Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped (19852 Views)

How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo) / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy / This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by bigtt76(f): 8:57am On Feb 10, 2017
Did you root it using Kingroot? If yes that may be the cause. I face similar issues too. I will soon format and re-install the ROM undecided

egbusi1:
Exactly, My tecno s9 tab exihibited also these signs before i dumped it. The most frustrating part is data. my 2G data lasted just 2 day max. i did not know that the phone was tapped untill i read this. thumps up OP.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Flow23(m): 9:05am On Feb 10, 2017
How do you get your phone "untapped"?
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by OMEGA009(m): 9:08am On Feb 10, 2017
Flow23:
How do you get your phone "untapped"?

Dial ##21# every 12 hours to clear all software hacks on your phone. You can thank me later.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by egbusi1(m): 9:12am On Feb 10, 2017
bigtt76:
Did you root it using Kingroot? If yes that may be the cause. I face similar issues too. I will soon format and re-install the ROM undecided

No my guy said that it might crash totally if i tried rooting it.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by bigtt76(f): 9:14am On Feb 10, 2017
Ok. I had rooted mine and increased the ROM size only for me to start seeing funny apps installed and despite removing them they come back on.

egbusi1:
No my guy said that it might crash totally if i tried rooting it.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Collyno82(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2017
chumakk:
You watch too much TV. Nobody taps phone in Nigeria
Stop y are u in the business of saying what u don't know
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by 2016v2017: 10:17am On Feb 10, 2017
Revolva:
Almost everyone is using a smartphone in Nigeria. What many of these smartphone users don't know is whether their phones are being tapped or not. If you don't know, there are a number of reasons your phone can be tracked. One reason is when you are in a relationship where there is a clear absence of trust. Then your partner may result to tapping or bugging your phone. Besides that, a government agency may bug your phone just to listen to your conversation. In this case, it is for security reasons. Whatever the case may be, it is key to know if your smartphone has been bugged. i gather 5 ways to tell.

Your phone takes time to shut down

If your phone takes forever to shut down, it may be a pointer that your phone has been compromised. You will notice that when your phone eventually goes off, the backlight will still be on. This may likely means that your phone is in control of whoever has bugged it. So, whether you switch off or not, it will be difficult get rid of them.

Increased data usage

It will definitely be difficult for a smartphone without internet connection to be tapped. You may surf your phone every second daily but you already know that you cannot exhaust your data at a go. Thankfully most phones will alert you if you are using too much data. But if the data traffic is unusually high, and your phone keeps alerting you, you should be concerned.

You find apps you didn't download

There are thousands of useful apps that you can download in either the Google Playstore or Apple's store. These are largely safe. In other circumstances, you may find an app you didn't download which finds its way to your phone. It is one of the coy ways to bug your phone.You try as much as possible not to open this app.

Low battery life

A battery is the heart of any of phone. A phone cannot function without a battery. If your battery runs out not long after charging it or it is very hot, it may be a sign that something is amidst. You should take note of this because the process of tapping your phone can easily drain your battery.

You receive unusual text messages

You may receive a random text message from an unfamiliar source and many of us tend to ignore it. These messages which you may ignore, arguably, means that someone is monitoring (or about to start) your messages or phone. You should delete the message immediately you notice it.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by medexico(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2017
What I wanna know is how to avoid being tapped.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by tolulope855(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2017
Please o, can someone's phone be tapped without access to that particular phone? I mean, can a phone be tapped remotely?? Response please
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by bamirotola: 11:40am On Feb 10, 2017
Blurryface:

Dude, Wake Up.

My Girlfriend Was So Possessive And Insecure That She Tapped My Phone.

She Received All My Message From Whatsapp To Instamessage, Bank Alerts, She Eavesdropped On My Calls, Monitored My Locations And All That.

I Knew It But Didn't Do Jack About It Because I Wanted Her To Satisfy Her Curisity Till She Became The Cat.
I will like to hire your gf .. tell her to call me
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by paix(m): 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
nastykid:
I just did a research on this yesterday ...
So, what are your findings?
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by paix(m): 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Blurryface:

Dude, Wake Up.

My Girlfriend Was So Possessive And Insecure That She Tapped My Phone.

She Received All My Message From Whatsapp To Instamessage, Bank Alerts, She Eavesdropped On My Calls, Monitored My Locations And All That.

I Knew It But Didn't Do Jack About It Because I Wanted Her To Satisfy Her Curiosity Till She Became The Cat.
Are you sure this cat doesn't have 9 lives?
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by sweetilicious(f): 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
I used to experience all 5.But now,battery drain is now there
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by bamasite(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
caesaraba:
Jan bless me torchlight phone.
your signature is so true!
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by caesaraba(m): 11:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
bamasite:

your signature is so true!

Unfortunately yes.
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by Shadedtee: 9:00am On Jul 20, 2017
Wow! My camon c9 does this, I thought I got the fake one cos my sister's own don't show backlight after being switched off but mine does. That means someone tapped my phone
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by project56: 9:03am On Jul 20, 2017
I got pop up on my chrome with my number 08100898765..does that mean am been taped
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by project56: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2017
Gbemini:
Nice 1,but I don't care if anybody tapped my phone or not and I dey call to abuse buhari everyday so I dey expect DSS.
lol
Re: 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped by kogbaski99: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Why won't the wicked allow person enjoy him phone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December / I Need Driver Software For Mt6225 Chinese Phone / Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.