Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 (2802 Views)

Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans / Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu / The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Sphilip1(m): 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
Around September last year, Apple had their annual event and in the course of that event, the iPhone 7 was unveiled to the public.

But just before the ‘market-breaking device’ was released, Nigerians well known for ‘singing praises’ had already started singing the praises of iPhone 7 to even as far as Jerusalem.

Big fans of Merrybet went as far as testing their predictive skills on the specs and features of the phone.

Well, a couple of not-so-geeky folks with huge odds, got their predictions correct whereas some went too predictive and hilariously, most of their predictions were the kind of hype you hear a guy telling a chick when he is wooing her.

So what actually were some Nigerians saying about the iPhone 7?

1. iPhone 7 will tell you if an ugly or fine person is calling you.

Sincerely, this rumour got me laughing out loud

Before iPhone 7 was unveiled, part of the whispers and illustration I head Nigerians saying is that;

If you’re a hot chick and you buy an iPhone 7, whenever any ugly guy is calling your number, you will get a notification and therefore decide if you want to pick the call or not.

Lol. This were big lies and funny hype.

Guess what?

They were all sent to the bottomless pit because there is no such feature on the iPhone 7

Read Also >> 24k Gold-Plated and Diamond Encrusted iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Now Available

2. We will not be playing Game with hands again!

Wonders shall never end right? If technology doesn’t kill us, we sure will just laugh our ribs out.

Someone told me that someone told his friend that told his brother that to play a game on the iPhone 7 you wouldn’t need to use your hands but eyes (Eye movement).

If this is possible, then there would be no need to play our beloved candy crush and temple run with hands. (Eyes all the way!)

Hehe. This part of the hype was sent down the bottomless pit also.

No doubt that augmented reality and virtual reality are the next big deal, iPhone 7 does not support that kind of technology that will allow you play games with the movement of your eye.

3. If an ugly person texts you, iPhone 7 will reject it.

How on earth would that have been possible? Handsome geeks, do you think this can be possible?

This particular hype was the talk of the kids in my neighbourhood.

Only God knows who told them.

Well, the iPhone 7 wasn’t made with the feature that would practically reject a text from an ugly person.

4. TWO headphones can be connected to the iPhone 7

Aside from the online leaks, a majority of Nigerians were expecting the usually wired headphone.

Not only were their expectations called short, the iPhone 7 was manufactured without a headphone jack, although a wired headphone could still be connected. But to “connect 2 headphones” – that’s too much hype.

5. The phone could play any music you think of.

Like seriously, this one got me speechless.

I’m currently based in Warri and where I live, some folks who had somehow heard the expected (whooping) price tag of the iPhone 7, were the ones speaking of this miraculous technology.

If such phones would exist, I bet you would find them only in Heaven!

Closing the curtains.

It is indeed a well know fact that iPhones are prestigious phones not just in Nigeria but all over the world.

Allow me ladies and gentlemen sneh, to mention those who can’t do without Apple’s iPhone; Business men and women, students, married couples, footballers, musicians, drug dealers, and even Yahoo boys.

On the positive side, all thanks to the fundamental work of its founder, Late Steve Jobs.

So, say the truth!

Which of these hype did you hear most? Aside the few mentioned above, where there some other hype you heard, were they true?

Don't forget to check 7 Hilarious Reactions Made My Nigerians Towards The iPhone 7 Price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
grin
most nigerians are very gullible

FTC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Sphilip1(m): 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
simijimi:
grin
most nigerians are very gullible

Hehe.. that's why I love them!
Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Tocheagle(m): 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
Iphone7 has a toilet flushing app and can tell the difference between Nigerian &Ghanaian jollof

6 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by BlackSeptember: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
Seriously i didn't hear any of such Lies you listed and this my first time of hearing it from your mouth.

Please can you report to DSS office because you need to answer some questions wink

7 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Tbillz(m): 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
iPhone 7 will tell you how many guys your woman ever slept with. Awesome is the word!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Sphilip1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2017
Tbillz:
iPhone 7 will tell you how many guys your woman ever slept with. Awesome is the word!

iPhone 7 bloody
Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Tbillz(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
grin
Sphilip1:

iPhone 7 bloody
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by joseph214(m): 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
More like 5 jokes, Nigerians ain't that gullible.
Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Friedyokes: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
joseph214:
More like 5 jokes, Nigerians ain't that gullible.
you have not met us
Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Xbursta(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
Lies from d pit of hell

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by GetUmad: 11:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Yea , Yo' damn right dude. But the only lie I ever heard was that you lied that they lied.

Do you stay around that Ajegunle side in Lasgidi? More like what your hood guys did say.

Never heard any.
Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by lilmax(m): 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
dry
Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by ghettowriter(m): 12:18am On Feb 09, 2017
Is that so?

Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by niyot124: 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hmmm....

I doubt people will actually fall for these lies, cuz they pretty sound so unbelievable and senseless.
Re: 5 Hilarious ' LIES' Some Nigerians Told To Hype Iphone 7 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2017
I was told if you put it on Flight mode you can fly to wonderland and it could also dial angel Gabriel direct hot line

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro / Great Deals With Finet Mobile / Is 16GB Of (ROM) Internal Phone Storage Enough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.