Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm (1723 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Sheep And Goats Destroying My Farm, Please Help! / John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
fellow nairalanders, pls i need your opinion i recently planted some cassava stems and stray goats have been eating the fresh leaves that are just sprouting thereby retarding their growth . how can i curb them . my farm is very big i can't fence it for now .....
Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
Poison the goats and your problems will be solved
Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by matrixme(m): 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
do a makeshift fence with wood branches
Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
Jafsent:

Loooolz
Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
Jafsent:
suggest the ones you know and how to apply them. these goats are frustrating me
Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
matrixme:
do a makeshift fence with wood branches
the farm is a large one , fencing will gulp a lot of money
Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
Even those rats poison will do trust me I'm not joking i know how it feels when your neighbours animal come and destroy your farm and if you talk people will complain
Just put it inside a food that you know the goats will eat and put it at the front of your plants even other rodents will die
Just try it and tell me the amazing results
Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by zayons: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
highrise07:
fellow nairalanders, pls i need your opinion i recently planted some cassava stems and stray goats have been eating the fresh leaves that are just sprouting thereby retarding their growth . how can i curb them . my farm is very big i can't fence it for now .....

soak goat faeces in water for some days. use the water with dissolved faeces and spray it on the leaves of the cassava especially at the edges where the goat usually graze or around the area where they gain access to the farm.

goats don't like to eat anything contaminated with their faeces and urine . once they smell the contamination they wont come near your cassava again.

1 Like

Re: Goats Destroying My Cassava Farm by Straw(m): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2017
Goats can be a real nuisance, I have been reading about how to prevent them from gobbling up cassava farm, unfortunately most of the solutions are not cheap. We have just planted cassava on 6 hectares of land but fencing off 6 hectares is no joke embarassed I am keen to find out what solutions are out there too. In the mean time I am going to get a gun and use any goat that comes near my land for shooting practice in preparation for the next Olympic games - in case you haven't heard I am representing Nigeria grin

(1) (Reply)

Garri Available For Supply Anywhere (direct From Factory) / Weaned Rabbits For Sale / See How Women And Children Fish in Anambra West LGA Of Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.