Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. (38583 Views)

US Air Force Unveils Flying Car That Could Shuttle Troops Across War Zones (Pix) / Meet SOFIA, World's Biggest Flying Observatory With A Flight Cost Of N35.9M/Hr / Photos : See The Flying Taxi Made By Chinese Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by engrchykae(m): 4:16am On Feb 15, 2017
[quote author=gypsey post=53716703]For all those ignoramuses who thinks or believe that it is the "end times" well..it doesn't seem that way to the arabs.Welcome to the new World of technology! You know? For a country like the emirates who are peddling the same believes in heaven Allah, paradise in heaven or God it is a bit of a double standard. Same way they are scamming people on shiiits like mecca prigrimage charging them extortionate amount of money to visit some stup!d building called the holy land a.....BOTH MECCA AND THE VATICAN AND JERUSALEM ARE DEN OF THIEVES.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by 2shur: 4:33am On Feb 15, 2017
dubai af gone far
ia it in technology
infrastructure
u name it.

while we are still here battling nepa.corruption..lastma.dem omo onile them..we r 4eva backward
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by engrchykae(m): 4:37am On Feb 15, 2017
[quote author=LordAdam7 post=53720395]

The old school political elite are human beings too like every one of us who rose through the rank and file and represent everything that is wrong with Nigeria. They did not come from Mars.

We've had two generation of politicians and a third one in the works. All of them are the same, and the newer are worse. So, selecting one set of politicians as the culprit just fits the narrative of looking for a scapegoat.

my dear,naija youths will become the "young turks"if allowed to control the affairs of this country eg,the bad yoruba youth is into yahoo and cyber crimes,the bad nigerdelta youth believes militancy is the way,the bad northern youth is ready to be recruited by boko haram and the bad ibo youth is there in diaspora doing all manner of unthinkable vices from drug peddling to human organ trafficking.if these young turks are made the leaders of this country,we would experience corruption 2.0,mind you the venom of a young snake is more lethal.take ur various SUGs as a case study.jesus did not say "it is finished"for nothing.
Eliminate the old school politicians and leave t
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by MadukaDaniel(m): 5:11am On Feb 15, 2017
Good plan
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by SIRKAY98(m): 6:02am On Feb 15, 2017
bettercreature:
Many people will die.I don't think it can work where high rise buildings are so many
You did not read the news well.

So Dubai is not high rise Building Dominated?
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Kiakia(m): 7:03am On Feb 15, 2017
unclezuma:
February 14, 2017

The electric EHang 184 can travel at 100km per hour at 300m above the ground, the Dubai transport authority says.

Dubai has tested a Chinese prototype of a self-driving hover-taxi, its transport authority said on Monday, with the aim of introducing the aerial vehicle in the emirate by July.

The test of the one-man electric vehicle comes as the city state in the United Arab Emirates seeks to ensure a quarter of its means of transport are self-driving by 2030.

The EHang 184 can travel on a programmed course at 100 kilometres an hour (60 mph) at an altitude of 300 metres (1,000 feet), the authority said in a statement.

A passenger simply needs to select a destination for the autonomous taxi to take off, fly the route and touch down in the chosen spot monitored by a ground control centre, it said.

The vehicle, made by Chinese drone manufacturer EHang, can recharge in two hours and make trips of up to 30 minutes.

"The autonomous aerial vehicle exhibited at the World Government Summit is not just a model," authority head Mattar al-Tayer said on Monday.

"We have already experimented (with) the vehicle in a flight in (the) Dubai sky," he said in English.

The authority was "making every effort to start the operation of the autonomous aerial vehicle in July 2017" to help reduce traffic congestion, Tayer said.

The quadcopter is powered by eight propellers, the authority said.

It has highly accurate sensors and can resist extreme temperatures, it said. The emirate is known for its scorching summers.

In November, Dubai agreed a deal with US startup Hyperloop One to study the construction of a near-supersonic transport link to the Emirati capital Abu Dhabi.

Home to Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower, Dubai is a leading tourist destination in the Gulf, attracting a record 14.9 million visitors in 2016.

Source:
http://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/Gcc/Dubai-aims-to-launch-hover-taxi-by-July-4y5a#ixzz4YgFujnSj

A flying taxi? Now, that's the real deal!
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by miraclea: 7:12am On Feb 15, 2017
Meanwhile Nigeria is bussy importing keke napep and okada and trying to think faster by negotiating city buses and third world train
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by grandstar(m): 7:59am On Feb 15, 2017
LordAdam7:

Somalia has more than 1 ethnic group.

-Lord

Name? :
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Halo22: 8:51am On Feb 15, 2017
And Ogbonnaya Onu is here telling us how to manufacture pencil........useless people.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by ameesh: 9:02am On Feb 15, 2017
darkckUSA:

Our problems are not population or tribes... Blame the old school political elite..

I slightly disagree, the prevalent problem is ourselves... Our mentality, sentiments... before our leaders.

We vote them in, join cults to be used by them, hijack ballot boxes while their kids watch E! back in oyinbo land under a duvet.
We support them even when they rob us blindly under our noses...we hail them when they come home for salah/christmas, beg at their doors like almajiri, then curse when we enter ditch-holes on the road.
We forget that we voted them in... Starting from our legislators to our executives.. Patient Jonathan is going to run for office come 2019,solely for power to keep tabs on her loot,yet she will actually be a preferred candidate... Something is wrong with Nigeria.. FUNDAMENTALLY!

So until we learn... We can't blame no old men ruling us.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by waluga(m): 9:27am On Feb 15, 2017
they are living the future already....dubai to the world....we coming
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 9:52am On Feb 15, 2017
delivryboy:

You started your write up with the aim of buttressing your earlier point (population and homogeneity) but you got yourself derailed and consumed by other pre-existing ideas, I really don't get your point, are you suggesting Nigeria be split into 400 new countries to suit each of its 400 ethnic groups? Or you hope some Nigerians vanish away to reduce the POPULATION?

Corruption has been in existence long before "1985" you quoted (Refer to "Man Of the People" by Chinua Achebe - 1965)

The rest of your write up is totally incoherent and can not gain much marks if passed for an article in an examination.

Maybe if you attended your English classes, I wouldn't have to break things to alphabet level before you understand.

That you didn't understand the difference between institutionalized' and started' just makes me want to take back everything I've typed to you. And to find that you were able to make a prognosis of Nigeria's problem with your shoddy comprehension just give credence to the fact that you're a sound board. You echo what others tell you. Completely incapable of sorting out issues yourself.

I wasn't trying to connect an intellectual chord with someone like you. That is as baseless as pouring water into a basket.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 9:53am On Feb 15, 2017
grandstar:

Name? :

If you can't use Google, I'm not replying any more of your comments.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 10:00am On Feb 15, 2017
[quote author=engrchykae post=53723201][/quote]

Exactly my want. It's the classic "angel" "devil" scenario.

The so-called youths who would take over are the current councillors and aides to current politicians. They're already part of the problem. So, fairly if we were to do a "Ghana" on the political elite, more youths than "old men politicians" would also have to go.

The Senate President and Deputy Senate President both have over 500 aides combined. More than 60% fall under the youth tag.

Our population and cultural diversity can be both a blessing and a curse. Now, they are a curse. And more importantly are preventing the possibility of us utilizing them effectively to be a blessing.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2017
And why do you think $1 USD = 3.6 UAE Dirham?
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Phobia1: 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
darkckUSA:

Our problems are not population or tribes... Blame the old school political elite..
abio. China is more populated
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
Kiakia:
A flying taxi? Now, that's the real deal!
For reals...
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by kenoz(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nice one
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by adegeye38(m): 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
LordAdam7:

I don't have the time to spell it out to everyone who quotes me.

Nigeria's problem is not corruption. Corruption is only a symptom. Corruption is a relatively new phenomenon. The person that institutionalized corruption in Nigeria is still alive. He started ruling in 1985. You can guess the person.

China is more homogeneous than Nigeria (language is Chinese, culture is Chinese, there's no religion, they have rich homogeneous history going back at least 1,000 years, and there are only 56 ethnic groups for a population of 1.3b people).

India may have around 2,000 ethnic groups for a 1+b people population, but the country is far more homogeneous than Nigeria. Almost 80% is Hindu. Hindi is the major language. Hindustan is an informal name of the country. It reflects in the Indian culture, dressing, cuisine, and identity. These people have been staying together sharing the Indian identity for over 1,500 years.

You can't compare that to Nigeria with more than 400 ethnic groups for only 180million people (50 million people in 1960, and we've lost some ethnic groups). There is less than zero homogeneity in Nigeria. Less than a 100 years ago, our great grand fathers didn't know the people they were lumped in together to form a country.

And this heterogeneity fueled corruption. It is why not too long ago, 3 of the most corrupt Northern leaders alive came together and said their Patron Abacha (arguably the poster child of corruption with billions of dollars stacked abroad and still being returned) was not corrupt. One of the corrupt Northern leader that passed that vote of confidence was a direct appointee of Abacha to head one of the agencies in the same petroleum ministry that Abacha pillaged. That same leader is the current president who is insulting every reasonable person's intelligence by talking about being anti-corrupt.

Interestingly, none of Abacha's immediate family members have been prosecuted by the Nigerian state. But the wife of the immediate past president who does not have a property abroad, foreign account, nor sent any of his kids for elite education abroad is being prosecuted while here husband is still alive, while the widow of Nigeria's most disastrous dictator is treated like royalty and waltz in and out of Aso Rock to this day with impunity.

And perhaps understandably, you have people from the ethnicity of the immediate past President and ex First Lady calling it persecution.

Tomorrow, when a Southern President goes there to do same, it'd be termed persecution by the Northerners. This is a country where a Southern President killing Northern terrorists is unacceptable by Northern leaders, but a Northern President killing Northern terrorists is acceptable by same leaders.

Similarly, a Southern President cracking on Southern militants is acceptable by Southern leaders (killing of John Togo), but a Northern President cracking on Souther militants is unacceptable by same leaders.

Corruption is not Nigeria's problem. If you believe that, then you could very well believe that the Earth is flat because you are currently standing on a flat surface.

-Lord
I agree with you on the fact that Nigeria is a country that never should have existed, but still corruption is an epidemic that has rendered this country useless

Over 400 billion dollars stolen since independence and still counting, billions of dollars stolen every month, every sector, the federal government, the state government, the local government, the ministries, contractors, the private sector, the Judiciary, the law enforcement, Health sector, Churches, are all a bedrock of massive corruption.

Trillions spend on electricity with nothing to show for it a meager 3000, while other countries are generating hundreds of thousands

The allocations state governments and local government recieves that should have been used on boosting the economy of each state and infrastructure have all been stolen, Lagos for example is a bedrock of the highest corruption i have ever seen It economy is one of the best in africa due to massive IGR, but the infrastructures are one of the worst, decayed and rotting

d problem of corruption in nigeria is nt d leaders, itsd people, we are naturally selfish, self centered, greedy, destructive its in our blood we were born with it, we all contributed in destroying dis country, we love corruption, we encourage it, we justify it and we are currently enjoying the dividend our religiousness doesn't help either cus we wallow in religion hypocrisy, so morrally we are decayed, religion wise decayed, society decayed and d samesociety will keep on producing fools as leaders.Change must come from withinonly the almighty God can help us.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
adegeye38:

I agree with you on the fact that Nigeria is a country that never should have existed, but still corruption is an epidemic that has rendered this country useless

Over 400 billion dollars stolen since independence and still counting, billions of dollars stolen every month, every sector, the federal government, the state government, the local government, the ministries, contractors, the private sector, the Judiciary, the law enforcement, Health sector, Churches, are all a bedrock of massive corruption.

Trillions spend on electricity with nothing to show for it a meager 3000, while other countries are generating hundreds of thousands

The allocations state governments and local government recieves that should have been used on boosting the economy of each state and infrastructure have all been stolen, Lagos for example is a bedrock of the highest corruption i have ever seen It economy is one of the best in africa due to massive IGR, but the infrastructures are one of the worst, decayed and rotting

d problem of corruption in nigeria is nt d leaders, itsd people, we are naturally selfish, self centered, greedy, destructive its in our blood we were born with it, we all contributed in destroying dis country, we love corruption, we encourage it, we justify it and we are currently enjoying the dividend our religiousness doesn't help either cus we wallow in religion hypocrisy, so morrally we are decayed, religion wise decayed, society decayed and d samesociety will keep on producing fools as leaders.Change must come from withinonly the almighty God can help us.

God will not help us.

This is not within his purview.

I never said that corruption is not an epidemic. But we must ask ourselves how did we get here, and why.

That is the question. Except we just want to be rabble-rousers and use the "corruption" buzzword as the sole scapegoat.

I maintain that corruption is the symptom of an underlying problem.

I don't want to write another long epistle. But when you have the kind of system Nigeria runs, the huge population, and the diversity in ethnicity and religion, you have the perfect recipe for corruption to thrive. The conditions are perfect for corruption to thrive.

It's why even when the whites come here to do business, they bend to our ways. Likewise when law-abiding Nigerians leave the shores and go to a place where the conditions are not suitable for corruption, Nigerians become far less corrupt and more successful. Case in point, Nigerian-Americans being the most educated group in America. We beat the Jewish Americans, Indian Americans, and Chinese Americans (very formidable groups with more numbers) to get that coveted tag.

So, easy on the blame tag there. Nigerians in the diaspora and Nigerians here are the same genetically. They just live under different rules and conditions. Which is why I said corruption is just a symptom.

Change the rules and the conditions, and corruption will slowly fizzle out (it wouldn't be easy, but it is possible).

And all I'm saying is that the critical step of sketching an actionable plan to formulate said rules and conditions is practically impossible because of the numerous interests championed by a bloated demography and ethnic bias. That's my theory. The theory may have holes, and that's why I posed the question.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by adegeye38(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
LordAdam7:

God will not help us.

This is not within his purview.

I never said that corruption is not an epidemic. But we must ask ourselves how did we get here, and why.

That is the question. Except we just want to be rabble-rousers and use the "corruption" buzzword as the sole scapegoat.

I maintain that corruption is the symptom of an underlying problem.

I don't want to write another long epistle. But when you have the kind of system Nigeria runs, the huge population, and the diversity in ethnicity and religion, you have the perfect recipe for corruption to thrive. The conditions are perfect for corruption to thrive.

It's why even when the whites come here to do business, they bend to our ways. Likewise when law-abiding Nigerians leave the shores and go to a place where the conditions are not suitable for corruption, Nigerians become far less corrupt and more successful. Case in point, Nigerian-Americans being the most educated group in America. We beat the Jewish Americans, Indian Americans, and Chinese Americans (very formidable groups with more numbers) to get that coveted tag.

So, easy on the blame tag there. Nigerians in the diaspora and Nigerians here are the same genetically. They just live under different rules and conditions. Which is why I said corruption is just a symptom.

Change the rules and the conditions, and corruption will slowly fizzle out (it wouldn't be easy, but it is possible).

And all I'm saying is that the critical step of sketching an actionable plan to formulate said rules and conditions is practically impossible because of the numerous interests championed by a bloated demography and ethnic bias. That's my theory. The theory may have holes, and that's why I posed the question.

-Lord
I understand your point ,now lets take a critical look at Nigeria now and what could be the solution

-Nigeria has Zero powerfull institutions that prevent corruption, unlike other countries, also the people has a peculiar problem.

-True Federalism wont make any difference, state Governors and their cabinets, would only buy more private jets and steal more billions

-Total disintegration, unlikely, but still wont solve the problem

The problem is with 180 million Nigerians, how do you change the total mindset, thinking, culture and habit of these people positively?

ITS AN IMPOSSIBLE JOB
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
adegeye38:

I understand your point ,now lets take a critical look at Nigeria now and what could be the solution

-Nigeria has Zero powerfull institutions that prevent corruption, unlike other countries, also the people has a peculiar problem.

-True Federalism wont make any difference, state Governors and their cabinets, would only buy more private jets and steal more billions

-Total disintegration, unlikely, but still wont solve the problem

The problem is with 180 million Nigerians, how do you change the total mindset, thinking, culture and habit of these people positively?

ITS AN IMPOSSIBLE JOB

You don't build powerful institutions by simply wishing them into existence.

Do you know when the mob bosses stopped overrunning the cities in America? Around 50 years ago. The US is 241 years old.

The EFCC and ICPC that are pretty much lap dogs for the ruling party may become more independent like the FBI and Scotland Yard in the future. So, we must be willing to work it out.

And it starts with changing the political structure. True federalism will make a difference. It might make the State Governors mini-emperors, but it'd also make them more accountable, because the focus will no longer be on Abuja, but state capitals that are within reach of every concerned constituent. The protests against Buhari of recent, there'll be many of them for states. And if the states handle it badly, the FG will move in.

Moreover, the split is more likely to be along geo-political lines (aka zones). I'm not saying it'll magically erode corruption, but it'll be a hell of a lot more stricter on corrupt practices than the current feeding bottle system. Even if the gains are worth only 20%, it's better than the shi**y 100% f**ked up mess we're dealing with now.

Plus there'll be increased competition. We'll channel our tribalism to better use. It'll be less about who gets federal appointments and infrastructure projects, and more about whose economy is attracting the most FDI and whose indices are improving the most. Regions like the SW and SE will not be held back by other regions. And if what we need in Nigeria is disproportionate development, so be it. After all, even in the US, there is a California (where everyone wants to be in) and there is a Wyoming (where some people cannot locate on a map).

You cannot flip a switch to "change the total mindset, thinking, culture and habit of these people positively." That's part of the problem. We want quick fixes.

So we expect to elect a President that'll get there and imprison all corrupt people and the country will start running fine again. Except... That's obviously not working. It will never work. It goes against every physical law in the Universe.

We are relying on steady progress. First with the creation of EFCC and ICPC. Then with introduction of BVN... Now there's whistle-blowing.

That's a natural, positive progression. Not an hurried, unrealistic, break-neck 1-click fix.

If you want to change Nigerians, that's going to take time (I'm talking decades). And we should be talking about changing our children or even grand-children. There's very little than can be done for the older and this generation. Thus, it's a long-term plan. One that starts with changing the political structure, that'd launch the drive for each ethnicity to develop newer innovation and solutions that's uniquely adaptable for them. That's the true representation of the apothegm, "strength in diversity."

When Awolowo launched Free Education in the SW, it was a huge success. The Premier of the Eastern Region tried to copy and it was an epic failure. If it was a federal thing, we'd be wasting tons of money trying to make it work every where, when that is simply not possible. That's just one example.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
When I see this, I just start weeping for our politicians that can only talk about wardrobe allowance.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by adegeye38(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
LordAdam7:

You don't build powerful institutions by simply wishing them into existence.

Do you know when the mob bosses stopped overrunning the cities in America? Around 50 years ago. The US is 241 years old.

The EFCC and ICPC that are pretty much lap dogs for the ruling party may become more independent like the FBI and Scotland Yard in the future. So, we must be willing to work it out.

And it starts with changing the political structure. True federalism will make a difference. It might make the State Governors mini-emperors, but it'd also make them more accountable, because the focus will no longer be on Abuja, but state capitals that are within reach of every concerned constituent. The protests against Buhari of recent, there'll be many of them for states. And if the states handle it badly, the FG will move in.

Moreover, the split is more likely to be along geo-political lines (aka zones). I'm not saying it'll magically erode corruption, but it'll be a hell of a lot more stricter on corrupt practices than the current feeding bottle system. Even if the gains are worth only 20%, it's better than the shi**y 100% f**ked up mess we're dealing with now.

Plus there'll be increased competition. We'll channel our tribalism to better use. It'll be less about who gets federal appointments and infrastructure projects, and more about whose economy is attracting the most FDI and whose indices are improving the most. Regions like the SW and SE will not be held back by other regions. And if what we need in Nigeria is disproportionate development, so be it. After all, even in the US, there is a California (where everyone wants to be in) and there is a Wyoming (where some people cannot locate on a map).

You cannot flip a switch to "change the total mindset, thinking, culture and habit of these people positively." That's part of the problem. We want quick fixes.

So we expect to elect a President that'll get there and imprison all corrupt people and the country will start running fine again. Except... That's obviously not working. It will never work. It goes against every physical law in the Universe.

We are relying on steady progress. First with the creation of EFCC and ICPC. Then with introduction of BVN... Now there's whistle-blowing.

That's a natural, positive progression. Not an hurried, unrealistic, break-neck 1-click fix.

If you want to change Nigerians, that's going to take time (I'm talking decades). And we should be talking about changing our children or even grand-children. There's very little than can be done for the older and this generation. Thus, it's a long-term plan. One that starts with changing the political structure, that'd launch the drive for each ethnicity to develop newer innovation and solutions that's uniquely adaptable for them. That's the true representation of the apothegm, "strength in diversity."

When Awolowo launched Free Education in the SW, it was a huge success. The Premier of the Eastern Region tried to copy and it was an epic failure. If it was a federal thing, we'd be wasting tons of money trying to make it work every where, when that is simply not possible. That's just one example.

-Lord
EFCC and ICPC are as good as useless, their role is not to prevent corruption but to come in after the act has taken place and there is somehow a mistake by the offender that could no longer be covered up, then they come, make some statements and thats the end of it, why?

Cos when a nation has powerfull individuals, but no powerful institution, corruption and crime will be rampant.

people in EFCC and ICPC are Nigerians, they are controled by the Federal government who are also Nigerians, so it all goes back to an average Nigerian

WITHOUT THE CHANGING OF THINKING, MINDSET, CULTURE, HABBIT OF THE PEOPLE, NOTHING WILL EVER WORK.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO BUILD STRONG INSTITUTIONS.
A COUNTRY WERE THE JUDICIARY IN DEEPLY ROOTED IN CORRUPTION.

If true federalism is established i dont think anything meaningfull will be achieved, cos there is virtually nothing that will prevent corruption in each state

corruption would NEVER be Reduce

It all goes back to the PEOPLE and the SOCIETY

POWER ONLY RESIDES WHERE THE PEOPLE BELIEVES IT RESIDES. simple

IF some powerful individuals are corrupt, but majority of the people aren't, The impact is very less felt and powerfull Institution can easily be built.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2017
adegeye38:

EFCC and ICPC are as good as useless, their role is not to prevent corruption but to come in after the act has taken place and there is somehow a mistake by the offender that could no longer be covered up, then they come, make some statements and thats the end of it, why?

Cos when a nation has powerfull individuals, but no powerful institution, corruption and crime will be rampant.

people in EFCC and ICPC are Nigerians, they are controled by the Federal government who are also Nigerians, so it all goes back to an average Nigerian

WITHOUT THE CHANGING OF THINKING, MINDSET, CULTURE, HABBIT OF THE PEOPLE, NOTHING WILL EVER WORK.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO BUILD STRONG INSTITUTIONS.
A COUNTRY WERE THE JUDICIARY IN DEEPLY ROOTED IN CORRUPTION.

If true federalism is established i dont think anything meaningfull will be achieved, cos there is virtually nothing that will prevent corruption in each state

corruption would NEVER be Reduce

It all goes back to the PEOPLE and the SOCIETY

POWER ONLY RESIDES WHERE THE PEOPLE BELIEVES IT RESIDES. simple

IF some powerful individuals are corrupt, but majority of the people aren't, The impact is very less felt and powerfull Institution can easily be built.

I don't think the situation is such that it cannot be remedied. Most of what we require are good decisions. And stop waiting for quick fixes.

Fixing Nigeria's corruption issue will take at least as long as it took us to get to this point (it's easier to destroy than to build). While it may seem insurmountable now, with good decisions things will slowly take shape.

My submission is that the population problem and ethnic diversity is hindering the ability to come up with these decisions.

-Lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Planning To Buy A Car? Contact Us On +2347011116171 For Detailed VIN Reports! / Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence / Pre-order anything from Korean and now United States only( Michigan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.