Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa (26038 Views)

The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Kundagarten: 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
cstr55:

Don't trespass your boundary.
I like you, but don't trespass by claiming historical inaccuracies.
Any ethnic duel should be confined to you and your yoruba neighbours.
Besides, is there anything like the edo nation? Is the oba of BENIN a sovereign over every path of edo state today?

The Oba has absolute authority over Edo state. For example am from Esan, our kings are called "onojie" like a duke under the Oba of Bini.

Reference the English monarchy, you'd find the duke of Edinburgh, duke of Cheshire etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Kundagarten: 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
[s]
fatiaforreal:

I never wanted to comment, but the ignorance of this Edo boy is too palpable to ignore. You and your cohort seem to wallow in hallucinations.
1) somebody was talking about events of Nigeria civil war, your mind was fixated on event of 1887.
2) you must be dreaming comparing your empire with sokoto caliphate. If you don't know, the caliphate was more than 20 of your empire in landmass, and far more superior militarily.
3) the luck you had, was your empire was tucked in the heart of the rainforest where it was impossible for chariots to operate, otherwise, Benin would have been a mere emirate.
4) you're so ignorant to know Oyo empire reigned for so long during which Benin was only a well behaved kingdom militarily.. Benin only expanded and became an empire only after the fall of Oyo empire. It was thereafter Benin made opportunistic incursions into parts of yorubaland. Mind you, all these while Yoruba was the official language in benin palace and the Obas were buried FINALLY in Ile Ife.
[/s]
Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Kundagarten: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
[s]
Devices:

With all the starvation we are still up to 35 million?

You Edo race is going into extinction, no wonder Urhobo are your people as slaves.

Your oba was once a useless and hopeless bastard who was disgracefully dethroned, retired, shamed, embarrassed by Igbo people.

His animal kingdom was taken away from his, he was chased into exile where he later died like a common criminal he was.

His wives and concubines had their pussies pummeled by sexy Igbo guys with big di.cks grin grin grin

You seriously need a big black Igbo cock in that Pussy.
[/s]

Say something clever for once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by EdoNation(f): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
expee06:

Edo nation, your passion for Bini culture/history viz a viz the knowledge of Bini history is commendable.

Thanks dear kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
EdoNation:

Thanks dear kiss kiss
UWC
Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by mr1759: 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
all I have to tell you is that Benin is closer to ibo than to to yoruba, as an Edo man history and present told me so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by vicadex07(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
EdoNation:
[[s]quote author=fatiaforreal post=53652118]You're definitely living in the past to think some people in Delta, Lagos, or Ekiti and beyond are members or subjects of your empire. The world has moved on and left you. In the unfolding political events in Nigeria, where will you fall?
1) Nigerdelta, where Uhrobo, Itsekiri, Ika etc are your subjects? Uhrobo will slap you before Ijaw boys finish you off. You can't survive in that country unless you rewrite your history (you're very good at it anyway) and live like a commoner where the Oba will not be superior to the Pere, Igwe, Amayanabo etc. In the Nigerdelta nation you're still a minority.
2) You can hardly become a successful nation on your own.You don't have the basic requirements.
3) The Yoruba gate is already locked on you because you have out of sheer arrogance lost your true root. Just pray Nigeria remains as one, otherwise, your future is very bleak; you've lost your safest ally.[/s]

WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING OO!!

HAHAHAHA GOSH WHAT A BUNCH OF TRASH!!

FOR UR INFO IF THIS COUNTRY SHUD BREAKUP UP TODAY ITS THE YORUBAS AS A PPL DAT WILL SUFFER MOST!!

CASSAVA FARMERS!

YOU BETTER COME TO BENIN AND APPEASE UR ANCESTORS!!

Edo prostitute from Italy... Do not bring Yoruba into your online tussle of supremacy else you will be decimated.

Edo people are like lepers. You have been rejected by Yorubas for being arrogant and are slaves to igbo people who dissociates themselves from your ancestry at every turn. The Abokis don't even recognize your existence.

Among the first ten most influential tribes in Nigeria, edo is not among. If Nigeria breaks up today, edo state will suffer most because your only stock in trade is prostitution, cultism and withcraft. Prostitution is your only foreign exchange.

One igbo guy asked you about what edo people are known for in Nigeria and you couldn't come up with anything other than insults for obvious reasons.

The only acclaim of supremacy of a typical edo person is about 300 or more years over exaggerated tales of an extint empire. If you were so powerful back then, who cursed you all and made you useless non entities today?

A typical edo lady is a shameless prostitute like maheeda so I know you are also one. If you quote me with a reply I will ignore you because I don't expect any reasonable arguments from a lady who chooses to invest in her pussssy instead of her brain.

Have a nice day!

3 Likes

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
vicadex07:

Edo prostitute from Italy... Do not bring Yoruba into your online tussle of supremacy else you will be decimated.

Edo people are like lepers. You have been rejected by Yorubas for being arrogant and are slaves to igbo people who dissociates themselves from your ancestry at every turn. The Abokis don't even recognize your existence.

Among the first ten most influential tribes in Nigeria, edo is not among. If Nigeria breaks up today, edo state will suffer most because your only stock in trade is prostitution, cultism and withcraft. Prostitution is your only foreign exchange.

One igbo guy asked you about what edo people are known for in Nigeria and you couldn't come up with anything other than insults for obvious reasons.

The only acclaim of supremacy of a typical edo person is about 300 or more years over exaggerated tales of an extint empire. If you were so powerful back then, who cursed you all and made you useless non entities today?

A typical edo lady is a shameless prostitute like maheeda so I know you are also one. If you quote me with a reply I will ignore you because I don't expect any reasonable arguments from a lady who chooses to invest in her pussssy instead of her brain.

Have a nice day!

bro u are very wicked cheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by fatiaforreal: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
So ignorant, arrogant, and proud on nothing.

1 Like

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by EdoNation(f): 10:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
[[s]quote author=fatiaforreal post=53657991]Unfortunately, the Yorubas see and take you worthless beings as brothers. They ignore all yor abuse and rantings because you're politically, economically , geographically, and intellectually insignificant. Very soon, the rest of the country will turn your state into a museum of antiquity. You'll be in cages and people will pay to watch you demonstrate things you know how to do best.[/quote][/s]

You ppl are nothing!!!

Go Away we have nothing to do with u band of liars..... We know our history unlike u ppl dat rewrote urs based in myopic lies.... If not for Benin prince oduduwa u ppl would not be outside ur rain forest!!

1 Like

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by aigbeedo(m): 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
DEVICES AND BACK2SENDER you are lucky I didn't join on time. It's just too late, now I would have help to unfreeze your frozen brains. Get it straight one of the longest dynasty in the world...

1.the British monarchy
2. The...............
3. The.......
4. The Benin monarchy

Roger this.. And unfreeze your brains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by EdoNation(f): 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
aigbeedo:
DEVICES AND BACK2SENDER you are lucky I didn't join on time. It's just too late, now I would have help to unfreeze your frozen brains. Get it straight one of the longest dynasty in the world...

1.the British monarchy
2. The...............
3. The.......
4. The Benin monarchy

Roger this.. And unfreeze your brains

And dat other yoruba boy called fatiaforreal abi watever his name was..... Such a mess

1 Like

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by osidion2020(m): 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
Osahon7:
Proudly Benin! Bini is one the most respected traditions World Wide!!!
Bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
martineverest:
true...and the former oba was very kind and calm....very slow to anger
this current is a no nonsense man.. I was in benin the day he sent guards to destroy one of the high chiefs statue. Hmm along soponkba road. I heard that man is the only person that can touch the obas head for crowning him, but he was against the oba.
Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Nice write up Edonation

Do you have any clues as to why Oba Ewuare II went to the Government House to see Obaseki??

Was it really to ask for contracts as is being rumoured because Obas rarely leave the palace
because d gov is superior to d Oba. In fact he pays his salary
Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by sooperrescue(m): 12:26am On Feb 13, 2017
ademilan:

because d gov is superior to d Oba. In fact he pays his salary

The Governor can never be superior to the OBA, in this life and in the next life. Obaseki's family is a palace chief and so the child of one who kneels to greet the Oba every morning can never be greater than the Oba his father respects. The Obas dont go out unless it is expedient. I once stood by Oba Erediauwa at close range in Benin at the trade fair in 1989. He was inspecting the stands of the businesses that came to display their wares and to encourage them all. Then he came to Ogbemudia farms stand and the ex Governor came to attend to him. I was waiting to buy roasted chicken and when the Oba came into the stand, the whole chickens vamoosed and we were refunded our money. Edo Nation, you are wonderful but the Kingdom of Benin is far higher than the Sultanate of Sokoto in all ramifications. Any kingdom where the son does not succeed his father is not a kingdom because the father cannot pass any legacy to his successor to continue from there. The late Oba Oyekan of Lagos has nothing in common with Oba Akiolu, ditto with the Sijuade and the Ogunnusi, the current Ooni of Ife. Dasuki was deposed and another line took over as Sultan. When Oba Ovonranmen was deposed, there was no one on the throne until he died in 1914 and his son took over after his father died. To the one that is interested in knowing what we are known for, our tradition and customs is worth more than any enterprise on earth. We are all independent on our abilities to create wealth for our families. You can hardly find any Edo person that is an househelp to any one on earth unlike those in perpetual servitude. If Nigeria should break up today, there will be alignment of forces and everyone shall return back to their roots. There was peace in Bendel State until the state was carved into two and then we now started hearing of Ijaw/Urhobo wars. They could not say a word when there were in Bendel State, but when they came on their own, they felt the need to assert themselves as the rulers of Delta where the Oba is no longer watching them. And yes, the Fulani cannot attack EDO because not only will they be destroyed but the business interests of the fellow fulanis in Edo will be wiped out and they know that very well and they have warned their people never to stray into Edo and make trouble. Armed robbers who smokes marijuana will never stray into an army barracks to rob, the igbo will clear sharp sharp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by EdoNation(f): 12:35am On Feb 13, 2017
sooperrescue:

The Governor can never be superior to the OBA, in this life and in the next life. Obaseki's family is a palace chief and so the child of one who kneels to greet the Oba every morning can never be greater than the Oba his father respects. The Obas dont go out unless it is expedient. I once stood by Oba Erediauwa at close range in Benin at the trade fair in 1989. He was inspecting the stands of the businesses that came to display their wares and to encourage them all. Then he came to Ogbemudia farms stand and the ex Governor came to attend to him. I was waiting to buy roasted chicken and when the Oba came into the stand, the whole chickens vamoosed and we were refunded our money. Edo Nation, you are wonderful but the Kingdom of Benin is far higher than the Sultanate of Sokoto in all ramifications. Any kingdom where the son does not succeed his father is not a kingdom because the father cannot pass any legacy to his successor to continue from there. The late Oba Oyekan of Lagos has nothing in common with Oba Akiolu, ditto with the Sijuade and the Ogunnusi, the current Ooni of Ife. Dasuki was deposed and another line took over as Sultan. When Oba Ovonranmen was deposed, there was no one on the throne until he died in 1914 and his son took over after his father died. To the one that is interested in knowing what we are known for, our tradition and customs is worth more than any enterprise on earth. We are all independent on our abilities to create wealth for our families. You can hardly find any Edo person that is an househelp to any one on earth unlike those in perpetual servitude. If Nigeria should break up today, there will be alignment of forces and everyone shall return back to their roots. There was peace in Bendel State until the state was carved into two and then we now started hearing of Ijaw/Urhobo wars. They could not say a word when there were in Bendel State, but when they came on their own, they felt the need to assert themselves as the rulers of Delta where the Oba is no longer watching them. And yes, the Fulani cannot attack EDO because not only will they be destroyed but the business interests of the fellow fulanis in Edo will be wiped out and they know that very well and they have warned their people never to stray into Edo and make trouble. Armed robbers who smokes marijuana will never stray into an army barracks to rob, the igbo will clear sharp sharp.

Thank you very much for this write up bro!!
Very interlectual and Straightforward

I hope to see more of you on nairaland.....

Benin culture and traditions is really supreme above all!!

2 Likes

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by sooperrescue(m): 12:59am On Feb 13, 2017
Thanks. I am very much on ground but I talk about cars and engine oils but I could not help but chip in to reassure those antagonizing you who really wanted to know what makes a Bini man tick that even though we are small but we are still great up to Ghana,Togo and Benin Republic and we are very proud of who we are, whether our actions make us prostitutes, cultists and wizards, the bottom line is our greatness lies in our heritage passed down from generation to generation and no one can take that from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by YonkijiSappo: 3:34am On Feb 13, 2017
vicadex07:

Have a nice day!

Hhahahhaaha
See finishing ooo!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 13, 2017
sooperrescue:

U just hyping ur kingdom. As a matter of fact, i dont giv 2 f*ucks abt it being a kingdom or not. U should answer y he visited Obaseki. I dont care if Obaseki's family is holds a chieftaincy title or not. All i know is, d constitution that binds us together, rates a Governor before any Oba under him. Fine our culture must b respected buh our constitution is greater than anyone of us. Ur kingdom can claim anything after seperation but bros, ur throne will never b bigger than the Oni's and d Sultan. They are first class kings. Richer and well known. We no longer living in d ancient days so bros, double up nd wake up from ur sleep. D fact all d chicken vamoosed does not make em bigger nd d fact he left d throne for his son doesn't mean d legacy wld continue. In fact, I prefer a place where anyone can b ordained. So long they still pay him tru d local govt, d Governor can always summon him. Has d power to seize his staff. Nd yes i dunno benin ppl as househelps. They are known for prostitution and internet fraud. Shikena Oba erediauwa might b influential but doesn't mean his son is going to b as much
Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 13, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Hhahahhaaha
See finishing ooo!!
That escalated real quick

1 Like

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by sooperrescue(m): 7:09am On Feb 13, 2017
If you dont give a Bleep, why bother. The Ooni and sultan are posts that the highest bidder gets. The current ooni is not even the first child of his father but he was made Ooni and his father was even bypassed. I think prostitution is better than using a human being for rituals to be rich. We know the zones where this act is very rampant and if you are given a choice of selling your body for money or killing your fellow human being for money, I dont know your choice but I know that your choice will be just. Thanks for acknowledging that you have not met an edo househelp unlike other tribes who are much endowed in these acts. Our greatness is not ancient, it is current and we know that we are not masqurades, we are as we claim we are. At least the Ekiti Oba has acknowledged that the Oba of Benin is their Supreme Oba.

1 Like

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by valirex: 7:41am On Feb 13, 2017
Thanks alot everyone, both the good the bad and the ugly, some say we are few, others says we are non significant but before you condem me I will appreciate if you all go back to the first page and read again you will realize it was an Igbo guy that acted childishly and @edonation she acted matured. She didn't flare up she answered wisely yet again another asked the most arrogant question. To the Yorubas, let's not quarrel, you have your story to tell about oduduwa we also have our story to tell about Ekaladeran. Well I want all to know it's not numbers you use in winning a fight but the mind. In our little numbers lies our strength.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by EdoNation(f): 8:40am On Feb 13, 2017
[s]
ademilan:

U just hyping ur kingdom. As a matter of fact, i dont giv 2 f*ucks abt it being a kingdom or not. U should answer y he visited Obaseki. I dont care if Obaseki's family is holds a chieftaincy title or not. All i know is, d constitution that binds us together, rates a Governor before any Oba under him. Fine our culture must b respected buh our constitution is greater than anyone of us. Ur kingdom can claim anything after seperation but bros, ur throne will never b bigger than the Oni's and d Sultan. They are first class kings. Richer and well known. We no longer living in d ancient days so bros, double up nd wake up from ur sleep. D fact all d chicken vamoosed does not make em bigger nd d fact he left d throne for his son doesn't mean d legacy wld continue. In fact, I prefer a place where anyone can b ordained. So long they still pay him tru d local govt, d Governor can always summon him. Has d power to seize his staff. Nd yes i dunno benin ppl as househelps. They are known for prostitution and internet fraud. Shikena Oba erediauwa might b influential but doesn't mean his son is going to b as much
[/s]

TRASH!!!
AS USUAL LMAO...... UR STUPID OONI DAT BUYS THRONE RITE HAHAHA grin

If you dont give a Bleep, why bother. The Ooni and sultan are posts that the highest bidder gets. The current ooni is not even the first child of his father but he was made Ooni and his father was even bypassed. I think prostitution is better than using a human being for rituals to be rich. We know the zones where this act is very rampant and if you are given a choice of selling your body for money or killing your fellow human being for money, I dont know your choice but I know that your choice will be just. Thanks for acknowledging that you have not met an edo househelp unlike other tribes who are much endowed in these acts. Our greatness is not ancient, it is current and we know that we are not masqurades, we are as we claim we are. At least the Ekiti Oba has acknowledged that the Oba of Benin is their Supreme Oba.
Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by gregyboy(m): 8:46am On Feb 13, 2017
EdoNation:

ITS YORUBAS THAT BEAR EDO NAMES... ONLY A EDO BASTARD WULD BEAR YORUBA NAMES AND AS U KNOW WE DO NOT HAVE BASTARDS!!

TELL UR AKOKO EDO BROTHERS WE GAVE ONE LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF EDO TO GO BACK TO ONDO STATE...... OHH I FORGOT THEY REJECT BEING CALLED YORUBA EVEN THO THEY AV YORUBA NAMES BCUS THEY WERE ORIGINALLY FROM ONDO HAHAHAHA angry grin grin grin grin

SMH!!
wase otemwen vbe emwin nuwa tana gele ovbie edo ehu gele khin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by valirex: 8:52am On Feb 13, 2017
otemwen uwa tai sai cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by playerinc(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2017
Edo people are proud and independent. This is due to our long exposure to true Royalty. I'm an Edo person. I have no problem with Ibos but have no use for yorubas. These pple have no endearing qualities whatsoever. They are dirty, loud, dishonest, confusionists and sycophants. But the Ibos on this thread have sorely disappointed me by spewing insults and blasphemy regarding our great and revered Monarchy. I really think nairaland and social media empowers individuals to hide behind their keypads and say things that they won't be courageous enough to say in real life. But my prayer is that something will push these pple to vocalize these words to the hearing of bini pple in real life.

God bless you Edonation. Continue to defend the Edo culture. Oba gha to kpe ee!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by rhames(m): 11:14am On Feb 13, 2017
EdoNation:

He was definately high!

High right? On which brand of weed?

My question is why would anyone take on a whole traditional institution and think insanely that he/she will survive the aftermath? Being rich is great. Being Royalty is greater and ordained by Almighty God. So no matter what you are, respect your traditional institution.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by rhames(m): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2017
hucienda:
His Holiness, St John Paul II

(1978 - 2005)

patron Saint John Paul II
Re: Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa by martha89: 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2017
Kundagarten:

The Oba has absolute authority over Edo state. For example am from Esan, our kings are called "onojie" like a duke under the Oba of Bini.

Reference the English monarchy, you'd find the duke of Edinburgh, duke of Cheshire etc.
No Esan onojie is a duke and we are not under anyone,Speak for yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ohi Of Okene, HRH Isah Okatahi Holds Grand Reception Of His Coronation In Style / African Queens / Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.