 and Call or text me via the same number.

(1) (Reply)

Download And Listen To 'call On Me' By Emiyo / Lols;popular MMM Singer Makes U Turn, Remix His Former Song [watch Video] / So In LOVE – Joseph Benjamin (iamjbenjamin) Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.