Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters (16716 Views)

Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Nigerian Railway Corporation Allegedly Hired 3 NAF Helicopters To Guard Train / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by leofab(f): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2017
Is this how APC planned to start up a national carrier ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by chizzy084: 11:03am On Feb 15, 2017
Non of my business
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by Tyche(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2017
I remember when Odengengene contested for Enugu East senatorial district against Chimaroke Nnamani
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2017
stagger:
When you have airlines who run the companies like their private homes (Ibru family and Aero) instead of like a true business, then AMCON has a right to take them over. How come airlines are owing billions of Naira to banks while their top management are living very opulent lifestyles? Business owners should live within the incomes of their businesses for them to survive.

Aero contractors went down because the CBN under Sanusi declared their loan from Oceanic (a subsidiary of Ibru group as well ) did not follow due process.

The airline was mandated to pay back all the money borrowed from Oceanic in a shorter time period originally entered with the bank.

This is why Aero introduced cheap advance booking to pay off Oceanic bank debt.

This did nothing in stopping Oceanic bank from going under as Sanusi put the bank on the chopping board.

And for your info, Aero contractors remain the oldest airline in Nigeria (since 1953) until Sanusi abused his office to destroy the Ibru business dynasty out of sheer envy and bigotry. "How dare an infidel be so rich in Nijeriya"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by holluwai(m): 11:06am On Feb 15, 2017
and who are "we"?

I really dont understand your frustration but regardless its less of my business.
You can shove your opinion down your throat.

maclatunji:

Even when you are experiencing growth, some businesses still file for bankruptcy. People should stop analyzing like they did not pass common entrance exams in primary school without cheating.

It is not about your post alone but thousands we have read over time.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 11:07am On Feb 15, 2017
Northerners be using AMCON to forcefully take over southern businesses or bankrupt them.

Now that's a fact!

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by duni04(m): 11:08am On Feb 15, 2017
This take over has nothing to do with recession. These people simply borrowed money from banks and refused to apply the loans for the purpose they were taken. They used the loans to carry girls and contest for governorship in their States. They probably thought they would do the usual and the banks would just write off the loans without hounding them. That "eat your cake and have it" mentality is dying gradually thanks to AMCON.
If you take any loan from the bank and use the money to carry girls, just know that AMCON will buy that debt from the bank and take over your business, like pulling the rug from under your feet.
We're no longer in the era of the ineffectual Buffon.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by keniolawumi56(m): 11:15am On Feb 15, 2017
Thunder fire AMCON, tell me a company AMCON took over and later made it. They only comes in and did the final burial of dying companies. Oceanic and aero contractor are good examples.

4 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2017
duni04:
This take over has nothing to do with recession. These people simply borrowed money from banks and refused to apply the loans for the purpose they were taken. They used the loans to carry girls and contest for governorship in their States. They probably thought they would do the usual and the banks would just write off the loans without hounding them. That "eat your cake and have it" mentality is dying gradually thanks to AMCON.
If you take any loan from the bank and use the money to carry girls, just know that AMCON will buy that debt from the bank and take over your business, like pulling the rug from under your feet.
We're no longer in the era of the ineffectual Buffon.

Shut up!

Passenger traffic has dropped sharply due to the poor economy.

Bank loans drawn as down payments to procure aircrafts and spare parts were made out in dollars.

Niara crashes by over 300% and passenger numbers drop sharply and you still blame the airline management?

Even fuel cost has increased plus govt taxes and levies and you still blame the airline?

Why do you zombies like deceiving yourselves?

4 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 11:16am On Feb 15, 2017
keniolawumi56:
Thunder fire AMCON, tell me a company AMCON took over and later made it. They only comes in and did the final burial of dying companies. Oceanic and aero contractor are good examples.

AMCON is used by northerners to destroy southern business.

How can unity bank still be operational and Oceanic went down?

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by tommysparks: 11:18am On Feb 15, 2017
So Amcon good like this in taking over and Nigeria can not even manage one Asset. I really don't understand
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by JacksonD7: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2017
Agimor:
Effects of Bubu inefficiency rather.

Thank you brother, you said it better than me.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by JacksonD7: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

You mean full blown depression.

Airline industry is the first sector of any economy to feel the effects of an economic slump or gain.
As air travel is directly related to economic activity.

If we're here now then I wonder where we'll be in 2019.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 11:24am On Feb 15, 2017
JacksonD7:

If we're here now then I wonder where we'll be in 2019.

Zimbabwe and Venezuela combined comes to mind
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by JacksonD7: 11:29am On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Zimbabwe and Venezuela combined comes to mind

I pray it doesn't get to that stage cause if it does I'm packing my bags and moving to Cape Verde or some other Atlantic island.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2017
JacksonD7:

I pray it doesn't get to that stage cause if it does I'm packing my bags and moving to Cape Verde or some other Atlantic island.

The south (especially the SS/SE) has all it takes to be a vibrant prosperous and peaceful nation.

Instead of running away from our country we need to consider seriously taking back our destinies from these parasites from the north by seeking a separate state.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by luvinhubby(m): 11:41am On Feb 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
That man jonadumbfuck would always feature in every bad news in this country. What a curse to humanity.

Are you hallucinating or what ?
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by omenkaLives(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2017
luvinhubby:

Are you hallucinating or what ?
Baba, customer dey door. Go sell steering hub abeg.

Bye.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by mfm04622: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2017
holluwai:
but a thread below says the economy was recovering in full speed...LOL

The economy may be recovering but some companies may still go under while things are getting better.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by Bujumbura(m): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
That man jonadumbfuck would always feature in every bad news in this country. What a curse to humanity.
seriously that breakup is really affecting you.

Lonely Valentine yday

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by holluwai(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2017
well, hope it all gets better.

mfm04622:

The economy may be recovering but some companies may still go under while things are getting better.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
In 1984 many airlines folded up under the poor leadership of Buhari so I am not suprised

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by jossy4joseph(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
Buhari economic effects
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by louqas: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
In 1984 many airlines folded up under the poor leadership of Buhari so I am not suprised

Keep quiet Kid........... you are an apology to the real owner of the moniker you are using.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by louqas: 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
bestman09:
Who will be next? Very soon AMCON will take over every business, but the question is will they manage them well? Will people not lose their jobs?
Is this the ONLY way to turn around the fortunes of these businesses

Why not make research on companies that had previously been taken over by AMCON before coming Here to rant ignorantly. AMCON is rescuing these companies because of huge losses and businesses doing fine are not touched .
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by SalamRushdie: 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
louqas:

Keep quiet Kid........... you are an apology to the real owner of the moniker you are using.

Keep fooling yourself Sir
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by duni04(m): 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Shut up!

Passenger traffic has dropped sharply due to the poor economy.

Bank loans drawn as down payments to procure aircrafts and spare parts were made out in dollars.

Niara crashes by over 300% and passenger numbers drop sharply and you still blame the airline management?

Even fuel cost has increased plus govt taxes and levies and you still blame the airline?

Why do you zombies like deceiving yourselves?
Oga stop chasing shadows. Let's be factual and specific. Why did AMCON take over the airlines? They refused to service the bad loans they took from the banks, banks that sold these debts to AMCON. Last week, the Nigerian aviation round table and AMCON itself released a statement on why Arik Air was taken over by AMCON. Arik stopped servicing its over N130 billion debt to AMCON and the EFCC even had to be called in so Mr Aruremi Johnson, the owner of the Airline would explain what he used the loan for as there was nothing on ground to indicate the money was applied to the airline. Those are the facts. I haven't stated anything political, just plain facts. Continue deluding yourself with all this zombie and wailer nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by osewanu(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
stagger:
When you have airlines who run the companies like their private homes (Ibru family and Aero) instead of like a true business, then AMCON has a right to take them over. How come airlines are owing billions of Naira to banks while their top management are living very opulent lifestyles? Business owners should live within the incomes of their businesses for them to survive.
A case in point Caverton. Salaries are always about 3 months behind while the owner and his children live large. He takes company helicopter to play polo in Ibadan!
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by louqas: 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Keep fooling yourself Sir

Desecrating the name of a great man isn't polite ........ so just change that moniker whether I'm fooling myself or you are fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by SalamRushdie: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
louqas:

Desecrating the name of a great man isn't polite ........ so just change that moniker whether I'm fooling myself or you are fooling yourself.

If you can read well you will notice that no other person bears this name... For your info SalamRushdie is different from Salman Rushdie so don't come here and talk about a man you don't even know how to spell his name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa / It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada / FG To Merge Arik, Aero As National Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.