Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters (16718 Views)

Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Nigerian Railway Corporation Allegedly Hired 3 NAF Helicopters To Guard Train / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by masseratti: 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Don't twist sh1t.

I never mentioned military juntas occupying state house only Shagari.

So stop trying to find an easy exit
easy exit,enjoy abeg.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
masseratti:
easy exit,enjoy abeg.

Olofo can you tell me where Shagari's official residence as executive president was from 1979 -1983?

I await your response
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
masseratti:
easy exit,enjoy abeg.

I am still waiting for you to educate me
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by masseratti: 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Olofo can you tell me where Shagari's official residence as executive president was from 1979 -1983?

I await your response
you said he prefer to work and live in ikoyi right? I asked you 1st,bad thing about internet once u post you cant erase.so let me ask you again,where did he worked and lived in ikoyi?
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by masseratti: 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

I await your response
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by NuclearWinter: 7:01pm On Feb 15, 2017
masseratti:
you said he prefer to work and live in ikoyi right? I asked you 1st,bad thing about internet once u post you cant erase.so let me ask you again,where did he worked and lived in ikoyi?

Definitely not Dodan Barracks!

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by Bestbeelieve: 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
SOMETHING IS FISHY WITH ALL THIS TAKE OVER!!!!! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BAIL OUT FUNDING!!!! IS IT NOT THE USELESS POLICIES OF THE APC LED GOVERNMENT THAT HAS LED TO THE HARSH OPERATING ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by masseratti: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Definitely not Dodan Barracks!
the place no get name?
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by naptu2: 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

So Shagari operated from the barracks?

State House Marina was the residence of the head of state of Nigeria from colonial times until 1967.

On the eve of the civil war, General Gowon tasked Joe Garba and Murtala Muhammad with finding a new residence for the head of state, because he felt that Marina was not safe. (Major General Ironsi, who was head of state before Gowon, also felt that Marina was not safe, so he used to sleep in a naval gunboat at night).

Joe Garba and Murtala Muhammad selected State House, Ribadu Road, the residence of the Minister of Defence, as the new residence of the head of state. Parts of Ribadu Road were closed to the public, in order to extend the complex.

Note, State House Ribadu Road is not in Dodan Barracks. It is beside it. However, journalists started calling it Dodan Barracks and the name stuck.

The presidency was at State House Ribadu Road from 1967-1991. The vice president's office, the council chambers, etc where at Ribadu Road.

Meanwhile, Shagari was not even in Lagos when the coup occurred. Assignment for you: Where was Shagari?

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by naptu2: 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

I await your response

President Shehu Aliyu Usman Shagari swearing in Mrs Elizabeth Evase as the new minister of state for education at the Council Chambers, State House Ribadu Road. Beside the president is the vice president, Dr Alex Ekuweme.

Another assignment for you. Where did Ekwueme live?

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by naptu2: 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

I await your response

This is not from any book. This is my personal experience.

Two of the longest motorcade i've ever seen.

1) Pope John Paul came to Nigeria in 1982. On the last day of his visit, Shagari used the Ribadu Road gate on his way to the airport. However, his return to Dodan Barracks was unusual.

He used the Obalende Road gate on his way back and I guess he had guests with him, because that motorcade was one of the longest i've ever seen.

2) President Babangida was going to Sokoto for a state visit in 1989. The police and soldiers had closed off Awolowo Road since 7pm. Then at 10 o'clock I heard it. Sirens from Ribadu Road to Onikan. This went on from 10pm till around 11:15. There was a short break when the limo and state cars were going past, but the sirens resumed immediately after.

Another assignment for you. How many gates are at State House, Ribadu Road?

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by naptu2: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
NuclearWinter:

I await your response

Another assignment. What did Sunday Adewusi put at Mopol 2, Keffi Street (behind state house and beside Dodan Barracks) for President Shagari. Those things are often rumoured (especially among civilians and other ranks) as being one of the reasons for the coup (although they are not really the reason for the coup).
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by arsenal33: 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

When Buhari took over from Shagari he inherited a Nigeria Airways which was then the biggest airline in Africa and the middle east with 33 operational aircraft but under Buhari's poor leadership 15 months later the same airline would cut over a thousand jobs and was reduced to a 6 aircraft airline from where it never ever recovered ..

In 1984 many airlines folded up under the poor leadership of Buhari so I am not suprised.

many airlines
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by masseratti: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
naptu2:

State House Marina was the residence of the head of state of Nigeria from colonial times until 1967.

On the eve of the civil war, General Gowon tasked Joe Garba and Murtala Muhammad with finding a new residence for the head of state, because he felt that Marina was not safe. (Major General Ironsi, who was head of state before Gowon, also felt that Marina was not safe, so he used to sleep in a naval gunboat at night).

Joe Garba and Murtala Muhammad selected State House, Ribadu Road, the residence of the Minister of Defence, as the new residence of the head of state. Parts of Ribadu Road were closed to the public, in order to extend the complex.

Note, State House Ribadu Road is not in Dodan Barracks. It is beside it. However, journalists started calling it Dodan Barracks and the name stuck.

The presidency was at State House Ribadu Road from 1967-1991. The vice president's office, the council chambers, etc where at Ribadu Road.

Meanwhile, Shagari was not even in Lagos when the coup occurred. Assignment for you: Where was Shagari? nuclearwinter come and learning

take the boy to.school bro,
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by masseratti: 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2017
naptu2:

Meanwhile, Shagari was not even in Lagos when the coup occurred. Assignment for you: Where was Shagari?

take him to school bro,nuclearwinter come oooo,answer the questions.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by masseratti: 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2017
naptu2:

take him to school bro,nuclearwinter come oooo,come and learn.
Re: AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters by SalamRushdie: 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
arsenal33:

In 1984 many airlines folded up under the poor leadership of Buhari so I am not suprised.

many airlines

Nigeria airways is equivalent to many Na grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa / FG To Merge Arik, Aero As National Carrier / Truck Falls On Car, Claims Three Lives In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.