Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,156 members, 7,845,810 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today (9950 Views)

Unoaku Anyadike's Son 6th Birthday Is Today (Photo) / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde's Outfit To AMAA 2015 In South Africa (photo) / Genevieve Nnaji or Omotola Jalade: Who Is More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:46am On Dec 07, 2009
naliakar:
you said genny doesnt do any charity work? or what did you say about her?
and she is also a better actress in my eyes because for the last couple of years she hasnt been doing crappy movies with dumb storylines.
i dont remember watching a movie in which genny was some lousy character in a lousy movie.
thats part of the reason why she turned down yankee girls. how can someone of her level of acting accept such a role? why would she be one of the top actresses only to do a lousy and cheap movie like that?
its only rational. she chooses her roles wisely and not because the producer is going to offer her big bucks to star in some cheap crap like yankee girls
http://libvixen..com/2008/05/genevieve-interview.html

please read this.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 07, 2009
naliakar:

Ooh. They are out of the woodwork again. My my, my, my, !!
I have to go into hiding now and fast.
Plz remain permanently hidden.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 3:52am On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Exactly what Aloy wants with his misleading title.

Siena, would you ot agree that she is ONE OF MANY THAT BOUGHT NOLLYWOOD TO WHERE IT IS?

She never said she was the one, she said she as amongst many that bought nollywood to where it is

Toyin, now that makes more sense!
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 07, 2009
Siena:

Toyin, now that makes more sense!
Thank you. smiley
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by oyinda3(f): 4:16am On Dec 07, 2009
she said she was "one of the few" and I don't think that's far from the truth.
alloy def. messed up with this topic grin what a clown
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 4:39am On Dec 07, 2009
Omotola contributed to nollywood, the truth be told, she and genny did, they started quite early, name two popular old "young actresses" and i will tell you omotola and genny will come up.omotola started b4 genny, so she contributed a lot before other actresses came in
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 4:57am On Dec 07, 2009
!amebo no1:

Omotola contributed to nollywood, the truth be told, she and genny did, they started quite early, name two popular old "young actresses" and i will tell you omotola and genny will come up.omotola started b4 genny, so she contributed a lot before other actresses came in

DITTOED
And I promise never to criticize Amebo again, ever.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 5:07am On Dec 07, 2009
Be Still

i only tell the truth the way i see it, i am not saying it to please you or anybody
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 07, 2009
I maintain my position. Actors only increased the fame. They didn't improve anything when it comes to quality which is what matters to me.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 07, 2009
michelin89:

I maintain my position. Actors only increased the fame. They didn't improve anything when it comes to quality which is what matters to me.
Don't you think real "acting" helps with the quality of Nollywod?

If we can delete actors like Van Vicker, Nadia and Jim Iyke, and add them with more Omotola, Gene, and other good actors, then Nollywood will upgrade.

From there, we can tell with the directors and producers.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 5:12am On Dec 07, 2009
!amebo no1:

Be Still

i only tell the truth the way i see it, i am not saying it to please you or anybody

I am very still, like pot water, lips sealed. But you also know that there is always the law of unintended consequences. That I am pleased with what I read is a result of that law. And  my! my! how true that statement is.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:12am On Dec 07, 2009
IDK, i think they co-exist with one another.
like its one that is helping the other and visa versa.
but i would still give more credit to the producers directors and writers
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 5:14am On Dec 07, 2009
to each their own, the directors and producers only write, it is the actresses and actors that brings it to the top, their skills and talents made these producers sell, without the good talents of the actresses the producers will have no money to gain in producing films, i believe it is the actresses that are doing more job than the producers, why do people rush for genny,omotola, ini edo etc films? people dont rush for the names of the directors and producers but for the actresses and actors starring in the film
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 07, 2009
We are not speaking of quantity, but quality.

Ini and Omotola have acted more crappy in their CV than decent ones.

I don't make money buying movies but I want to enjoy good storylines and directing and then acting by actors. Even though the actors are good, when the quality is decaying, the movie will still suck.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by rhymz(m): 5:17am On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Thank you, that's what she said.
Name any actor/actress that are also Nollywoo producers with quality movies.
ego Boyo comes to mind.This lady does not do crap,she's one person that does not compromise quality.Ask anyone in the industry.No need to argue it Omotala like Michelin and Amaka have already saidy is just there to feed her mouth with her crappy movies,What the hell is Rihanna and Beyonce,I so hate the Idea.Rubbish! Does not make any meaning.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 5:18am On Dec 07, 2009
i beg to differ, omotola only started acting rubbish films of late, the girl's got talent abeg
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 07, 2009
michelin89:

We are not speaking of quantity, but quality.

Ini and Omotola have acted more crappy in their CV than decent ones.

I don't make money buying movies but I want to enjoy good storylines and directing and then acting by actors. Even though the actors are good, when the quality is decaying, the movie will still suck.

Ehrrrm I'm not trying to change your mind, but if you can remember, it'd help to name her movies that you think were crappy.

rhymz:

ego Boyo comes to mind.This lady does not do crap,she's one person that does not compromise quality.Ask anyone in the industry.No need to argue it Omotala like Michelin and Amaka have is just there to feed her mouth with her crappy movies,What the hell is Rihanna and Beyonce,I so hate the Idea.Rubbish! Does not make any meaning.

Rhymz, you cant use one crappy movie to brand her career undecided
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 07, 2009
!amebo no1:

i beg to differ, omotola only started acting rubbish films of late, the girl's got talent abeg

Being a good actress is different from being a good manager. Omotola should fire hers please or at least use her common sense.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 07, 2009
michelin89:

Being a good actress is different from being a good manager. Omotola should fire hers please or at least use her common sense.
What does her manager has to do with anything?

You dont get it do you? Actresses are willing to act in any movie if the producers/directors are willing to pay.

The problem starts with the producers, then with the actors. If her acting is good, then you know where the problem lies. And her acting [i]is [/i]good.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 5:24am On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Don't you think real "acting" helps with the quality of Nollywod?

If we can delete actors like Van Vicker,  Nadia  and Jim Iyke, and add them with more Omotola, Gene, and other good actors, then Nollywood will upgrade.

From there, we can tell with the directors and producers.

On a serious note. You have touched the heart of what kills Nollywood. The contribution of actors to the success of the industry cannot be overstated. But the problem with Nollywood (if it is a problem) is not that Jim Iyke, Vicker, Nadia etc are bad actors. No. I think the problem has to do with the economy  casting where we begin to associate specific actors with specific roles to the point where they become character types in spite of their talents. remember the overplayed Ramsey Nouah/Genny romance typecasting; Nkiru's crying; Ohamenze's ritualizing; Stella Damsus widowed agony etc etc.

This is what has made some of the actors appear so one dimensional. there are some two actors whose names I cannot recall who are condemned to playing the role of hired assassins or private body guards. It kills talent. If for example, you watch Jim Iyke's recent teaming up with Tchikere in  the movie Fighting over Nothing" which cast him in a role we usually don't associate him with, you will begin to appreciate the depth of talent and character that he has.

This places the blame squarely on script writing and production and the actors may have little say about these.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 5:25am On Dec 07, 2009
Her acting is quie good, omotola acts well
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by 0hsisi: 5:26am On Dec 07, 2009
I like her.
I wish I could see her in less trashy,area girl-like roles.I have only seen very few of her films and haven't seen her in any classy role.
Na only female agbero she sabi?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:27am On Dec 07, 2009
i just realized something.
VAN, AND NADIA ARE KILLING NOLLYWOOD!!
they both suck asss as actors and they are in a lot of nollywood movies.
LET THEM GO BACK TO GHANA WITH THEIR RUBBISH ACTING!!
NONSENSE  angry
all for the sake of looks. HM!
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 07, 2009
naliakar:

On a serious note. You have touched the heart of what kills Nollywood. The contribution of actors to the success of the industry cannot be overstated. But the problem with Nollywood (if it is a problem) is not that Jim Iyke, Vicker, Nadia etc are bad actors. No. I think the problem has to do with the economy  casting where we begin to associate specific actors with specific roles to the point where they become character types in spite of their talents. remember the overplayed Ramsey Nouah/Genny romance typecasting; Nkiru's crying; Ohamenze's ritualizing; Stella Damsus widowed agony etc etc.

This is what has made some of the actors appear so one dimensional. there are some two actors whose names I cannot recall who are condemned to playing the role of hired assassins or private body guards. It kills talent. If for example, you watch Jim Iyke's recent teaming up with Tchikere in  the movie Fighting over Nothing" which cast him in a role we usually don't associate him with, you will begin to appreciate the depth of talent and character that he has.

This places the blame squarely on script writing and production and the actors may have little say about these.

Very true. . . . enough with the bad plot, bad storyline, same people for every movie. . . .its annoying.

And if we can try to eliminate the fake accents and unnecessary emotions like excess screaming and crying.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:29am On Dec 07, 2009
naliakar:

they have every right to turn down a script.
no one is forcing them to act in the same monotonous roles.
if they want to display their "REAL TALENT" they will not accept such roles ALL THE TIME.
the actors are to blame on this one.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 5:30am On Dec 07, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i just realized something.
VAN, AND NADIA ARE KILLING NOLLYWOOD!!
they both suck asss as actresses and they are in a lot of nollywood movies.
LET THEM GO BACK TO GHANA WITH THEIR RUBBISH ACTING!!
NONSENSE  angry
all for the sake of looks. HM!

i'd rather that fake idiot called majid leaves, van is a little better

you talked about nollywood producers taking the credit,and i ask again , throw the first stone if you go for films because of the producers and not the actors or actresses involved
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 07, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

they have every right to turn down a script.
no one is forcing them to act in the same monotonous roles.
if they want to display their "REAL TALENT" they will not accept such roles ALL THE TIME.
the actors are to blame on this one.
Sometimes they dont. esp when they're in a contract.

But many do have a choice. . . . but money speaks, you knw
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by rhymz(m): 5:31am On Dec 07, 2009
Omotola has always done crappy stuff and at best average materials but many didn't realise it until the likes of Jeny and Stephanie started taking it to another level by doing movies that were not just the normal nollyshyt,they started collaborating with production outfits outta Naija thus we had them giving us the real shyt.Go check Jeny in 360 degrees or Steph in her new movie which at the moment is a best seller.Even Dakore can boast of better movies with better productions than Omotola abi na their command of grammar,Omo does not even come close, what's all the brouhaha about just an average Omotola.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 5:33am On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Ehrrrm I'm not trying to change your mind, but if you can remember, it'd help to name her movies that you think were crappy.

Rhymz, you cant use one crappy movie to brand her career undecided

There are roles I would not have advised her to take considering the transformation required to fit in (her age). where she teemed up with Genny in "Sweet Sisters" where she plays the wayward daughter would have been better if they swapped roles with Genny.

Similarly in "Reckless Heart" She was to big (age) for her role and in actual fact she was cast as a daughter to a visibly younger woman.

Beyonce and Rihana was a big joke and amateurish and The last celebrity salvaged her a bit although it wasn't the best.

But on the flip side, her teaming up with RMD is "soul provider' reveals the depth of talent in that lady.

her movies about Liberia, with Uche Jombe and Duru did not give her enough character meat other than the background circumstance to the action. It could have done with a lot more movement of character.

Sure Omo has her worst moments, like all of them.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

What does her manager has to do with anything?

You dont get it do you? Actresses are willing to act in any movie if the producers/directors are willing to pay.

The problem starts with the producers, then with the actors. If her acting is good, then you know where the problem lies. And her acting [i]is [/i]good.

You are not getting my drift. Whether actress can act or not, if she acts a crappy movie, the quality will still remain low. So I don't see how Omotola or any other actor improved the quality of the industry if their only preoccupation was to make money.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 07, 2009
michelin89:

You are not getting my drift. Whether actress can act or not, if she acts a crappy movie, the quality will still remain low. So I don't see how Omotola or any other actor improved the quality of the industry if their only preoccupation was to make money.

you're right am not getting your drift.

naliakar:

There are roles I would not have advised her to take considering the transformation required to fit in (her age). where she teemed up with Genny in "Sweet Sisters" where she plays the wayward daughter would have been better if they swapped roles with Genny.

Similarly in "Reckless Heart" She was to big (age) for her role and in actual fact she was cast as a daughter to a visibly younger woman.

Beyonce and Rihana was a big joke and amateurish and The last celebrity salvaged her a bit although it wasn't the best.

But on the flip side, her teaming up with RMD is "soul provider' reveals the depth of talent in that lady.

her movies about Liberia, with Uche Jombe and Duru did not give her enough character meat other than the background circumstance to the action. It could have done with a lot more movement of character.

Sure Omo has her worst moments, like all of them.

Ever watched BLOOD SISTERS?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:48am On Dec 07, 2009
BLOOD SISTERS!!!
yesss own that movie, and love it.
havent watched it in a while though.
genny as a blind pesin, she was good.
ill admit, when i first watched that movie i was young. that part at the end when she was hanging gave me nightmares, i couldnt sleep if the lights werent on.  embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nobody Will Believe That This Lady Is A Man(transgender / Stunning Photos Of Abidivabroni, Mother Of 4 Who Is Sexiest Ghanaian Lady / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.