Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos (40177 Views)

These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) / The Interiors Of The New Lagos Danfo Buses (Photos) / BRT Buses Are The New Molues (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Naughtytboy: 2:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
Can't Buhari take a clue from this governor? The man is working tirelessly
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by jarkbauer: 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

They shouldn't be banned they will just die out.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Larrykaysail(m): 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
Afam4eva:
Uber is not more expensive than the regular taxis in my opinion.
but is comfortable, safe and pick u up from where u are standing, am sur Lyft will soon come to Nigeria is just like Uber but is cheaper
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by madjune(m): 2:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Nothing will change unless all touts and conductors go to school,
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by bsideboii(m): 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2017
its d hard truth. Those buses,agberos and conductors need to go.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by AmaechiLinus(m): 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
High rate of crime is a Focal point.

Ambode should change mind.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Mboi: 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hope all of you are enjoying the change you voted for? When people oriented politicians come to contest, they will say he's not core Yoruba,he's not in APC, he has strong alliance with Igbos etc. Someone else is about to rake in billions of naira to his pocket alone with this useless thing in the name of making Lagos a mega city at the expense of the poor man on the street and still those poor people will keep calling them "Baba", bowing for them and keep suffering. Is this not slavery? If you want to make Lagos a mega city, 24/7 power supply must be your target or are mega cities in other countries not having steady power supply?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Jaabioro(m): 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
freeborn76:
Major cities in the world do not use rickety buses like what we use in Lagos; truth be told, we accept all kinds of nonsense in this country. The buses should go...I recall when the gradual phasing out of molue started, people made same comments, is Lagos and Lagosians not better off today without that death trap called bus? Danfo should go or the drivers should apply to drive the new buses...
Yes I agreed with you but it have to be gradual process.. can new bus take mama alata from ketu mile 12 to isolo, there many things in which has been come an habitual transport in which the new bus can. not key into immediately, it has to be phase by phase.. not at a swipe.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by palsenator(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2017
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by bareal(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
kolnel:

All those Touts, oluomo mc and his cronies will go broke

And they will go berserk, increasing the already increased crime rates unless they create a special hole for them, keep them permanently.

BTW, op that part you jumped down like vin Diesel cracked me up.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Stonerobaba(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
I hope he would have made all the roads in Lagos motorable before embarking on this scheme. No be only Lagos island be Lagos.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by chuberg(m): 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mboi:
Hope all of you are enjoying the change you voted for? When people oriented politicians come to contest, they will say he's not core Yoruba,he's not in APC, he has strong alliance with Igbos etc. Someone else is about to rake in billions of naira to his pocket alone with this useless thing in the name of making Lagos a mega city at the expense of the poor man on the street and still those poor people will keep calling them "Baba", bowing for them and keep suffering. Is this not slavery? If you want to make Lagos a mega city, 24/7 power supply must be your target or are mega cities in other countries not having steady power supply?

You have a point there,but Lagos will change and that is Part of the change we all voted for wink
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by bareal(m): 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
Tazmode:
6. No more "lapping"
7. No conductor to argue with over your balance
8. No conductor to negotiate with when your money ain't enough
9. No more driver that'll be brave enough to take one way and beat traffic
10. We will surely miss the yellow and black colours
We will ultimately miss the joining together, illegal marriage.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Godsate: 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ignorance. OP, it will provide more jobs.

Will the new buses drive itself ?

What is going to happen will just be like the replacement of Molue with Lagbus.

It will make our city better with well informed and well behave drivers and ticketers.

It will remove agbero from both the major and minor bus stop.

This is a welcome developement.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
The white colour of the new bus will turn to another colourful with different scratches and bashing. Only time will tell
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by bjbukzy(m): 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
autojosh:

Reduced Accident
Danfo has been maiming and killing Lagosians since…

So much recklessness and oversabi. I even entered one with a bad throttle cable recently.. You won’t believe that the conductor went to sit in the boot controlling the throttle with his hand. The driver was even shouting at the conductor “tena si, tena si” (move faster, move faster).. See me jumping down like Vin Diesel.
lmao! na ojuelegba,yaba,ebute meta buses dy do like dt
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by 9ja4show: 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
Afam4eva:

Uber is cheaper that those hello taxis, try it ......one baba was charging 5k from Vi to ikeja , when I used uber with nice car, a.c for 3,500naira
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by bjbukzy(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
bareal:

We will ultimately miss the joining together, illegal marriage.
i actually know a guy dt met his fiance thru dis illegal marriage.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by eshiko: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
No more Danfo Driver song.....
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by sirusX(m): 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
All states have their official colors which is easily identifiable...so i'd definitely miss the song that goes
Black and yellow
Black and yellow
Black and yellow
Black and yellow
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
kolnel:

All those Touts, oluomo mc and his cronies will go broke
no they wont go broke, just double the buglary proof wey dey ur house cos they will all turn armed robber over night
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Goahead(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
Those millions of volkswagen are to be used for scraps, right?
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by sirusX(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
Drivers that usually follow inside streets to beat holdup would be a thing of the past...cz the new guyz go follow protocol to the letter cz they have an Oga @ the top

Also, no more dropping on the way before a bus stop...na to reach bus stop kon trek back to where u suppose go

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by sirusX(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
No more shouting from conductors for destinations...as they would now be displayed by LED's like the BRT, just above the windscreen
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by youngfocus(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2017
autojosh:
Many Lagosians are surprised to hear Danfo buses will be phased out. This has made headline in the last few days with photos of the new replacement buses trending online.

Many are scared that the eradication will have an adverse effect on their day to day commute..

We will like to here your opinion. Tell us the effect this will have on you as well as the society.

Let’s start with these 5 points while you add yours..

High Rate of Unemployment
One Danfo bus puts food on several tables.. The driver, conductor, the mech, Agbero, NURTW Executives/Chairman etc.. even the Men In Black sef. Closing that door will render many of these guys jobless.

High Rate Of Crime
I am sure you know the next best job for these guys… (Hooliganism). However, a gradual change that also provides alternative jobs for the affected may mitigate crime rate.

Increase in Transportation Fare
Same way Uber is usually more expensive than that 1985 VW Passat “Kabu Kabu“. These new buses will be more expensive except they are heavily subsidised as promised by the Lagos State Government.

Reduced Accident
Danfo has been maiming and killing Lagosians since…

So much recklessness and oversabi. I even entered one with a bad throttle cable recently.. You won’t believe that the conductor went to sit in the boot controlling the throttle with his hand. The driver was even shouting at the conductor “tena si, tena si” (move faster, move faster).. See me jumping down like Vin Diesel.

Lagos Roads will Become Dull

Whether it is good or bad, these bus drivers can light up your day.

4 conductors can want to drag you into their bus at the same time, some that don’t have change will merge you with another passenger you don’t know from Adam. They will sha create one thing that will make you argue. Sometimes, they crack you up.

Add yours in the comment section..

https://autojosh.com/danfo-buses-are-phased-out/

lol so I don enter bus wit nairalander, I remember dat day wey we av two driver one dey for back dey throttle am y d driver dey control,dat dey I just dey pray say make God forgv me Oóo if I dnt commit in 1 way or d other,in case any jam,BT I tank God for save journey oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
lagos should be a country on its own, nigeria is a failed state

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by sirusX(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
autojosh:
High Rate of Unemployment
One Danfo bus puts food on several tables.. The driver, conductor, the mech, Agbero, NURTW Executives/Chairman etc.. even the Men In Black sef. Closing that door will render many of these guys jobless.

High Rate Of Crime
I am sure you know the next best job for these guys… (Hooliganism). However, a gradual change that also provides alternative jobs for the affected may mitigate crime rate.
While i'm not a fan of the wahala that comes with the Agberos at bus stop each day...now the boys in black, FRSC and VIO would never be able to stop any of the new buses, and finally take their frustration upon the remaining road users
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Laple0541(m): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
I don't know the reason behind such pronouncements by the Lagos State Govt, they should have allowed it to fade off naturally rather than creating unnecessary panic.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by dekunleJ: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
Danfo driver's drivers and Agbero are the salt of Lagos. they make Lagos more sweet
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Ahmed4002(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
Afam4eva:

Uber I way expensive in Nigeria.
Don't kno why the case of different.
I have use uber in other country. Even with the high exchange rate. The max I h paid after t conversion to Naira is 700 Naira for a journey over 20KM. If only am alone. With my friends making it 4 pax. Highest to pay is 200naira
This is a country that their pump price is even higher than ours.

I was like checking from airport to festac..the charge am seeing is about 3-4k.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Sewage Truck Falls In Asaba (Photos) / Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.