Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

You’re About To See Frank Donga In His First-ever ‘serious’ Movie Appearance - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You’re About To See Frank Donga In His First-ever ‘serious’ Movie Appearance (617 Views)

Big Dreams Reality Show Opens As Ned Nwoko, Coza Pastor Make Appearance / Nigerians Say Goodbye To Frank Edoho, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" / Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You’re About To See Frank Donga In His First-ever ‘serious’ Movie Appearance by OyindaHives(f): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Viral Nigerian comic figure, Frank Donga has been featured as the protagonist in a yet-to-be released movie titled "Hakkunde".

The movie was created and directed by award-winning producer and director of African short films, Hell or High Water and A Day With Death, Asurf Oluseyi Amuwa. Remarkably, Hakkunde will become Asurf’s first full length movie, even though Asurf has been successful as a music video and short film producer.

Unknown to many, Hakkunde is the first movie to be publicly crowdfunded by Nigerians with contributions ranging from cash to production assistance. The movie features actors cutting across different ethnic groups in Nollywood such as Kunle Idowu (Frank Donga), Toyin Aimakhu (now Toyin Abraham), Ali Nuhu, Tunbosun Aiyedehin, Maryam Booth, Ibrahim Daddy, Alhaji Isa Bello, Adebukola Oladipupo, Tomiwa Kukoyi, Shade Ladipo and more.

Hakkunde is an intriguing story of a young graduate who battles everything including love, family, discrimination, drug abuse, tradition and insecurity. It takes on a journey of self-discovery and actualization. The story is characterized by actions and reactions that defines the everyday Nigerian society, with its ups and downs and with a particular focus on the life of a job hunting graduate “Akande” who finds himself in different situations while searching for a job, and ultimately, a better life.

The feature film was written by Oluseyi Asurf, Tomi Adesina and Gift Imafidon. Some of the team members who contributed to making Hakkunde a success includes Nigerian movie producers and filmmakers, Judith Audu, Funmi Daramola, Nadine Ibrahim and Uche Odoh.

Speaking on the essence of Hakkunde, Oluseyi Asurf Amuwa noted how important it is for today’s generation to see beyond the regular means of seeking employment, especially white collar jobs.

“The world is changing and there are different ways to exploring opportunities around us. I have never been to a university. I attended a polytechnic but dropped out; but this hasn’t stopped me from achieving my dreams. I want Hakkunde to open minds and connect to every youth out there.”

Hakkunde will be released sometime in April 2017.

Watch the trailer here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNYveTzveU

Re: You’re About To See Frank Donga In His First-ever ‘serious’ Movie Appearance by mamatayour(f): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
Lovely kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs You Love An Anime Religiously / 5 Conclusions From Game Of Thrones 702 (beware Of Spoilers) / Romantic Guy Or Good In Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.