Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Anyone Promoting MMM Is A SCAMMER: A Story To Learn From - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Anyone Promoting MMM Is A SCAMMER: A Story To Learn From (468 Views)

5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life / MMM Is Not A Bank - The Truth About MMM / MMM Is A Scam, Be Careful.they Ate My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Promoting MMM Is A SCAMMER: A Story To Learn From by MMMscam: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
Once upon a time, some decades ago, I remember walking across the street in a busy market place somewhere in Lagos. I was going home, and as I walking, out of nowhere, some guy bumped into me hard and I was thrown off balance for a few seconds. I didn't suspect anything at first because the guy was apologizing profusely, literally begging like someone begging an assassin to spare his life. Plus, the whole scenario looked accidental from the initial standpoint point of things, so my brain calculated it as a harmless human error and I moved on without suspecting anything. Fast forward, barely three minutes into resuming my walk to the bus stop to board a bus home, I suddenly noticed my pocket felt lighter and free, instead of heavy and tight. So I dip my hand in my pants (or trouser as 9ja dey call am) and, oh, sigh of relief, my personal effects were there but to my dismay, my wallet was gone. I was so perturbed and distraught, like as if 50 years of my life was stolen away in a few seconds. And really, it felt like that because I went through months and a little hell to save up to that kind of money and now it was gone in the blink of an eye, just like that. I was sweating and confused at the same time, like a chicken that escaped from Mr. Biggs kitchen only to discover that I ran inside Barcelós. I stood there for long minutes where I was, talking to myself like a mad man, "This can't be real, someone please wake me up; or maybe this is just one of those Charlie boy show pranks I used to watch on TV and this mofo will still come back with my wallet and tell me to smile for the camera." Reality finally set in about 10 minutes after dragging my feet along the same circumference like an idíot that doesn't know what he wants to do with his life again. It was as if the energy radiating from the scorching sun jump started my brain back to life like a stick-shift car with a dead battery and faulty kickstarter that was pushed to start. Maybe it's every teenager's dream to experience a 5-minutes fame, but here I was experiencing a 5-minutes shock, in the middle of nowhere, unnoticed, ignored by the moving world around me that didn't stop to move because of my calamity - not even for a second. It was like Life just continued without pity, like nothing bad had happened to me; and then I realized I better move along from standing aimlessly before Life forgets I was even standing there.

Slowly, I start moving away, to continue my journey home like a lion returning to its pride from a hunt with nothing, feeling defeated, feeling ashamed, feeling stupíd, feeling angry with myself, feeling vengeful that no one cared, feeling tired and drained, dragging my feet like a worn-out excavator, scratching my shoes on the ground like a sand paper. After walking some distance where the bus stop was a stone throw away, a stranger approaches me and says, I know what happened to you and can help you recover your wallet back. I said, How? He said, I know the hideout of the guy who robbed you, but I can't take you there. I can only take you somewhere close to the place and then I'll go inside to retrieve your wallet while you wait some minutes. Then I'll bring it to you - problem solved. He asked, How much is in it? I said, 30K. Then he said, Ok! I can get it back for you. But it will cost you money. I said, How much? He said, 15K. I said, Forget it. Someone stole my wallet with 30K and instead of you to pity me, you want to collect 15K? No way, can't you see I'm a student, the money is not my own, I'm not a butter boy...blah, blah, blah. I can't use 15K to get it back. That's cheating. I'd rather buy a new wallet and work for another money (for my small mind, i dey talk asif to get moni eazi like chopping bread and beans, but all dat talk na wash, I just wan shakara the guy to cum dan grin). Anyways, we begin to negotiate back and forth like a restless pendulum under experiment by mad scientists. Eventually, we agree a bargain of 5K. Then this area-boy-looking stranger introduced a new clause into our agreement. He said, YOU MUST PAY ME FIRST before I take you there. I was startled a bit, like wtf did I just hear, Pay you before what - ayam nuh understandard u? Hmm, abi nau, this one don pass understanding, na understandard. Anyway, I try to act reasonable, trying to make tiny sense of the foolishness this fool was fooling around with. I said, Wait, em, pay you what exactly? He said, The 5K we agreed on nau. I said, So you expect me to pay you upfront to retrieve my wallet with my money? He said, Of course. I can't take you anywhere except you pay me first. Hmmm, you should have seen the way this guy was talking with confidence, as in serious braggadocios confidence with firm blood-shot eyes like someone that just smoked 500g of ajegunle weed. Unfortunately for him, the blazing heat of the sun had already jumpstarted my brain earlier back to action and it was working like the engine of a turbo-charged 550HP Porsche Cayenne. So, all that agbero-oic melodramatic display of this designer-wearing area boy didn't move me one bit. Instead, i went on the offense. I said, Imagine the rubbish you're telling me. I should first give you 5K to go and bring my wallet with 30K back. And you said you will take me somewhere close to wait while you go and bring it. What's the guarantee that you won't run away? None. Then he said, The guarantee is Trust. You have to trust me. I said, How can i trust you when i don't know you before. He said, I saw the guy who robbed you when he did. I could have ignored but i came to meet you so i can help you. This is why you should trust me. I came to meet you on my own, you don't know me before, but i still came to help you. I said, Ok fair enough. I trust you but you need to trust me too. I have a better idea. He said, What? I said, I'll give you your 5K out of the 30K when you bring my wallet back. The guy was upset, and started vibrating like a midget earthquake, doing something similar to the i-can't-take-it Orubebe election result drama. It was as if the two of us were acting a Nollywood film: stubborn wife and stubborn husband arguing about who ate the last meat inside the pot. But he was obviously the wife in the equation, nagging like a hôrny girl that was locked in the same room with her crush - the kind of guy you call a bîtch nigga. Eventually, it was a stalemate. I told him point blank, if I give you 5K and you take me to one corner somewhere then disappear, that makes it a loss of 35K in cash, instead of the original 30K. You want me to trust you that you'll retrieve the money back but you can't trust me that I'll pay you 5K from the recovered 30K? If you recover it, at least the money is in your hand and you can easily remove the 5K yourself and handover the 25K balance. You hold the leverage. But since you don't agree with this method, then it simply means you have no intention of retrieving any money but just want to steal another 5K from me. Next thing, i started ranting, as in i dey para gan without feargrin saying, So, then you are part of the gang of the thief that stole my wallet. I'm not a fool. Why don't i just have you arrested then you'll take the police to your gang hideout for free... At this point, the guy started backtracking in small steps like a rat sneaking past your kitchen to get back outside your house after it saw a wild cat inside your sitting room. The guy was like, Ok forget it I'm going. I replied, You better go fast before I grab you and shout thief. Mehn, the guy tear race comot like Ben Johnson cheesy.

Anyway, bottom line is this, my 30K got stolen or trapped in a thief's hand. Another thief in his gang pretending to want to help me get out of my problem says he can get me my 30K back if I first give him 5K. And this leads me to the MMM scam. You were scammed of thousands, some millions of naira, now the scammers are telling you if you want your money back, you have to give them another money, give them another thousands of naira. Don't be a fool TWICE! It is said, "Fool me once, shame on you; but fool me twice, then shame on me." These MMM scammers are so desperate, so cunning, so wicked and so deceptive that they are asking people to put in any amount even 3k or 5K etc, so as not to raise alarm or invoke your intelligence. After all 3K is a small amount, right? So your brain might overlook it. But imagine when then collect 3K from 500,000 different stupíd people, that's 1,500,000,000 (1.5 billion naira). Can you see the power of numbers now? Taking little from a lot of people becomes huge. MMM part one came, they won, you lost. Don't fall for MMM part two. Don't be disoriented and hypnotized by stupíd jargons PH, GH, Mavrodi, mavro2016, mavro2017 PO...smh, it's all fuxking bullshît to deceive fools.

MMM is, was and will always be a bloody scam.
Anyone promoting MMM is a lobotomized incorrigible scammer angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Promoting MMM Is A SCAMMER: A Story To Learn From by MMMscam: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
grin
Re: Anyone Promoting MMM Is A SCAMMER: A Story To Learn From by casttlebarbz(m): 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
am sorry, i cant read all that because of Mmm

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Believe How Useless Airtel Network Be During The Day / See The First Woman To Travel To All The Countries In The World – See How Long / Angry Lionel Messi Tells Barcelona To Drop This Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.