Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF (630 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by Sagamite(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
My God!

We finally have people with brains in the NFA/NFF.

They have been impressing me with their almost faultless organisation and analysis so far.

[size=18pt] 'Amodu will be in South Africa'[/size]

Posted: 2009-12-06 09:35

Despite widespread calls for Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu to be replaced with a foreign Technical Adviser, the NFF have reiterated their stand that Amodu will definitely be in South Africa next year.

Influential executive committee member Taiwo Ogunjobi told KickOffNigeria.com in Cape Town that the much-maligned coach would be going nowhere as far as the federation is concerned.

"I can tell you for certain that Amodu will be at the World Cup in South Africa," Ogunjobi, flanked by NFF General Secretary Bolaji Ojo-Oba, Chief Media Officer Ademola Olajire and Head of Marketing Idris Adama, said.

Pressed to define what role the coach will play in South Africa, Ogunjobi was unequivocal that he would be the top man.

"He will not be going there as anybody's assistant, but as the man in charge."

Ogunjobi's declaration follows a ringing endorsement recently handed to the coach by the NFF board, who remain under pressure to hire a foreign technical adviser.

So far, the Glass House have refused to buckle, and Ogunjobi, who chairs the NFF Board's Technical Committee, says Nigerians should be proud to have Amodu in charge in South Africa.

"It is an African World Cup, being hosted in Africa and he is the only African coach leading a team there. We should be proud of him and support him to succeed rather than distracting him with talk of a foreign coach.

[size=16pt]"He has one of the best records in qualifying. Even some of those that they are calling to replace him have not done better than him. So why should we reward them for their failure, and punish him for his success."[/size]

Hiddink ko, Findink ni.

Scholari ko, Univerlari ni.

Amodu has the best ever record as SE coach (all white and black coaches included) and his tactical input is what changes games for us over and over and over again.

Amodu for ANC, and except he fails miserably there, Amodu for WC.
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by snowdrops(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
They probably could not afford to pay a foreign coach hence their new found romance with Amodu.
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by eddiebomba(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
This is to every one who is so skeptical about the chances of the Super eagles at the world cup in South Africa - if you think our team is bad, if you think amodu is not good, then you need to go north to a certain team of REAL chickens - tricolore style. I have several reasons why our team is, on current form, better than Raymond Domenech's les bleus:

1.  though both teams struggled to qualify, and have controversial coaches (as if having a controversial coach is ever a bad thing!),amodu has done a better job than domenech - he is one of only 8 coaches world wide that played the entire qualifiers and qualified unbeaten; france lost out on top spot to serbia

2.  nigeria qualified cleanly; france - well, u all know the shere-were game henry and fifa played on the brave Irish

3.  as if to buttress my point, France lost to a second string amodu-led Nigeria with almost all their stars on parade(who can forget IK uche and akpala of all people turning a whole evra, anelka, benzema et al into schoolboys

And you all say we should sack amodu? when he has results other teams would kill to have? i think not   angry angry angry

I maintain, and i will keep saying this -[size=8pt] NAIJA BETTER PAS FRANCE!!!![/size] - & WE DONT NEED A FOREIGN COACH - at least not now
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by omar22(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2009
This is to every one who is so skeptical about the chances of the Super eagles at the world cup in South Africa - if you think our team is bad, if you think amodu is not good, then you need to go north to a certain team of REAL chickens - tricolore style. I have several reasons why our team is, on current form, better than Raymond Domenech's les bleus:

Les Blues have leaders and Characters in the squad and real fighters,

Lord have mercy!!!! Amodu would make Diego Maradona look like Sir Alex Ferguson
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by supereagle(m): 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2009
Dear Sagamite, You are pro Amodu like myself. I admire the courage of Glass House wise men to swim and sink with Amodu. It is only in Africa they like punishing people for success and reward the failed. I hope you remember what Togo did to Keshi. May that not happen to our Amodu. Yar Dua's health is equally delaying the consideration of Maccini .
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by vicade(m): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2009
Sagamite:

Amodu has the best ever record as SE coach (all white and black coaches included) and his tactical input is what changes games for us over and over and over again.

Amodu for ANC, and except he fails miserably there, Amodu for WC.

Big Lie.

Westerhof has the best record

He won the Tunisia 94 Nations cup

Qualified Nigeria for its first World Cup with such ease and style

Managed a team that played some of the best football i have ever seen the super eagles play.

Under him the SE were ranked number 5 in the world in 1994

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=nga/ranking/gender=m/index.html
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
vicade:

Big Lie.

Westerhof has the best record

He won the Tunisia 94 Nations cup

Qualified Nigeria for its first World Cup with such ease and style

Managed a team that played some of the best football i have ever seen the super eagles play.

Under him the SE were ranked number 5 in the world in 1994

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=nga/ranking/gender=m/index.html

My friend, line up the games Westerhof has led SE in.

Under Amodu, in my own analysis of the competitive games he has led us in (WCQs and ANC games), he has won 16 out of 20, only ever lost 1 and that was after extra time not in 90 mins (vs Senegal in 2002).

According to Kickoff, he has only lost 1 game in 29 competitive matches.

How many games did we lose under Westerhof?

Off the top of my head, Algeria in 1990 twice, Ghana in 1992, Argentina and Italy in 1994? And all these FIVE GAMES were in 90 minutes.

And I have not even looked at qualifier matches.

So who has a better record? How many coaches in the world can beat that Amodu record?
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by cbjonstage(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2009
LETS FORGET ABOUT WORLD-CLASS COACH OR COACHES WHO HAS BEST RECORDS AND CONCENTRATE ON WHAT IS AT STAKE.

I THINK NIGERIANS DOESNT NID ANY FOREIGN COACH AT D MOMENT, COS TIME IS NOT ON OUR SIDE. LETS MAKE USE OF WAT WE HAVE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY AND SEE THE OUTCOME. XTIAN CHUKWU CAN BE INCLUDED IN D TECHNICAL TEAM
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2009
cbjonstage:

LETS FORGET ABOUT WORLD-CLASS COACH OR COACHES WHO HAS BEST RECORDS AND CONCENTRATE ON WHAT IS AT STAKE.

I THINK NIGERIANS DOESNT NID ANY FOREIGN COACH AT D MOMENT, COS TIME IS NOT ON OUR SIDE. LETS MAKE USE OF WAT WE HAVE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY AND SEE THE OUTCOME. XTIAN CHUKWU CAN BE INCLUDED IN D TECHNICAL TEAM

xtian chukwu ko, islamic chicken ni.

Useless coach.
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by vicade(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2009
Sagamite:

My friend, line up the games Westerhof has led SE in.

Under Amodu, in my own analysis of the competitive games he has led us in (WCQs and ANC games), he has won 16 out of 20, only ever lost 1 and that was after extra time not in 90 mins (vs Senegal in 2002).

According to Kickoff, he has only lost 1 game in 29 competitive matches.

How many games did we lose under Westerhof?

Off the top of my head, Algeria in 1990 twice, Ghana in 1992, Argentina and Italy in 1994? And all these FIVE GAMES were in 90 minutes.

And I have not even looked at qualifier matches.

So who has a better record? How many coaches in the world can beat that Amodu record?

How many trophies has Amodu won for Super Eagles ?

You Judge a good coach by Trophies not by How many matches lost or won or Unbeaten.
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by Iyineda(m): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
Sagamite:

"It is an African World Cup, being hosted in Africa and he is the only African coach leading a team there. We should be proud of him and support him to succeed rather than distracting him with talk of a foreign coach.

This made my eyes tear up a bit. cry

Sagamite:

Hiddink ko, Findink ni.

Scholari ko, Univerlari ni.

lmao rotfl XDD

Funny, but so true at the same time. ;>
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by ayusco: 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2009
Sagamite:

Useless coach.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dlmao
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by cbjonstage(m): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Useless coach.

UR RESPONSE GOES TO SHOW U ACCEPTED DAT AMODU POSITION REQUIRES FIELDING TECHNICAL HANDS EVEN IF XTIAN CHUKS WILL RUINED EVERYTHING, but i wonder d degree of uselessness of xtian chukwu u pointed here ?
Re: No Compromise, AMODU WILL Remain Boss of SE - NFF by Sagamite(m): 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2009
cbjonstage:

your RESPONSE GOES TO SHOW U ACCEPTED DAT AMODU POSITION REQUIRES FIELDING TECHNICAL HANDS EVEN IF XTIAN CHUKS WILL RUINED EVERYTHING, but i wonder d degree of uselessness of xtian chukwu u pointed here ?

You must be retarded!

vicade:

How many trophies has Amodu won for Super Eagles ?

You Judge a good coach by Trophies not by How many matches lost or won or Unbeaten.

Is it?

You are a genius!

Genius, so how do you compare coaches where one has the opportunity to lead teams to tournaments and the other does not?

And if that is the case, here is what Amodu has won as a coach:

Nigeria
6 Nigerian FA cup
1 Nigerian League championship

South Africa
1 South African FA Cup
1 South African Charity Cup
1 South African Top Eight Cup (best 8 teams in league KO cup)

Africa
1 African Intercontinental cup
1 African Super Cup

Now, Genius, list Westerhof's Trophies as a coach and lets compare.

(1) (Reply)

Togo Pulls Out Of Nations Cup. Should They Have Pulled Out? / My Egypt Shatters Ghana!(happening) / 2010 Africa Cup Nations Final Gallery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.