Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,898 members, 7,956,389 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date (4140 Views)

Killer Iphone 11 2019 Specs, Price, Release Date And More / Samsung Galaxy S10 Price, Release Date And Specs / Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by toluwanimi07(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
MizMyColi:

My dear, let us just wait and see how they will wow us. Then we will know how to praise or scold.
okay maami. .. Actually im eyeing the next boom or camon series. .... I lpve the sound quality coming from the boom series tecno is trying
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

According to recent information received at Smatt Geeks Media team,its quite clear that the successor to the Tecno L8; Tecno L9 will be launching soon.

The upcoming Tecno L9 and the L9 Plus will feature better specs and features compared to the Tecno L8.
Expect to see better design and software upgrade on the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus.
Tecno L-series smartphones are smartphones with long lasting battery capacity.

There will be two variants of this device
Tecno L9 and L9 Plus
Since the current Tecno L8 smartphone has two variants-the Tecno L8 and L8 Plus, the upcoming Tecno L-series is also expected to follow the same trend.

Specs and Expected Price;

Screen Size: 5.5 inch IPS screen

Resolution: 1280*720 pixel HDD

Processor: Quad-core

Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM

Camera: 5MP front and 13MP rear

PRICE: $160-$180

FHD should do it in the screen resolution. This is 2017. Anyways, i anticipate this
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Abi o. 1GB RAM will die a natural death this year for sure.
Since it's the L series, what do you think the battery capacity should be this time around?

Even 2GB RAM is going obsolete
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

I personally love tecno phones....the first phone to feature helio x30 is not yet released.

Do you know why most flagships come with Qualcomms snapdragon?

Reason #1:

Other Chip-set manufacturers like MediaTek, Spreatrum and Broadcom. do not have the finesse in chip-sets to meet the experience of high-end customer.

Reason #2:

Its the phenomenon of sustainable competitive advantage. Big Brands don't want to work on Mediatek (which controls the market for most of Chinese originated smartphones,) because there are many vendors in Chinese ecosystem, who can quickly emulate the work of Big Brands on Mediatek.

Chinese vendors are experienced on Working on Mediatek Chip-sets, but are not experienced on Qualcomm chip-sets. So the capability of Chinese ecosystem is limited on Qualcomm. chip-sets., thus Work of Big Brands has lesser chances to be copied by Chinese vendors.

And as i said earlier...all this chips have strengths and flaws....but snapdragon have lesser flaws and perfom better in most aspects.

Mediatek chips are meant to power low to middle range phones and thats why this brand is so popular in africa where we prefer $150 phones rather than $700 phones....and i have used both snapdragon and mediatek and find mediatek lagging behind....but why do i still use it?
because thats what i can afford....and tecno is my favorite among this other chinese brands.

excanny:

You just come?Helio X30 already unveiled since last September .

I don't know people just have this wrong notion that anything used by Tecno must be crap , low range , even if they associated with the best in the world.

This gets me on a personal level, cos people have this kind of wrong stereotype about me too.
Both of you are right one way or the other. But let us not forget the fact that it is the use of this chipset that make their phones affordable. Now that they have launched global, maybe they need to try the acceptability of snapdragon on their device and then leverage on that. Not forgetting that dollar is high o and na we go still hammer them if they come with something way up in price.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by jesse8048(m): 7:21am On Feb 18, 2017
Abdstrakt:
Let me guess what the L8 specs might be.

5.5inch
FHD
6000mah Battery
3GB/32GB RAM/ROM
Mediatek Helio X10 Octacore processor
8/13mp Front/Rear Camera
Fingerprint scanner
Price: N60k

U forgot 4G Lte
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Abdstrakt(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2017
jesse8048:

U forgot 4G Lte
I left it out intentionally cos I felt 4G LTE should be standard now. This is 2017, any OEM that omits 4G LTE shouldn't be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

According to recent information received at Smatt Geeks Media team,its quite clear that the successor to the Tecno L8; Tecno L9 will be launching soon.

The upcoming Tecno L9 and the L9 Plus will feature better specs and features compared to the Tecno L8.
Expect to see better design and software upgrade on the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus.
Tecno L-series smartphones are smartphones with long lasting battery capacity.

There will be two variants of this device
Tecno L9 and L9 Plus
Since the current Tecno L8 smartphone has two variants-the Tecno L8 and L8 Plus, the upcoming Tecno L-series is also expected to follow the same trend.

Specs and Expected Price;

Screen Size: 5.5 inch IPS screen

Resolution: 1280*720 pixel HDD

Processor: Quad-core

Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM

Camera: 5MP front and 13MP rear

PRICE: $160-$180

This is so not 2017. I will prefer a 3GB RAM, Octa-Core and FHD screen instead, not forgetting Android 7 OS

1 Like

Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Norman4real(m): 5:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Iamdemola:

This is so not 2017. I will prefer a 3GB RAM, Octa-Core and FHD screen instead, not forgetting Android 7 OS
this is a low end device focused on battery optimisation, you can carry your preferances onto the phantom series, otherwise don't expect those specs you listed from tecno unless its a phantom, camon or boom series.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Techm8: 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
Norman4real:
this is a low end device focused on battery optimisation, you can carry your preferances onto the phantom series, otherwise don't expect those specs you listed from tecno unless its a phantom, camon or boom series.
I beg to differ.
Tech moves really fast. As time goes by the barest minimum in terms of specs are bumped up. This is 2017, regardless of target market FHD should be adopted for phones above 50k
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Norman4real(m): 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
Techm8:

I beg to differ.
Tech moves really fast. As time goes by the barest minimum in terms of specs are bumped up. This is 2017, regardless of target market FHD should be adopted for phones above 50k
well that's if the pricing gets that high. But i expect L series to be cheaper.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
yeah right
shiftback:
720p display in 2017? I don't think they're gonna make that mistake. FHD is the barest minimum now. Looking forward to it's release though.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
that is just the truth
Norman4real:
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
like seriously
Abdstrakt:

I left it out intentionally cos I felt 4G LTE should be standard now. This is 2017, any OEM that omits 4G LTE shouldn't be taken seriously.
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
this is really good
Abdstrakt:

5.5inch
FHD
6000mah Battery
3GB/32GB RAM/ROM
8/13mp Front/Rear Camera
Fingerprint scanner
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
this is kind of good
Abdstrakt:

5.5inch
FHD
6000mah Battery
3GB/32GB RAM/ROM
8/13mp Front/Rear Camera
Fingerprint scanner
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Abi o. 1GB RAM will die a natural death this year for sure.
Since it's the L series, what do you think the battery capacity should be this time around?
for sure
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
3G or 4G anything is fine bye me
datyorubaboy:
Yes, expecting a 4G capability and fingerprint
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by oluwadaemilola: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
that is just it
MizMyColi:

Well, @OP made a valid point y'know....
Tecno is known for producing low-midrange smartphones.

The more the specs, the more the money. You get?
Re: Rumour;tecno L9 Specs,price & Release Date by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Norman4real:

Bro, the Lseries is not low end o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Launcher Are You Using? / Have You Seen This Made In Nigeria Multiplayer Game / Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.