Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why Do We Abbreviate The Name Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Abbreviate The Name Of Jesus? (704 Views)

Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? / Be Free From Masturbation In The Name Of Jesus Christ. / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Abbreviate The Name Of Jesus? by room089: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2017
Most times I wonder why we abbreviate the name of Jesus, you see some people write IJN when they tend to write In Jesus Name. Is it that we can't type it in full?

When we type our name we don't abbreviate it. Not to talk of a name that is above every other name, a name that every power bows to, a name that has been given to us for freedom. We must honor God.

I see people instead of typing God bless you, they will type GBU.

I just wonder.

JESUS must be honored.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Abbreviate The Name Of Jesus? by ITbomb(m): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
The problem is that the Son of God never answered to the name Jesus throughout His lifetime on earth as a man
Re: Why Do We Abbreviate The Name Of Jesus? by Sijo01(f): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2017
How's Jesus abbreviated?
Op, give us the abbreviated version please.

(1) (Reply)

The Original Plan Of God. / See Mike Bamiloye's Facebook Update On The Just Concluded BBN / Man Dumps Islam Then This Happen...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.