Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick (1871 Views)

IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) / Man Exposes New Trick Robbers Use To Snatch Cars At Wedding Ceremonies / New Trick Used By Ritualists, Please Take Note!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 14, 2017
Kidnapping: Editor Recounts Close Shave in Lagos

Breaking News
Kidnapping: Editor Recounts Close Shave in Lagos

“Wow! What a close shave!” That was all a former Style Editor with The Compass Newspapers, Ronke Kehinde, could say after a narrow escape from suspected kidnappers in Ikeja, Lagos.

Drugged and driving almost unconsciously through Ikeja, with three assailants on her trail, Mrs Kehinde, the wife of newsmakersng.com publisher, Dipo Kehinde, got off the hook in what she described as a miraculous escape.

This is her story as presented in a Church testimony on Sunday:

It was like a scene from the movies, I was waylaid by strange men last Wednesday.

I was on my way home from the Computer village, Ikeja; driving towards the bridge, near Ikeja General Hospital. There was a holdup due to the traffic light under the bridge. Then, a lady appeared from the blues with flyers in her hand. She was by the passenger’s window, but her hands were already inside my car, holding the flyer to my face.

She said, “You can buy landed properties by paying in installment.”

A view of the flyer

I wasn’t actually interested, but I took the flyer because I wanted her to go so that I could drive. At this time the traffic light had turned green. I took the flyer from her and dropped it on the passenger seat beside me.

As soon as I moved, I noticed something strange. My eyes were peppery.  I immediately took the flyer and threw it on the floor of the car because I wasn’t sure if what I was feeling was as a result of the flyer, or maybe it was coming from the surrounding.

I took the roundabout turn, beside the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH); then I connected the flyover near Awolowo house. As I continued to drive, I was feeling so dizzy and uncomfortable. My face was peppery.

As I was getting close to Guinness, I noticed a light brown car following me. There were three men in the car. Anytime they get to my side, in the traffic, they will all look at me intensely.

It was at this point I realized that it was a set up. Although I was uncomfortable, I was conscious of my environment.  While driving I stuck my head outside the window, so I could get fresh breeze. I was choking.

Those guys were expecting to see an unconscious woman or one who is struggling to remain conscious. The lady that gave me the flyer must be working with them.

When they noticed that I was fully conscious because I was looking at them, they stopped following me.

When I got home and told my husband, he opened the same flyer, the effect of whatever it was laced with was still very potent. His eyes became peppery. He wrapped the flyer in a cellophane bag. He said that he would like to get someone to do a forensic analysis of the substance on it.

I’m sharing this so that all motorists will be aware and be careful. Kidnappers are using different techniques to get their victims.

When we shared this experience with some close friends, someone told us through a WhatsAppmessage that the flyer could have been soaked in a potent street drug called Burundanga (also known as Scopolamine), which criminals now use to incapacitate victims before attacking them

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by ipobarecriminals: 9:30am On Feb 14, 2017
sad embarassed sad angry sad :oNIGERIA! !!!! sad
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 14, 2017
Everybody should try. And pass this information around so that people should be on alert mostly those driving cus their major targets are those in driving. In their cars or any one they planned to kindnapp,pls let s rebroadcast this around,you might end up saving some you don t even know
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
Be your brother s keeper and let s save souls
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by mykeljosef: 1:03am On Feb 15, 2017
hmnnn ok

ill tell em folks in gidi
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by azimibraun: 6:31am On Feb 15, 2017
True or False I must pass this message to 1000 people. That's my target and contribution to society. Pastors warn your members. If anybody throws a danm flyer into my car it's sure gonna be Armageddon. It may not even be on the flyer they may rub a substance on the side of the seat of the passenger side and that will gas you out. It's possible because you have divided attention at that time. No be all time person dey like use car A/C.
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 16, 2017
My brothers things are happening,only God know what they had in mind to do with this woman but God saved her for suspecting fowl play ,had it been she became unconscious and they will pull her out of the car pretending to be her friend or colleague people will simply looks the other way,pls all should share this to awake people to this new method of evil
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
Almost stabbed one with my pen today at maryland,God saved him
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
Thanks for sharing this, mods do justice!
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
eduwando:
Almost stabbed one with my pen today at maryland,God saved him

grin
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by OBAJESU: 5:33am On Feb 17, 2017
Thank God for your life!

Nigerian Police must be proactive and try and arrest these poeple in that area as well as those seen in the cctv fast food robbery in Agidingbi. They night be the same gang!!

Evil men roaming everywhere. May God deliver us.

Pls lets be careful----------Lagosians, Nigerians.

*I tire o- I dey siddon look*

Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by OBAJESU: 5:44am On Feb 17, 2017
I thank God for the life of this editor.

I call on the Nigerian Police to be MORE PROACTIVE. This incidence happened very close to their headquarters Area F. They should try to increase personnel on patrol, especially walking patrols as we see in UK, and other countries.

Also, those robbers may be the same ones that robbed from a woman's parked car at an eatery in Agidingbi, Ikeja, known as the cctv criminals.
They must arrest those criminals and the girl and parade their faces to the world!

Nigerians should learn to stop hurting other people!!!!

*FOR NOW I DEY SIDDON LOOK*
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2017
Thanks bro,I never wished any one to fall for this cus honestly such person s life can never be the same that's even if the person survived it at all
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
Its not funny at all
OBAJESU:
Thank God for your life!

Nigerian Police must be proactive and try and arrest these poeple in that area as well as those seen in the cctv fast food robbery in Agidingbi. They night be the same gang!!

Evil men roaming everywhere. May God deliver us.

Pls lets be careful----------Lagosians, Nigerians.

*I tire o- I dey siddon look*

Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
Evil people everywhere,
ipobarecriminals:
sad embarassed sad angry sad :oNIGERIA! !!!! sad
Re: Be Careful Of Those Distributing Flyers,robbers New Trick by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2017
OBAJESU:
I thank God for the life of this editor.

I call on the Nigerian Police to be MORE PROACTIVE. This incidence happened very close to their headquarters Area F. They should try to increase personnel on patrol, especially walking patrols as we see in UK, and other countries.

Also, those robbers may be the same ones that robbed from a woman's parked car at an eatery in Agidingbi, Ikeja, known as the cctv criminals.
They must arrest those criminals and the girl and parade their faces to the world!

Nigerians should learn to stop hurting other people!!!!

*FOR NOW I DEY SIDDON LOOK*
I feel you bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 13 Most Dangerous Men In The World Right Now / Abomination! Married Woman Paraded Naked After Caught Commiting Adultery (photos / Airforce Men Illegally Beat Up A Young Man On Private Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.