Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Most Powerful Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Powerful Prayers (1215 Views)

Say These Powerful Prayers After You Wake Up Today / The Most Powerful Spiritual Native Doctor In Africa / The Most Powerful Herbalist And Native Doctor In Nigeria Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 10:56am On Feb 15, 2017
my fellow. nairalanders ...today we have so many different religion s and beliefs.. some people are even confused about which religion to fit in and the best prayer ever,.. to pray in times of need ..
For me the heart is the only place we can feel ,see and communicate to God..PRONOUNCING THE NAME "JESUS" WTH FAITH ,HUMBLE AND CONTRITE HEART ,...is the best prayer ever for every situation.. pls feel free to share your own best prayers..stay tuned.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
Godelohia:
my fellow. nairalanders ...today we have so many different religion s and beliefs.. some people are even confused about which religion to fit in and the best prayer ever,.. to pray in times of need ..
For me the heart is the only place we can feel ,see and communicate to God..PRONOUNCING THE NAME "JESUS" WTH FAITH ,HUMBLE AND CONTRITE HEART ,...is the best prayer ever for every situation.. pls feel free to share your own best prayers..stay tuned.

Hi,
To me, the most powerful prayers (and the ones which Jesus answers) are the ones that you come to Jesus boldly yet humbly and with true sincerity (basically what you said). But we must remember that the Lord answers prayer...but sometimes not in the way in which we expect. Sometimes when one is praying and feels helpless...all one can say is, "Jesus I believe, but help my unbelief". Or "Jesus, please help me". Or "Jesus, I can't". Sometimes that's all one can utter because the heart is so overwhelmed. And that's all that needs to be said.
The Lord knows the deep recesses of the heart...He knows the groanings that we sometimes just can't express.
Also prayers that praise God also cause Him to move on one's behalf.
I'm finding that faith prayers....(which include truly believing and calling things that haven't happened yet as though they have happened) are very powerful. Now there are conditions to receiving answered prayer, however if one has been sincerely living a life that's pleasing to God, then expect God to move. It only takes a mustard seed of faith.
Prayers don't have to include putting on a show---meaning screaming and hollering. It's necessary to be sincere...humble...and obedient.

1 Like

Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 9:34am On Feb 16, 2017
Thanks ,this is really motivating, Yes praising even in our most hard times or in our greatest need ..causes him move on our behalf...This means that all our heart desires Will be amply fulfilled, if we praise and adore him through the name of Jesus ,everything becomes easy for us.......
Jesus is the only safe channel through which our prayers to GOD.. JESUS is the king of heavenly Jerusalem.. When praying to God we should invoke the most powerful names of the lamb , so that he will intercede for us...Theses name s are;
The crucified Messiah
Hanged redeemer
Ever living passover lamb
The word of sacred communion
The sacrificial fire
Passionate God
Atoning God
Sounds of seven trumpet
Most holy body and blood
King of heavenly Jerusalem
Testament God
Lion of the tribe of Judah..
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi,
To me, the most powerful prayers (and the ones which Jesus answers) are the ones that you come to Jesus boldly yet humbly and with true sincerity (basically what you said). But we must remember that the Lord answers prayer...but sometimes not in the way in which we expect. Sometimes when one is praying and feels helpless...all one can say is, "Jesus I believe, but help my unbelief". Or "Jesus, please help me". Or "Jesus, I can't". Sometimes that's all one can utter because the heart is so overwhelmed. And that's all that needs to be said.
The Lord knows the deep recesses of the heart...He knows the groanings that we sometimes just can't express.
Also prayers that praise God also cause Him to move on one's behalf.
I'm finding that faith prayers....(which include truly believing and calling things that haven't happened yet as though they have happened) are very powerful. Now there are conditions to receiving answered prayer, however if one has been sincerely living a life that's pleasing to God, then expect God to move. It only takes a mustard seed of faith.
Prayers don't have to include putting on a show---meaning screaming and hollering. It's necessary to be sincere...humble...and obedient.

" JESUS I BELIEVE BUT HELP MY UNBELIEF"
I love this.. can't stop memorizing it..it's really wonderful.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
Call unto God with praises, fasting and a crying heart ..and you will see him by your side..He never fails to grant the needs of the Righteous ones.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Godelohia:

" JESUS I BELIEVE BUT HELP MY UNBELIEF"
I love this.. can't stop memorizing it..it's really wonderful.

Yes...it's simple yet powerful. I took that from Mark 9:14-29 dealing with the father of the boy with an evil spirit who pleaded with Jesus to deliver his son.
"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief. Mark 9:24
And you know Jesus moved on behalf of the father due to the man's sincerity and humility.
I really love that phrase.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
MZLady39:

Yes...it's simple yet powerful. I took that from Mark 9:14-29 dealing with the father of the boy with an evil spirit who pleaded with Jesus to deliver his son.
"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief. Mark 9:24
And you know Jesus moved on behalf of the father due to the man's sincerity and humility.
I really love that phrase.
I could just add it up in my prayers...
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by lepasharon(f): 6:28am On Feb 17, 2017
OP you just set urself up. You mean to say prayers arent powerful on their own, what's the diff btw prayers and powerful prayers?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by GodsMopol: 7:55am On Feb 17, 2017
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

The amplified translation of James talks about the heart been engaged in our prayer, and this one also says, meekness, ability to come with a sincere attitude. Paul spoke about attending to the Lord without distraction

AMP:Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

1 Corinthians 7:35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
GodsMopol:
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

The amplified translation of James talks about the heart been engaged in our prayer, and this one also says, meekness, ability to come with a sincere attitude. Paul spoke about attending to the Lord without distraction

AMP:Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

1 Corinthians 7:35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.
very very interesting..
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
lepasharon:
OP you just set urself up. You mean to say prayers arent powerful on their own, what's the diff btw prayers and powerful prayers?
We are the sum totals of what we do..our sins deprives us a lot..we all know God answers all prayers but we must be like the little children (our faiths) and asks through the name of Jesus ,..with a humble and contrite heart..( here comes the energy and power needed to generate a more effective prayer).. We need a remission for our sins.It is hard to believe.. girl.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
We don't just open our mouths and pray,..we pray to generate a strong link to God..We pray to move God especially praying with praises ..it's not just powerful but God knows..
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by lepasharon(f): 4:00am On Feb 18, 2017
Godelohia:
We are the sum totals of what we do..our sins deprives us a lot..we all know God answers all prayers but we must be like the little children (our faiths) and asks through the name of Jesus ,..with a humble and contrite heart..( here comes the energy and power needed to generate a more effective prayer).. We need a remission for our sins.It is hard to believe.. girl.

How did you answer my question.

What's the diff btw prayers and powerful prayers? Are all prayers not powerful on their own?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayers by Godelohia(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:

How did you answer my question.

What's the diff btw prayers and powerful prayers? Are all prayers not powerful on their own?
Try to understand simply explanations.."God answers all prayers meaning all prayers are powerful"but we need to make it more powerful for a quick and strong move...This Will help to uproot the obstacles that might hinder our prayers from being answered .at all....Obstacles like sin, satanic wishes, and love for the material world..Understand

(1) (Reply)

Do Americans Need God? / Any Omnist On Nairaland? / Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria Has Highest Church Attendance World Over"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.