Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,882 members, 7,956,327 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos (40179 Views)

These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) / The Interiors Of The New Lagos Danfo Buses (Photos) / BRT Buses Are The New Molues (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by fakati(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
The Lagos govt should absorb the danfo guys as alternative because you can't just lay them off without an alternative.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by infogenius(m): 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
I am seriously bothered by the social insecurity that will be created through lack of employment resulting in high crime rate.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by coolestofall(m): 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
Phunkyposh:
only if Buhari can work the way Ambode does
But i'm not seeing any work.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Donbabajay12(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
You won’t believe that the conductor went to sit in the boot controlling the throttle with his hand.The driver was even shouting at the conductor “tena si, tena si” (move faster, move faster).. See me jumping down like Vin Diesel

[/quote]
grin grin
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Emekayoung(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ellixlimswag:
badbriddancebadrubbish
Is dat an English sentence or wat? Wat does that mean?
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Donbabajay12(m): 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
You won’t believe that the conductor went to sit in the boot controlling the throttle with his hand. The driver was even shouting at the conductor “tena si, tena si”(move faster, move faster)..See me jumping down like Vin Diesel
[quote]
grin grin
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by emsco(m): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
remzor:
I pity those market women... d ones I see at mile12... how will these ones transport dia goods to dia destinations. No more; Mama: conductor, eba mi gbe ooo... conductor: mama 2fibre lowoyin o lol... May God help us in this country
i agree with you on this

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by apadious1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
Out Now !!! ... OK this one comes with a Lil treat ... Starts today and ends tomorrow evening ... I want us boast the download ... Here is the treat ... Get to Instagram if you ain't following me yet then hit the follow button ... Share a video of you singing any part of the song you like and then tag me to repost and you would get a recharge card based on your network ..http://tooxclusive.com/download-mp3/mjeez-asanwa/ (mjeezofficial)
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by LLSAINT(m): 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
Bone that thing. Thats how people almost quenched when they wanted to introduce it in Abuja. Here we are, almost 4yrs, we still dey cope.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
autojosh:
You won’t believe that the conductor went to sit in the boot controlling the throttle with his hand. The driver was even shouting at the conductor “tena si, tena si” (move faster, move faster).. See me jumping down like Vin Diesel.
LMAO!

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by kokomilala(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
I wonder what era the poster of this thread lives in?For a start, these old-fashioned, wornout and body-damaging vehicles are misnomers.They are not a suitable means of transportation.I doubt whether, even in their original state-with all the interiors and everything that came with them-were ever deployed as a mean of transportation in Europe or North America in the last 70 years.
Drivers of these Danfo buses shouldn't despair, as it's very likely that the government will engage them.
To observers and Lagosiains alike, this cup shouldn't be seen as half empty, but as half full.It's a courageous step to correct the crude,disorderly and at times, desperate culture of transportation in Lagos.
Transportation is serious business! And as such, it should be run professionally and efficiently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Ncsamuel(m): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
Unemployment or no employment, that is the govt resposibility, crime? thats also the govt responsibility...... Danfo drivers are not entertainers who makes ones day. Me personally i want lagos to be de centralized, 18 million ppl surviving on a piece of land that can only contain 5million! Has now resulted to creation of slums and high standard of living. The govt shuld send most ppl back to their states by creating equal opportunities as they do in lagos
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Saintp(m): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
I think Ambode means well. However, these buses will become rickety in few years, they don't seem strong to withstand the kind of pressure they will face. The problem with Lagos is over population with little urban infrastructure. For Lagos to enjoy we need to have 3 or more "lagoses" in Nigeria to lift the pressure off the interesting city. If Lagos was a human being, he would have been crying for help with all sorts of things being thrown at it. E no easy

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by me69: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
autojosh:
Many Lagosians are surprised to hear Danfo buses will be phased out. This has made headline in the last few days with photos of the new replacement buses trending online.

Many are scared that the eradication will have an adverse effect on their day to day commute..

We will like to here your opinion. Tell us the effect this will have on you as well as the society.

Let’s start with these 5 points while you add yours..

High Rate of Unemployment
One Danfo bus puts food on several tables.. The driver, conductor, the mech, Agbero, NURTW Executives/Chairman etc.. even the Men In Black sef. Closing that door will render many of these guys jobless.

High Rate Of Crime
I am sure you know the next best job for these guys… (Hooliganism). However, a gradual change that also provides alternative jobs for the affected may mitigate crime rate.

Increase in Transportation Fare
Same way Uber is usually more expensive than that 1985 VW Passat “Kabu Kabu“. These new buses will be more expensive except they are heavily subsidised as promised by the Lagos State Government.

Reduced Accident
Danfo has been maiming and killing Lagosians since…

So much recklessness and oversabi. I even entered one with a bad throttle cable recently.. You won’t believe that the conductor went to sit in the boot controlling the throttle with his hand. The driver was even shouting at the conductor “tena si, tena si” (move faster, move faster).. See me jumping down like Vin Diesel.

Lagos Roads will Become Dull

Whether it is good or bad, these bus drivers can light up your day.

4 conductors can want to drag you into their bus at the same time, some that don’t have change will merge you with another passenger you don’t know from Adam. They will sha create one thing that will make you argue. Sometimes, they crack you up.

Add yours in the comment section..

https://autojosh.com/danfo-buses-are-phased-out/

The owners of danfo manke a lot of profit but won't upgrade their buses for safety and consumer conveniance. The government has to make sure the cost is kept in check though
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by kings09(m): 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
And no more gang fights @ garages n parks
kolnel:

All those Touts, oluomo mc and his cronies will go broke
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Akinlady(f): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
Won't miss them. Abner can carry load for those mile 12 women. They will place it in the Brt bus. Abeg those yellow buses are so reckless. Then anyone without legal means of working will go back to his villa o. Agbero go reduce
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Fact007(m): 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
No more one chance
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by ezugegere(m): 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
LET ME TELL U; IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE DANFO FROM LAGOS ROADS. IMPOSSIBLE!!
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by LoveJesus87(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
olaezebala:
ma car will be scratch free
Abi o cheesy grin
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by smithjacobs(m): 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hmmmm welcome to new lagos
#itesiwajueko [color=#006600][/color]
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by tutorago: 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
Tazmode:
6. No more "lapping"

7. No conductor to argue with over your balance

8. No conductor to negotiate with when your money ain't enough

9. No more driver that'll be brave enough to take one way and beat traffic

10. We will surely miss the yellow and black colours

You have good reasons over there.

Keep it up.

######################################################
Are you a private home tutor or you need the service of a private home tutor?

We are home tuition broker.

kindly send a mail to info@tutorago.com or register at https://tutorago.com
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by bigskab(m): 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
Danfo buses is one of the things I like about lagos becos wit little money u can travel far if u understand the language of d conductors
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Holorunloseyi(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
So lagos will lose part of her identity Yellow and black on the road
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by stevejomo(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
Phasing out Danfo Buses is long overdue.
Unemployment won't be much of a problem because the new buses are not self-driving cars.
What we will see will be a more professional public transport system which one can boast of even if you are one of the drivers.
Lagos is indeed another country in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by donolatunji(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
kolnel:

All those Touts, oluomo mc and his cronies will go broke
Kolewerk Cus Thats The Last Thing That Can Never Happen To Them.
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Theorytor: 9:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
As far as lagos is concerned, we have so many illetrate who migrated from there various villages just to com go lagos to survive. Those illetrates have added nothing to the progress of our great nation, all they do is sit at the bstop, drink agbo jedi, f**k witout condom and impregnate local breeds like dem who have no plans for the future. I wonder why our population keep skyrocketing wen we all know there isnt any plan for dis offspring. We need to send so many ppl back to dere various villages. Like if u tink i make small sense. Smile

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by daveP(m): 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
So conductors would now be jobless. We know their calibre sincere. Ambode must do something for them

Crazy and uplifting guys at times
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by princeakins(m): 4:34am On Feb 11, 2017
Funbii:
I don't think lagos is ready for this yet, trust me wiping out the yellow bus will be a huge disaster... Haven't these guys suffered enough, nawa oh

We are READY cheesy All I can advice is our able gov should absorb some of d danfo drivers, give them professional training n employ them. By doing dz, crime rate n unemployment will be reduced.

Btw

Coolest dp. Added to ur likes wink
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by AlphaStar: 5:31am On Feb 11, 2017
casttlebarbz:
yeah, u right...

am sure this post will hit FP...your posts no dey miss FP

**i know it wil hit FP

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 11, 2017
freeborn76:
Major cities in the world do not use rickety buses like what we use in Lagos; truth be told, we accept all kinds of nonsense in this country. The buses should go...I recall when the gradual phasing out of molue started, people made same comments, is Lagos and Lagosians not better off today without that death trap called bus? Danfo should go or the drivers should apply to drive the new buses...
yes .this upgrade is good . the new buses will be efficient
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by TinaAnita(f): 9:12am On Feb 11, 2017
I don't know whether to support or kick against it as I'm yet to understand the pros and cons of the planned development.. I hope one's movement won't be restricted if danfos are off the roads. I just hope one wouldn't pay more for transport. I just hope we won't miss danfos. Ambode should weigh his decision once again
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by rafcrown(m): 11:01am On Feb 11, 2017
The new TATA BUSES are not all that rugged for Lagos roads so DURABILITY is at stake.
WHAT will happen to the DANFO BUSES,DRIVERS AND OWNERS ?
How will the citizens be involved or is it for the government alone?
WHY TATA BUSES? CORRUPTION?
WHAT OF THE TOUTS/GARAGE Boys?
Use the opportunity to eradicate AGBEROS.touting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Sewage Truck Falls In Asaba (Photos) / Air Peace Promotes Saheed Amodu As Boeing 737 Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.