Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange (1623 Views)

5 Lessons From Doctor Strange Movie / Download Doctor Strange Movie / Download Doctor Strange Full Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by RinzyReviews: 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
Release date: November 4, 2016
Production Studio: Marvel Studio
Box Office: $670.1m
Rinzy’s Rating: 4/5

Over the years, Marvel has proved itself as a force to be reckoned with not just the comic book movie world, but movies in general. Doctor Strange follows in the same line as an interesting watch.

Dr. Stevens Strange is an arrogant but very intelligent Neurosurgeon, who has an accident that causes him to lose the effective use of his hands. Dejected, he seeks for a way out of his predicament, and comes across a man who used to be paralyzed years ago, but could now miraculously walk. The man tells Strange about Kamar-Taj, a place where miracle happens.

Kaecilius is a rogue Sorcerer, who broke into Kamar-Taj to steal a page out of a book about time manipulation. He and his followers are chased across dimensions by a powerful Sorceress called the Ancient One, but they all escape her.

Strange is saved by another sorcerer, Mordo, who heard him ask about Kamar-Taj at the market place. Mordo brings him to Kamar-Taj, the Sanctum, to see the Ancient One, who rejects him, but later accepts him after a pep talk from Mordo. Strange begins his training in earnest, though tough, he finally starts to understand what it takes to be a sorcerer. Kaecilius attacks again.

doctor-strange-still-ancient-one-karl-mordo

Kaecilius is trying to free Dormamu, a villain that resides in the dark dimension, and it is up to Strange and his fellow Sorcerers to stop his invasion.

There were lots of things I loved about this movie, most notable are:

1. Dr. Stranger’s back story.

Even though this movie is an origin story of some sort, it doesn’t rub it on our faces. The pacing was good. It didn’t take years to introduce Steven Strange the douche, Steven Strange the broken man, and certainly didn’t take an eternity to introduce him as a Sorcerer. The pacing was well thought out, and beautifully executed.

2. Powerful visuals

Though we’ve seen one trick in this movie in Inception (2010) – the reality warping spell when Mordo and Strange ran from Kaecilius and his forces after the attack at the New-York Sanctum.

doctor_strange_image_dimensions-0

Many other visuals peculiar to this movie I enjoyed include, the way the portals to different dimensions open, the Eye of Agomotto and the cloak of levitation in action, among many other scenery. Kudos to the Visuals Director.

3. The comedy

This was one very awesome aspect of the movie. The characters were funny, almost all of them knew how to crack a smile on viewers, including Dormamu.

4. The wonderful cast and acting.

Though there were divisions among comic fanboys when the cast was unveiled, they did impress me. From Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange, to Chinwetel Ejiofor as Mordo, to Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One, these three and a few others did it for me. Benedict Cumberbatch was an excellent choice for the Sorcerer Supreme, and I must say job well done to the Casting Director.

The things I didn’t like about this movie:

1. Dormamu wasn’t really visually appealing enough to be appreciated as the main villain.

2. The Ancient One didn’t need to die the way she did. She was way too awesome to die by a stab wound, for someone with powers from the dark dimension.

In all, Doctor Strange is an entertaining movie, it wouldn’t bore you. So, if you haven’t watched it, try to.

For those that have watched it, what do you think about the movie?

https://rinzyreviews./2017/02/11/rinzy-reviews-doctor-strange/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by ShaqFu: 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2017
I'll be back to comment. Frankly, I think Marvel and DC are always trying to outdo each other cos they seem to have almost similar characters.

Like Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate. The cloak of destiny kind of mimic The Cloak of Levitation.

1 Like

Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by RinzyReviews: 10:13am On Feb 12, 2017
ShaqFu:
I'll be back to comment. Frankly, I think Marvel and DC are always trying to outdo each other cos they seem to have almost similar characters.

Like Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate. The cloak of destiny kind of mimic The Cloak of Levitation.

Yes, they are similar. I'm still awaiting your comment.
Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by ShaqFu: 10:25am On Feb 12, 2017
RinzyReviews:

Yes, they are similar. I'm still awaiting your comment.
Em, actually I really don't have anything to say cos I'm really not a fan of Marvel. I prefer DC any day, any time.

I've been a fan of DC right from my teenage years. Batman, made me a fan forever.

Though I've seen Doctor Strange and I still hold my opinion that he is a replica of Dr. Fate.

1 Like

Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by RinzyReviews: 3:01am On Feb 13, 2017
ShaqFu:
Em, actually I really don't have anything to say cos I'm really not a fan of Marvel. I prefer DC any day, any time.

I've been a fan of DC right from my teenage years. Batman, made me a fan forever.

Though I've seen Doctor Strange and I still hold my opinion that he is a replica of Dr. Fate.

Thank you!
Talking about Dr. Fate, Legends of Tomorrow deemed it fit to drop his helmet on the floor while Rip Hunter chased Jackson round the Waverider.
Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by bercarray(m): 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
I just checked out the movie trailer, but I want to download the movie and I don't know the site to do that. can anyone help me with that?

1 Like

Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by Donvilo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2017
bercarray:
I just checked out the movie trailer, but I want to download the movie and I don't know the site to do that. can anyone help me with that?

Go to www.mp4mania.me
You will find doctor strange there.........
Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by bercarray(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
Donvilo:

Go to www.mp4mania.me You will find doctor strange there.........
thanks bro
Re: Rinzy Reviews: Doctor Strange by Donvilo(m): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2017
bercarray:
thanks bro
Anytime.

(1) (Reply)

Startimes Compete With TSTV Africa With This / Epitome Of Luxury: Checkout The Top 10 Ultra HD 4K Smart Tvs Of 2018 (PHOTOS). / BBNAIJA: One On One With Yousef! He's Such A Cool Guy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.