Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

RCCG Sunday School - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Sunday School (2104 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Sunday School by wildernessVoice: 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS MANUAL

LESSON 24

SUNDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2017

TOPIC: FIRST FRUITS
MEMORY VERSE: "Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all THINE increase.” – Proverbs 3:9

BIBLE PASSAGE: Exodus 13:12-15

INTRODUCTION:
First fruits are in various types. Our God asks us to give Him all and all we have to submit. In this
lesson, we want to know what first fruits are, how to give it and benefits of giving first fruits.

LESSON OUTLINES
1. What are first fruits and how are they given?

2. Benefits of giving first fruits

WHAT ARE FIRST FRUITS AND HOW ARE THEY GIVEN?

First fruits are in three categories:
1.The first fruit of increase (Proverbs 3:9-10). For example, increase in salary (the difference between the old and new salary).

2.The first fruit sacrifice (Genesis 22). God told Abraham to sacrifice Issac, his only son. This means the entire January salary, for instance. The
difference between the first fruit of increase and the first fruit sacrifice is in divine response. In the
first fruit increase, God promised that your barn will burst while in the first fruit sacrifice, your blessing will become global, they will be irreversible and they will extend to your
generations yet unborn (Genesis 22:15-18).

3. Redemption of the first male child (Exodus
13:13; 34:20; Numbers 18:15-19). The first child belongs to God. You can redeem him with a price.

The first fruit is for the Chief Priest. Dedicating
first fruits to God is a way of thanking Him for providing them.

BENEFITS OF GIVING FIRST FRUITS
Our perfect example is Abraham (Genesis
22:15-18). When he kept the commandment
according to Proverbs 3:9, God lifted him. So He promised to lift as many as will keep or obey His voice on the matter of first fruits as on every other commandments.

Abraham honoured God and he was mightily blessed (Genesis 24:35-36).

Hannah honoured God with Samuel and she had five more children (1Samuel 2:21).

Solomon honoured the Lord with a thousand burnt offerings at the beginning of his regime as the king of Israel.

For this, God visited him and blessed him with what money cannot buy (1Kings
3:3-14).

CONCLUSION
A first fruit of every type is what God asks from His children and this is a way of declaring our love for Him; and to thank Him for His blessings.

To pay our first fruits is to be established more
firmly in His covenants with us.

QUESTIONS:
1. What are first fruits?

2. What are some benefits from paying our first fruits?
Re: RCCG Sunday School by omosefeeguaibor(f): 12:12am On Feb 12, 2017
This is a first time I'm seeing an update of online Sunday school manual, thanks OP this is going to be useful later today in church. Pls whenever you do an update like this kindly mention me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: RCCG Sunday School by wildernessVoice: 4:28am On Feb 20, 2017
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS MANUAL
(LESSON TWENTY-FIVE)
SUNDAY 19TH FEBRUARY 2017

TOPIC: TITHING

MEMORY VERSE: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” – Malachi 3:10

BIBLE PASSAGE: Malachi 3:6-12

INTRODUCTION:
Today’s study centres on an age-long principle and practice applicable in all dispensations, including this. As some try to infer, it was neither instituted during the dispensation of law nor terminated by the dispensation of grace. May the Holy Spirit teach and bless us mightily today in Jesus’ name.

LESSON OUTLINES
1. Tithing before and during the dispensation of law
2. Tithing during the dispensation of grace
3. The blessedness of tithing

TITHING BEFORE AND DURING THE DISPENSATION OF LAW
Tithing was first mentioned in the Bible in connection with Abraham in conquest of the seven kings (Genesis 14:18-20). This is remarkable and instructive since we are Abraham’s seed and therefore, are expected to walk in the faith and steps of Abraham (Galatians 3:26-29; Romans 4:12). Jacob vowed to give God his tithes (Genesis 28:16-22). All Israel were commanded by God to pay their tithes to the place of His choice (Leviticus 27:3-33; Numbers 18:21-24). When God-fearing kings ruled, Israel was kept in true worship of God which made it easy to obey God in tithing (2Chronicles 31:5-12; Nehemiah 10:37, 13:44; Malachi 3:12). In cases of disobedience, prophets were sent to rebuke, correct and instruct in absolute obedience.

TITHING DURING THE DISPENSATION OF GRACE
The Lord Jesus Christ condemned the Pharisees of hypocrisy (Matthew 6:2, 5:16; 23:13-15). Praying, fasting, giving of alms, witnessing, righteous living and even paying of tithes are normal Christian services which are not condemned by the Lord Jesus Christ. He compared tithing with mercy, faith and love of God (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42).

THE BLESSEDNESS OF TITHING
When Christians obey, there is food in God’s house (Malachi 3:10). God will also rebuke the devourer for their sakes (Malachi 3:11) and the nations around shall call them blessed (Malachi 3:12). The ‘’storehouse’’ is where you receive spiritual food and nourishment for yourself and others as well. It is where you get spiritual seed to plant in other’s hearts. Tithing is for support for the ministers of the gospel for them to continue in God’s work.

CONCLUSION
This is a duty for all born again children of God. Obedience does not only nourish the body of Christ but it is also a means of extending the kingdom of God on earth. Get involved now.

QUESTIONS:
1. Discuss tithing before and during the dispensation of law
2. What is the opinion of Jesus on tithing?
3. What are the blessings of tithing?
Re: RCCG Sunday School by wildernessVoice: 5:22am On Apr 23, 2017
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON 34: “BIBLICAL COVENANT” – APRIL 23 , 2017.

OPENING PRAYER: Father, please do not let me fall short of your covenant
BIBLE PASSAGE: JER 31:31-34

31: Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of

Judah:

32: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the

land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in

their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34: And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all

know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember

their sin no more.
MEMORY VERSE: JER 31:31 “Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel,

and with the house of Judah”
LESSON INTRODUCTION:- Covenants are important features of the Bible’s teaching. Seven specific covenants are revealed in the Scripture. These seven covenants fall into three categories-conditional, unconditional, and general. Conditional covenants are based on certain obligations and prerequisites; if the requirements are not fulfilled, the covenant is broken. Unconditional covenants are made with no strings attached and will be kept regardless of one party’s fidelity or infidelity. General covenants are not specific to one people group and can involve a wide range of people.
Iv. TEXT REVIEW : JEREMIAH 31: 31-34

A NEW COVENANT
The passage gives some Important Information on the relevant of the Old and new Testaments.
Hebrews 8: 8-13 Sheds more light.

i. I will Make a new covenant with the house of Isaiah and Judah ~ Jer 31:31 , Heb 8:8

ii . why new Covenant ?

a) the people broke (could not keep) the old Covenant .

b) God continued to Find Fault with the People because they broke His Covenant , Hebrews 8: 7-8 and Punished them For their sins .

c.) The first covenant is now old , decayed and Vanished . Heb 8:13
iii . features of new Covenant which make it better than old:

a.) God will show mercy to the unrighteous people by forgiving their sins if they repent. Hebrew 8:12; proverbs 28:13; Acts 3:19

b.) Because the covenant will be written on their hearts, it will be easy to remember and do them unlike when it was on stone. Jeremiah 31: 33; Hebrews 8: 10 says “I will put the law into their minds. This will enable ease of reference and memory.

c.) With jesus Christ being the cornerstone of the new covenant then you can be sure of grace for performance. The lord Jesus Christ, is FULL OF GRACE and truth. John 1:14, Jeremiah 31:34.

d.) The people shall be God’s people and God shall be their God. Jeremiah 31:33, Hebrews 8:10.
v. TEACHING METHOD- use the Lecture teaching method.

vi. TIME MANAGEMENT- Use the standard time for teaching two lesson outlines.

LOESSON OUTLINE 1: THE BIBLICAL COVENANT OF OLD

The following covenants are found in the old testament:-

i. Adamic Covenant- This covenant is in two parts. The Edenic Covenant found in Gen 1:26-30; 2:16-17, which outlines man’s responsibility toward creation and God’s directive regarding the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The second part of the Adamic covenant includes the curses pronounced against mankind for the sin of Adam and Eve as well as God’s future provision for man’s redemption- Gen 3:15
ii. Noahic Covenant- This was made between God and Noah following the departure of Noah, his family, and the animals from the ark.{ Gen 9:11 ] This covenant includes a sign of God’s faithfulness to keep it- the rainbow. The uncontional covenants are:
i. Abrahamic Covenant. In this covenant, God promised many things to Abraham. He personally promised that He would make Abraham’s name great[ Gen 12:1-3 ], that Abraham would have numerous physical descendants[Gen 13:16], and that he would be father of a multitude of nations[Gen 17:4-5]. God also made promises regarding a nation called Isreal. Another provision in the Abrahamic Covenant is that the families of the world will be c\blessed through the physical line of Abraham-[Gen 12: 3;22:18]. This is a reference to the Messiah, who would come from the line of Abraham.
ii. Palestinian Covenant. God promised to scatter Israel if they disobeyed Him, then to restore them at a later time to their land [Deut 30:1-10 ]. This covenant has been fulfilled twice, with the Babylonian Captivity and subsequent rebuilding of Jerusalem under Cyrus the Great; and with the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D 70, followed by the reinstatement of the nation of Isreal in 1948
iii. Davidic Covenant. God promised to bless David’s family line and assured an everlasting kingdom [2Samuel7:8-16]. Jesus is from the family line of David[Luke 1:32-33] and , as the Son of David] Mark 10:47], is the fulfillment of this covenant
iv. The Mosaic Covenant was a conditional covenant. It is found in Deut 11:28. It promised the Israelites a blessing for obedience and a curse for disobedience. The Ten Commandments [ Ex 20 } and the rest of the law are parts of the Mosaic covenant. Much of the Old Testament chronicles the fulfillment of this cycle of judgement for sin and later blessing when God’s people repented and returned to God.
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: Identify the features of the General Covenants , the Unconditional covenant and the conditional covenants?
LESSON OUTLINE 2:THE NEW COVENANT

Features of the New Covenant

i. It is a covenant of forgiveness of sin and God’s willingness to maintain unbroken relationship with His people- Jer 31:31-34

ii. Jesus Christ is the symbol and personality or identity of the covenant and that He died for sinners- Heb 9:23-28; John 1:29; Matthew 26:26-30

iii. Jesus died for sinners and Hid blood cleanses sinners who put their trust in him-1John 1:19

iv. The new covenant is a better covenant- Heb 8:6-13

v. The new covenant is an everlasting covenant- Heb 13:20

vi. The new covenant is an eternal inheritance- Heb 9:15

vii. The new covenant is a covenant of grace- Eph 2:8-9

viii. The new testament is written upon our hearts and not on the tablets of stones- Heb 8:10
Class activity 2 : Explain how Christ becomes the corner stone of the new covenant?
SUMMARY

i. There are old testaments covenants which include Adamic, Noahic,Abrahamic, Palestinian, Davidic and Mosaic

ii. The new testament covenant is Christ-centered and is everlasting
9CONCLUSION- Have you entered into this new covenant and started walking in the better way?
CLOSING PRAYER

i. Father, let me ever appreciate the death of Jesus Christ for me.

ii. My father, grant me and my house covenant of live and prosperity, in the name of Jesus

iii. Oh God arise, and destroy every evil covenants inherited, in the name of Jesus

iv. Every promissory note covenant in my home, I cancel them, in the name of Jesus.
Re: RCCG Sunday School by wildernessVoice: 7:42pm On May 06, 2017
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL
LESSON THIRTY-SIX
SUNDAY, 7TH MAY 2017

TOPIC: MARITAL PREREQUISITES

MEMORY VERSE: ‘’House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD ." - Proverbs 19:14

BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 24:1-21

INTRODUCTION:
Marriage is the legal relationship between a husband and wife that lasts for a life time. The steps taken before going into this journey are very important to prevent pitfall (Genesis 2:21-22). You do not have to rely on vague hunches and weird rituals to know who to marry. This lesson shall teach us the basic requirements for marriage.
LESSON OUTLINES
1. The relationship with God first
2. Godly counsel for marriage

THE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD FIRST
Marriage is a creation of God. It all started from Him (Genesis 2:18). God will only guide His own (Jeremiah 10:23). He will not play a guessing game with His people. He wants us to know and do His will and He is actively involved in revealing it. Therefore, before seeking God's will in marriage, first have a relationship with Him (Psalm 119:130; Psalm 119:105).

You must not live your life in fear but in fellowship with God (2Timothy 1:7). Develop your God's gift and master how God deals or guides your steps (Psalm 85:cool. Discover your identity and purpose through a relationship with Jesus Christ. If you do not have such a relationship, you may find that of man and woman very difficult. This will reduce stress, give your life meaning and prepare you for eternity (2Peter 1:3-4).

GODLY COUNSEL FOR MARRIAGE
Take heed to the following counsel before jumping into a marital relationship:

1. God does not want His people to be joined with unbelievers (2Corinthians 6:14-16; 1Corinthians 6:15-17).

2. God has placed His word in our hands so we could have a much more objective set of guidelines to follow than dreams, feelings and impulses. Despite your dreams and conviction, pray to have scriptural backing (Proverbs 18:22; Genesis 2:22; Proverbs 19:14).

3. God will work in you to do His will. He will use circumstances and situations to perfect His will for your life (Romans 8:28; Philippians 2:13). You must , therefore, remain sensitive; paying attention to doors He opens and closes to direct your path.

4. Seek the counsel of elders or spiritual heads in the church (Proverbs 19:21; 11:14; Romans 15:14).

5. Do not allow passion for sex to influence your decision or make you despise godly counsel from spiritual heads (Judges 14:1-3; Proverbs 14:29).

6. The environment you are and the peers will also influence your choice. Therefore, keep company with believers and not unbelievers (1Corinthians 15:33; 1Samuel 8:5-6).

7. You must be found working in His will (vineyard) like Adam, and doing something legitimate to earn an income (Genesis 2:15-18). Marriage is not for lazy people.

CONCLUSION:
Prayer, pure word of God, worship, fellowship and service for God and right environment are factors that aid our spiritual sensitivity. Pray for our singles today.

QUESTIONS
1. What is the first thing to do in knowing God's will in marriage?
2. Mention three things you can rely on in knowing God's will.
Re: RCCG Sunday School by wildernessVoice: 5:18am On May 14, 2017
LESSON THIRTY-SEVEN
SUNDAY, 14TH MAY, 2017

TOPIC: CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE

MEMORY VERSE: ‘’And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." - Genesis 2:23

BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 2:21-25

INTRODUCTION:
The marriage institution was ordained by God as part of the essential process of life. It is one of the fundamental and basic sacraments in the Christian church. It is the oldest institution which God Himself established at the beginning of creation. It is the bedrock of the church. We should approach marriage with dignity as a sacred and divine institution (Hebrews 13:4).

LESSON OUTLINES
1. The reason for marriage
2. Marriage is for adults

THE REASON FOR MARRIAGE
There are various reasons people go into marriage relationship. The first principal reason for Christian marriage is for mutual fellowship. Loneliness is not good. It is dangerous. The Lord saw the man needed companionship, hence, the creation of woman (Genesis 2:18-22, 24). There are exceptions according to the Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 7:32. Secondly, God made us with sexual desires that are good, holy and legitimate but must only be satisfied in marriage. This will also check the sinful life of adultery or fornication (1Corinthians 7:12). Thirdly, to obey the command of God, which is to be fruitful, multiply, propagate the human race and replenish the earth through child bearing/rearing in the fear of God (Genesis 1:28; 9:1; Proverbs 22:6). Fourthly, two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour (Eccles. 4:9-11). Lastly, it takes two (a man and a woman) to make "one flesh" (Genesis 2:24).

MARRIAGE IS FOR ADULTS
Anyone who wants to marry must be matured physically and should have attained the age of accountability. Financially, the intending couple, especially the man, should be strong enough to provide for a household (1Timothy 5:cool. They should also be mentally and emotionally balanced (Titus 1:cool. Marriage requires a separation from parents (Mark 10:6-9). It carries a lot of responsibilities that childish minded persons cannot bear (1Samuel 25:18-25). A good Christian marriage also requires the consent and blessing of parents of both parties (Genesis 24:50-51, 59-60).

CONCLUSION:
Marriage is a holy institution and God is the author. He has set the ideals in the Bible. Anyone who fails to apply these will surely have problems with their homes. Let us pray for the success of all Christian marriages worldwide.

QUESTIONS
1. Give reasons for marriage?
2. Who is qualified to marry?
Re: RCCG Sunday School by wildernessVoice: 3:44am On Jun 04, 2017
LESSON FORTY
SUNDAY, 4TH JUNE 2017

TOPIC: FAMILY CHALLENGES AND REMEDIES

MEMORY VERSE: ‘’For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh" - Ephesians 5:31

BIBLE PASSAGE: Matthew 19:3-32

INTRODUCTION:
Having discovered that marriage and family relationship should be precious with the various responsibilities of the husband, wife and even children, sometimes, some marriages still hit the rock. It is a known fact that life as well as marriage is not always a bed of roses. However, if Christ is permitted to reign in the "ship" of any marriage/family, no storm will be able to overcome it. In this lesson, we shall be discussing some fundamental challenges truncating the will of God for mankind in family relationship.

LESSON OUTLINES
1. Divorce and God's remedy
2. Other family challenges and remedies
3. Separation

DIVORCE AND GOD'S REMEDY
Divorce is not the will of God for the family (Malachi 2:16). Many things could be responsible for divorce among which are: failure to actually leave and cleave to the wife as instructed (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6), giving the devil a place (Ephensians 4:27; 1Peter 5:7-9). The devil can come through gossip, false prophecy and suspicion (1John 4:1). Other things responsible for divorce include extravagance and worldliness (Ephesians 5:22-31; Romans 12:1-2), comparing your family with others, criticism and failure to forgive (2Corinthians 12:5; John 17:20), and lack of love and affection (Ephesians 5:25-28; Titus 2:4).

OTHER FAMILY CHALLENGES AND REMEDIES
Other challenges include the wife usurping the duty of the husband. This is not God's pattern (1Peter 3:4-7; Colossians 3:18-20). The head of the family is the seat of duty. When the headship of the husband is challenged, he should turn to the Lord Jesus in prayer. Otherwise, pride sets in (John 13:3-5; 1Samuel 1-9-19). The Lord's command is that we have faith in God (Mark 11:22-23) otherwise help centered on unbelief will not be acceptable in God's sight (Romans 14:23). Polygamy is another challenge. It is not allowed by God (Genesis 29:29-32). Family income budgeting can also be a challenge. The family should avoid being in bondage to creditors (Romans 13:cool.

SEPARATION
Marriage is intended by God to be a lifetime affair. In case of fornication or life threatening confrontations, separation may occur (Matthew 5:31-32; Romans 7:2-3) temporarily while the underlying issues are being addressed.

CONCLUSION:
Jesus can make all things right. Hand over your family to God today.

QUESTIONS
1. Justify why divorce is not of God.
2. Mention some family problems and God's remedy.
3. Is separation allowed by God?

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: Jacob Wrestled With God, And So Should You / Zepheniah 3:9-- One Of The Muslims Obligations / Pope Called Son Of God: Blasphemy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.