Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen (1638 Views)

US Used Dell 2-in-1 Touch laptop Available For Sale / Check Out Hp Envy 17t Touch Laptop With 16GB RAM, 1TB Hard-drive And 8hrs Video / We Sell Perfectly Working Fairly Used Laptop's screen, hard drive, ram etc here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen by TechLector: 11:09am On Feb 15, 2017
Do you fancy the idea of turning your non-touch laptop screen into a touch screen capable of all the gestures found on laptop displays with touchscreen? Yes, you can. This might sound like fiction to your ears, but it is actually possible with technology. A company saw this need and invented a device which they called “AirBar” that can instantly transform your laptop screen into a touch screen.

Technical specifications of the AirBar

Width: 5 mm
Length: 373 mm
Height: 17 mm (require 20mm mounting surface for 3 mm between AirBar and display)
Cable length: 243 mm
Weight: 55g
Display supported: maximum of 15.6”, with a 16:9 aspect ratio, can also work with 11.6″, 13.3″ and 14″ screens

How does the AirBar works?

The Airbar is a piece of magnetic strip that you can attach to your laptop, giving it touchscreen capabilities. Neonode Inc –the manufacturers of AirBar – say that the AirBar works its wonders by projecting an invisible field of light on the surface of your display making it possible to interact with the screen as if it was a native touchscreen. It gives your screen the capability to understand Windows 8 and 10 touch screen gestures.

They explained on their website –www.air.bar – that this innovation is made possible with their zForce AIRTM technology, which can be used for really cool stuffs. The AirBar allows you to use virtually any material on your PC display to interact with it; whether you are using painting brushes or you are wearing gloves on your hands, your screen still responds to the touches.

How to use the AirBar device to instantly transform your laptop screen into a touch screen

The device is a plug-and-touch device not needing any installations or calibrations to work; all you need to do is to attach the AirBar to your laptop and plug into a USB port and you are good to go.

However, ensure that you mount the bar straight from one edge of your laptop to the other and plug the AirBar into a USB port.
Caveat: your PC must be running on Windows 8 or Windows 10 or the ChromeOS to use the AirBar.

Conclusion

With only $79 you can transform your laptop screen into a touch-screen with this amazing piece of technology and it is simple to setup and use not requiring any technical know-how. To order an AirBar, simply log on to their website onwww.air.bar. This device is also available for Macbook Air users but not for other Macbooks.

source: https://techlector.com/turn-any-non-touch-laptop-screen-into-a-touch-screen/

Re: How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 15, 2017
Really impressive for just $79.

I still prefer my mouse and keyboard though.
Re: How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen by finalboss(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2017
wow.. I need my Asus to do this..
Re: How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen by Adebayolove(m): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
This is wow.
Re: How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
Great one
Re: How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen by TechLector: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2017
finalboss:

This can work on any PC
Re: How To Turn Any Non-touch Laptop Screen Into A Touch Screen by emamos: 9:07am On Feb 16, 2017
finalboss:
pls n pls sir,just get a tym to read d mail i sent to u pls since last wk which i av been calling ur attention to it..

(1) (Reply)

Best 10 VPN Software For PC / I Need Laptop Recommendations / Urgent Help: How Can I Pay For Aweber Or Getresponse Email Marketing Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.