Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji (9934 Views)

Ali Baba Comes For Amber Rose For Mocking Mr Ibu, Compares Her To Oprah Winfrey / Stop Comparing Me To Dagrin- Olamide Cries Out To Fans / Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by chrisobas(m): 12:23am On Mar 30, 2011
Beautiful Nollywood actress and Nigerian megastar, Genevieve Nnaji,  in a chat with CNN, told of how happy she was that American TV show host, Oprah Winfrey, called her the African Julia Roberts.

The actress come model, who gets more beautiful with age, also spoke of Nollywood, being a celebrity, and her love for Lagos and Nigeria as a whole.
This lady is got it! Abi no be so?

http://naija2geda..com/2011/03/thanks-to-oprah-for-comparing-me-to.html
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by mamagee3(f): 1:37am On Mar 30, 2011
Good for her!
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by 9jageek: 3:23am On Mar 30, 2011
She is truly Africa's Julia Roberts, No doubt about it
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by spikedcylinder: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by afolayanto(m): 10:22am On Mar 30, 2011
who else wants to compete with her, Ride on gal
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On Mar 30, 2011
How can she be someone else. She's Genevieve Nnaji. Nigeria's only Genevieve.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by nanidee(f): 10:33am On Mar 30, 2011
afam4eva:

How can she be someone else. She's Genevieve Nnaji. Nigeria's only Genevieve.

Thank you jare.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by tegax(m): 10:41am On Mar 30, 2011
and a skinny bush baby tongue
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by sayso: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2011
There is nothing like Julia Robert of Africa,what nonsense is that.Genevieve Nnaji is Genevieve Nnaji,Julia Roberts is Julia Roberts.Oprah you must be mad to make that statement.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by tegax(m): 10:43am On Mar 30, 2011
and a skinny bush baby tongue
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by timmygalva(m): 11:01am On Mar 30, 2011
i dn't even knw who dose americians thk dey are, dey also wnt us to b behind dem. G.N is G.N, i dn't knw why she is even hapi 4 dat statement
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by ijawgirl: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2011
Yup! Genevieve, my fave actress!
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by babaowo: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2011
Try to be yourself nnaji, you don't know what your destiny gonna be in future .
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by burkutu: 11:16am On Mar 30, 2011
Nna,d babe fyn pass julia ojare.but her actin na any mata.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by medoski(m): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2011
Oh! Jenny please can I kiss your ass? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Freesia(f): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2011
I know Oprah means well by saying that smiley but we all know our lovely Genny is no carbon copy of someone else
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by pastorkingsleye(m): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2011
I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG COMPARING GENEVIEVE TO JULIA, U CAN ONLY STAND ON THE SHOULDERS OF THOSE THAT ARE AHEAD OF YOU! IN LIFE TO ATTAIN EXCELLENCE YOU WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW THE STEPS OF THE FATHERS. I APPRECIATE GENE SO MUCH BECOS SHE IS WALKING THRU A PROFITABLE PATH OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT!
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Fidelo726: 11:50am On Mar 30, 2011
Saying GN is the JR of Nollywood is only figureative.
We know whom JR is and how moch she has contributed to Holywood.
We equally know her rating in the movie industry.
So, the statement is only telling us how GN has been rated even in the US.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by suxes2005(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2011
Fidelo726:

Saying GN is the JR of Nollywood is only figureative.
We know whom JR is and how moch she has contributed to Holywood.
We equally know her rating in the movie industry.
So, the statement is only telling us how GN has been rated even in the US.

I agree with you jare, JR ko JR ni, Genny is Genny
and she's one of 9ja's best why cant they compere their's
with ours?

SHALOM
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by 190: 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
who is this genevive nnamadi angry angry
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by DeepSoul(f): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^ That thing you smoke, it must be really strong. . .
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by ifyalways(f): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
2 Threads with Gen's name on the front-page.
Seun must be seriously napping on Missy B's  laps.  cheesy
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by blackmann(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
they'll never say julia roberts is America's Genaviene NNaji, it's always the other way round. Genavieve NNaji is Genavieve nnaji, period.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by DeepSoul(f): 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
All of you making noise sef, na inferiority complex dey worry una.

Calling Genevieve Africa's Julia Roberts is a compliment.

C'mon, Julia Roberts is one of the most successful actresses of all time in the world. Oprah was just being figurative.

No1 is trying to compare both. She's just letting the world know how much potential Genevieve has got! Shikena!
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by wewe1(m): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
Deep Soul:

All of you making noise sef, na inferiority complex dey worry una.

Calling Genevieve Africa's Julia Roberts is a compliment.

C'mon, Julia Roberts is one of the most successful actresses of all time in the world. Oprah was just being figurative.

No1 is trying to compare both. She's just letting the world know how much potential Genevieve has got! Shikena!

na una know. , julia genevie nnaji robert or not, the fact still remains that she is happy about it. period.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Orikinla(m): 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2011
Hmm.

Nigerians love flattery like sugar and they also love deceiving themselves.

Julia Roberts of Africa and gets beaten in the most credible movie awards in Africa from AMAA to FESPACO.

These Nigerians amuse me a lot.

Intellectual ignorance is a common mental affliction of most Nigerians.

HELLO! WAKE UP AND FACE THE REALITY OF THE WORLD.

NOLLYWOOD IS OFTEN USED AS A CASE STUDY OF HOW NOT TO MAKE A MOVIE IN MANY MAJOR FILM WORKSHOPS IN SOUTH AFRICA, AMERICA AND THE UK.

GO AND SEE VIVA RIVA AND SEE THE STARK REALITY OF THE MEDIOCRITY OF NOLLYWOOD VIDEOS AND REAL FILMS.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Fidelo726: 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2011
Orikinla:

Hmm.

Nigerians love flattery like sugar and they also love deceiving themselves.

Julia Roberts of Africa and gets beaten in the most credible movie awards in Africa from AMAA to FESPACO.

These Nigerians amuse me a lot.

Intellectual ignorance is a common mental affliction of most Nigerians.

HELLO! WAKE UP AND FACE THE REALITY OF THE WORLD.

NOLLYWOOD IS OFTEN USED AS A CASE STUDY OF HOW NOT TO MAKE A MOVIE IN MANY MAJOR FILM WORKSHOPS IN SOUTH AFRICA, AMERICA AND THE UK.

GO AND SEE VIVA RIVA AND SEE THE STARK REALITY OF THE MEDIOCRITY OF NOLLYWOOD VIDEOS AND REAL FILMS.

You can spew what we like, Nollywood is still one of the best in Africa and comparable to Bollywood.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by londoner: 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
@orikinla, it was Oprah who termed Gen Africa's Julia Roberts.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by naijasing(f): 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
she is good. kudos girl
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by ceasyc(f): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2011
@topic
[size=14pt]mayb d cnn thingy but aint this old tho? how come its on d front page?
i read dis ages ago on another thread on nl

anyhoo WHATEVER[/size]
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by blackmale(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
for opral to have compared genny with julia robert is just telling her how far she has gone with her carrier,is just a compliment nothing more.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by mickey2000(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
even d'banj called himself Africa Michael Jackson

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funmi Iyanda Covers Issue 3 Of Mania Magazine - Rate The Photo / PHOTOS: Powerful Leaders and celebrities in Illuminati Flaunting Their signs / Teenage Girl Post Half Naked Pictures Of Herself Online (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.