Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date (4077 Views)

Killer Iphone 11 2019 Specs, Price, Release Date And More / Samsung Galaxy S10 Price, Release Date And Specs / Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Mikeshiangala(m): 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2017

According to recent information received at Smatt Geeks Media team,its quite clear that the successor to the Tecno L8; Tecno L9 will be launching soon.

The upcoming Tecno L9 and the L9 Plus will feature better specs and features compared to the Tecno L8.
Expect to see better design and software upgrade on the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus.
Tecno L-series smartphones are smartphones with long lasting battery capacity.

There will be two variants of this device
Tecno L9 and L9 Plus
Since the current Tecno L8 smartphone has two variants-the Tecno L8 and L8 Plus, the upcoming Tecno L-series is also expected to follow the same trend.

Specs and Expected Price;

Screen Size: 5.5 inch IPS screen

Resolution: 1280*720 pixel HDD

Processor: Quad-core

Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM

Camera: 5MP front and 13MP rear

PRICE: $160-$180
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by shiftback: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
720p display in 2017? I don't think they're gonna make that mistake. FHD is the barest minimum now. Looking forward to it's release though.

1 Like

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Dandsome: 12:03am On Feb 14, 2017
Can They Just B merciful And Let It Come With 3GB RAM? ? ? ?
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Abdstrakt(m): 8:09am On Feb 14, 2017
Dandsome:
Can They Just B merciful And Let It Come With 3GB RAM? ? ? ?
Abi o. 1GB RAM will die a natural death this year for sure.
Since it's the L series, what do you think the battery capacity should be this time around?

2 Likes

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Abdstrakt(m): 8:14am On Feb 14, 2017
Let me guess what the L8 specs might be.

5.5inch
FHD
6000mah Battery
3GB/32GB RAM/ROM
Mediatek Helio X10 Octacore processor
8/13mp Front/Rear Camera
Fingerprint scanner
Price: N60k

2 Likes

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by MizMyColi(f): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2017
Quad core ke?

No no no no no!!

Well, it all depends on the price.

I wish Tecno will leave those old MTK chipsets behind this 2017.

I wish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Abdstrakt(m): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2017
MizMyColi:
Quad core ke?

No no no no no!!

I wish!
Seriously, I wish too.
Mtk for entry level and some midrange phones, Snapdragon for midrange/high-end phones.
This move would shut half their detractors up.

2 Likes

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Dandsome: 8:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Since it's the L series, what do you think the battery capacity should be this time around?

6050 mah is not too much to ask for na.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Abdstrakt(m): 8:41am On Feb 14, 2017
Dandsome:

6050 mah is not too much to ask for na.
No it's not. I have a feeling it's going to be this.

2 Likes

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by MizMyColi(f): 8:46am On Feb 14, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Seriously, I wish too.
Mtk for entry level and some midrange phones, Snapdragon for midrange/high-end phones.

Exactly!!
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by excanny: 8:51am On Feb 14, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Seriously, I wish too.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with Mediatek chipsets, giant brands like Lenovo, Huawei are constantly using it. Mediatek is head to head with Qualcomm as we speak and analysts are predicting the X series overtaking Snapdragon in nearest future.

The only question is what OS?Nougat or Marshmallow.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Abdstrakt(m): 8:58am On Feb 14, 2017
excanny:

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with Mediatek chipsets, giant brands like Lenovo, Huawei are constantly using it. Mediatek is head to head with Qualcomm as we speak and analysts are predicting the X series overtaking Snapdragon in nearest future.

The only question is what OS?Nougat or Marshmallow.
I never said there was anything wrong with mediatek. Yea, Lenovo and Huawei dey use mediatek but not on their flagships. I'm just saying Tecno should mix it up.
Also, switching to Snapdragon for their flagships and other midrange devices would be more of a marketing move than anything.

2 Likes

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Mikeshiangala(m): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2017
MizMyColi:
Quad core ke?

No no no no no!!

I wish!

Tecno focuses on Low to Mid range phones mostly and thats why they may not be dropping those MTK chipsets anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oscillation55(m): 11:45am On Feb 14, 2017
Hmmm, the name good sha but the spec
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Youngpo413: 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
MizMyColi:
Quad core ke?

No no no no no!!

I wish!
join the Xiaomi crew, then thank me later.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Youngpo413: 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Thanks to Xiaomi.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by pators(m): 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

Tecno focuses on Low to Mid range phones mostly and thats why they may not be dropping those MTK chipsets anytime soon.
if i was a girl i will kiss you all night for this comment
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by MizMyColi(f): 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
Youngpo413:
join the Xiaomi crew, then thank me later.

I do not have any reason to be a Xiaomi fan.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by MizMyColi(f): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

You're right though.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by excanny: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
Abdstrakt:

I never said there was anything wrong with mediatek. Yea, Lenovo and Huawei dey use mediatek but not on their flagships. I'm just saying Tecno should mix it up.
Also, switching to Snapdragon for their flagships and other midrange devices would be more of a marketing move than anything.

You are undirectly saying Snapdragon is superior, which I tend to disagree with.

Its been a royal rumble fight between these two and the safest conclusion to make is that both are head to head .
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Mikeshiangala(m): 9:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
excanny:

You are undirectly saying Snapdragon is superior, which I tend to disagree with.

Its been a royal rumble fight between these two and the safest conclusion to make is that both are head to head .

Of course snapdragon is superior...

both chipsets have their strengths and flaws and weighing all that snapdragon has always emerged the winner.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by excanny: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

Of course snapdragon is superior...

both chipsets have their strengths and flaws and weighing all that snapdragon has always emerged the winner.

Not over Helio X30.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Mikeshiangala(m): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
excanny:

Not over Helio X30.

What?

we are talking of chipsets already powered in gadgets right now and not yet to be released.

Remember Snapdragon 835 is also coming out this july or something and thats when we'll talk of helio x30....
But for now.......helio x25 and below should be the basis of this arguement.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by excanny: 7:08am On Feb 15, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

What?

we are talking of chipsets already powered in gadgets right now and not yet to be released.

Remember Snapdragon 835 is also coming out this july or something and thats when we'll talk of helio x30....
But for now.......helio x25 and below should be the basis of this arguement.

You just come?Helio X30 already unveiled since last September .

Idon't know people just have this wrong notion that anything used by Tecno must be crap , low range , even if they associated with the best in the world.

This gets me on a personal level, cos people have this kind of wrong stereotype about me too.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by toluwanimi07(m): 7:39am On Feb 15, 2017
MizMyColi:
Quad core ke?

No no no no no!!

I wish!
maami we have to talk to them oh they cant just continue like this
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Mikeshiangala(m): 7:50am On Feb 15, 2017
excanny:

You just come?Helio X30 already unveiled since last September .

Idon't know people just have this wrong notion that anything used by Tecno must be crap , low range , even if they associated with the best in the world.

This gets me on a personal level, cos people have this kind of wrong stereotype about me too.

I personally love tecno phones....the first phone to feature helio x30 is not yet released.

Do you know why most flagships come with Qualcomms snapdragon?

Reason #1:

Other Chip-set manufacturers like MediaTek, Spreatrum and Broadcom. do not have the finesse in chip-sets to meet the experience of high-end customer.

Reason #2:

Its the phenomenon of sustainable competitive advantage. Big Brands don't want to work on Mediatek (which controls the market for most of Chinese originated smartphones,) because there are many vendors in Chinese ecosystem, who can quickly emulate the work of Big Brands on Mediatek.

Chinese vendors are experienced on Working on Mediatek Chip-sets, but are not experienced on Qualcomm chip-sets. So the capability of Chinese ecosystem is limited on Qualcomm. chip-sets., thus Work of Big Brands has lesser chances to be copied by Chinese vendors.

And as i said earlier...all this chips have strengths and flaws....but snapdragon have lesser flaws and perfom better in most aspects.

Mediatek chips are meant to power low to middle range phones and thats why this brand is so popular in africa where we prefer $150 phones rather than $700 phones....and i have used both snapdragon and mediatek and find mediatek lagging behind....but why do i still use it?
because thats what i can afford....and tecno is my favorite among this other chinese brands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by MizMyColi(f): 8:42am On Feb 15, 2017
toluwanimi07:
maami we have to talk to them oh they cant just continue like this

Well, @OP made a valid point y'know....
Tecno is known for producing low-midrange smartphones.

The more the specs, the more the money. You get?

1 Like

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by toluwanimi07(m): 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
MizMyColi:

Well, @OP made a valid point y'know....
Tecno is known for producing low-midrange smartphones.

The more the specs, the more the money. You get?
Yes maami but if tecno l8 is quad core l9 should be octa core maami abi what do u think and it should have 4g and at least A fingerprint sensor or maami what is ur opinion
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by MizMyColi(f): 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
toluwanimi07:

Yes maami but if tecno l8 is quad core l9 should be octa core maami abi what do u think and it should have 4g and at least A fingerprint sensor or maami what is ur opinion

My dear, let us just wait and see how they will wow us. Then we will know how to praise or scold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by omoalajah(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
The battery will be about 6000 Mah ...
Abdstrakt:

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by datyorubaboy: 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2017
Yes, expecting a 4G capability and fingerprint
toluwanimi07:

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Abdstrakt(m): 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2017
omoalajah:
The battery will be about 6000 Mah ...
I hope so too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Used Phone Between 25k To 30k / MTN Is Cheating You And Stealing Your Data Codedly / Iphone 11 Or The Google Pixel 4xl Which Should I go for?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.