Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri (1244 Views)

Seven Corpers Were Intimidated By An Housa Teacher In Katsina,and Go Scot-free / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. / Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by tosinaded(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
saturday 26th september started on a bright note for a batch B female corper from cross river state currently serving in maiduguri, little did she know that it was going to be her final day of sojourn on earth. she was despoiled and killed in her neighbourhood.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2009/sept/30/newsbreak-30-09-2009-001.htm

this is not the end of the whole saga, as seven corpers who live around her neihbourhood have been arrested for over two weeks now without release at the police headquaters here in maiduguri.
the corpers were sent sms by NYSC to assemble at the camp for a brief meeting with the state coordinator, but to there surprise, they were handed over to the operation flush and taken directly to the police headquaters.

stories started flying around that it was just to question tghe corpers about the death of there fellow corper. But to ever since then the corpers have been locked up, for over 2weeks now!!!

the painful part is that when the corpers were visited, we had no choice than to shed tears, because they were being treated like criminals, being tortured all because they came to serve there fatherland.

is there any justice in this country

who will fight for this guys

what are we doing to help then

this is just pathetic and unfair angry
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by hollandis(f): 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
This is an unfortunate development.The corpers are paying for the mismanagement and misdirection of the police.Every suspect is innocent until proven otherwise,but locking them up is totally unacceptable.
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
why were the other corpers considered suspects in this case?
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by tosinaded(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
why were the other corpers considered suspects in this case?

trust the police to always find innocent suspects to cover there inneficiencies angry
and this guys are being totured everyday shocked

the painful part is that they are not even allowing them get bailed, claiming its a murder case and bla bla angry
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
tosinaded@:

trust the police to always find innocent suspects to cover there inneficiencies angry
and this guys are being totured everyday shocked

the painful part is that they are not even allowing them get bailed, claiming its a murder case and bla bla angry

they shouldnt be tortured of course, but was there evidence linking some of them to the crime?

regardless, they do have the right to a lawyer.
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by tosinaded(m): 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
tpia.:

they shouldnt be tortured of course, but was there evidence linking some of them to the crime?

regardless, they do have the right to a lawyer.

too bad there is no justice in nigeria!!!
even the Nysc that is meant to plead for them, are the one who handed them over to the police
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 08, 2009
tosinaded@:

too bad there is no justice in nigeria!!!
even the Nysc that is meant to plead for them, are the one who handed them over to the police

is there evidence linking them to the crime?

why are they considered suspects?
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by tosinaded(m): 12:11pm On Dec 08, 2009
[size=18pt]please i need this thread on the front page!!!!
its a serious issue here, corpers on national assignment are sufffering in prison for nothing and Nobody is doing anytn about it!!!!

seun pls put this on the front page!!!
this thursday makes it 3weeks since there arrest
[/size]
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by mrperfect(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
I think they have right to lawyers. And more details are needed, i:e do they have any link to the crime in question? why were they only ones handed over to the police and how did it really involved them?
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by tosinaded(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2009
thats a link to the crime sad
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2009/sept/30/newsbreak-30-09-2009-001.htm

why were they only ones handed over to the police and how did it really involved them?

they live in the same vicinity as the murdered girl. The funny part is that they didnt even bother arresting the indigenes living with them shocked
why the corpers is because no1 can fight for them??

i wish i could get pics or audios but, it aint possible cos u are only allowed to see them without any phones or recordable devices
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by ud4u: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2009
This is injustice and man's inhumanity to man so long as they have not been proven guilty.
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by chosen04(f): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2009
I can bet my money that non of the accused 7 corpers are from the northern part of this country. Its what we get when we insist on "ONE NIGERIA".
The essence of the whole game is to make the death of GRACE like as if it was committed by her fellow corpers and not the islamist extremist who raped before killing her cos she wore NYSC service trouser.

*******This is man's inhumanity to man******. Very soon they will get contrary confession from them using the nigerian police FORCE method.

I weep for this country.
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by tosinaded(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2009
I can bet my money that non of the accused 7 corpers are from the northern part of this country. Its what we get when we insist on "ONE NIGERIA".
The essence of the whole game is to make the death of GRACE like as if it was committed by her fellow corpers and not the islamist extremist who despoiled before killing her cos she wore NYSC service trouser.

*******This is man's inhumanity to man******. Very soon they will get contrary confession from them using the nigerian police FORCE method.

u know thats wut i fear the most!!
imagine them being convicted for a crime they didnt commit, we know the sentence angry
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2009
if she was raped and killed by islamist extremists because she was wearing NYSC gear, why did they single her out?

doesnt make sense.
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by tosinaded(m): 11:39am On Dec 12, 2009
dertained corpers finally released yesterday evening!!!
twas celebration all the way by borno state corpers smiley
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by mrperfect(m): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2009
Glad to know this.
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by 9jaonibaje(m): 5:10am On Dec 22, 2009
Why was it dat it was only rhe seven of them dat was picked on and not the entire neighbourhood? I served in Borno and i now how coppers are being respected. So It's likely somtin is connecting dem wif the case.
Re: Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri by oge4real(f): 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2009
9ja onibaje:

Why was it dat it was only rhe seven of them dat was picked on and not the entire neighbourhood? I served in Borno and i now how coppers are being respected. So It's likely somtin is connecting dem wif the case.
word.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True Dat Those That Passed Through Remedialsc Are Not Going For Service!!! / . / 5 Must- Have For Every Prospective Corp Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.