Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

How I Pay My School Fees From Selling Newspapers – 12-year Old Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Pay My School Fees From Selling Newspapers – 12-year Old Girl (552 Views)

12-Year-Old Delta Bride Married Off To An Old Man, Rescued In Edo / Dad Catches 12-Year-Old Daughter Having Sex, Beats Her Mercilessly / "My Husband Is Molesting Our 12-Year-Old Househelp" - Nigerian Woman (Screenshot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Pay My School Fees From Selling Newspapers – 12-year Old Girl by jtjohn(m): 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
A 12-year old girl has narrated how she hustled to pay her school fees off proceeds of sales made from newspapers.

The girl who identified herself as Vicky said she started selling newspapers at the age of nine while in Junior Secondary (JSS III).

Vicky said she made between N500 and N600 daily from her sales.

“I also gave the regular (daily) for N50.00 and sports newspaper for N20.00 to those who came here to read and return the paper and still sold the paper to those who wanted to buy,” Vicky said.

The teenager added that because her school runs two sessions, she attends the afternoon session which gives her enough time to make her sales in the morning before heading to school.

She added that many prominent Nigerians including the Cross Rivers state governor Ben Ayade.

“Many prominent people live in this area, commissioners, House of Assembly members, judges, businessmen and even the present governor of our state before he became governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, used to buy papers from me,” Vicky said.

Vicky said she wakes up as early as 5.30 am every morning to meet up with her sales daily.

She said she heads to Bassey Duke Street – the newspaper distribution point – to collect dailies there and proceeds to her stands to sell to waiting customers.

“If there is a breaking news, before I get here, people are waiting for me, but some days, especially during the rainy season, because of the bad roads, papers arrive here late, except during weekends whether bad road or no bad road, the van drivers do manage to get here on time since the papers are produced early,” she said.

“No,” Vicky answered on giving her money to her parents.

She said her proceeds to meet her school needs and pay her tuition.

She however, noted that on occasions where there is a financial emergency at home, she help her parents out with funds.

“I use the money to meet my school needs, but sometimes, I help at home when my parents ask me to, may be they have no immediate cash at that time.”

She also added that she was yet to decide if she would continue as a vendor after her education, although she confessed the business was quite lucrative.
http://www..ng/2017/02/14/pay-school-fees-selling-newspapers-12-year-old-girl/

Re: How I Pay My School Fees From Selling Newspapers – 12-year Old Girl by SexyNairalander: 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
booked
Re: How I Pay My School Fees From Selling Newspapers – 12-year Old Girl by jtjohn(m): 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked
Mr Booker T
Re: How I Pay My School Fees From Selling Newspapers – 12-year Old Girl by dingbang(m): 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
So what has the govt done to assist her?

(1) (Reply)

Before You Jump Into The Lagoon / Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? / Fundamentalism: A Beast That Must Be Killed In Every Nigerian Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.