Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

My Tv HDMI Port - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Tv HDMI Port (1176 Views)

Downloaded A Movie, It Plays On My Phone But Doesn't Play On My Tv / No Video Display From Dstv Now To My Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tv HDMI Port by somehowpenis(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2017
I have no idea the right section to post this, but can an LG tv hdmi port be repaired or changed without changing any board or panel? Mine started acting up like 3 days ago, it would be working then all of a sudden start distorting/ flickering , I tried other ports and they are all doing the same thing, while other things are working properly, my USB, my AV chords are all working except the HDMI. What can be done?

It's a LED LG 70-inch
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by rottennaija(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
Yes. It can be changed.

Today's electronics are modular in nation. It will have to be replaced from another TV and you may pay much for it
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by somehowpenis(m): 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
rottennaija:
Yes. It can be changed.

Today's electronics are modular in nation. It will have to be replaced from another TV and you may pay much for it
like how much might I have to pay for it? HDMI ports can not be bought separately right?
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by Simeony007(m): 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
Do a self test before you attempt taking your tv to any Repairer eg test it with 2 different working HDMI cables then if problem persist look for a good repairer.
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by TellBlazer(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
You can buy a converter.
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by somehowpenis(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
Simeony007:
Do a self test before you attempt taking your tv to any Repairer eg test it with 2 different working HDMI cables then if problem persist look for a good repairer.
i have done that, tested it with the HDMI cable that came with it and another that came with my other TVs, I think it's the port itself .
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by somehowpenis(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
TellBlazer:
You can buy a converter.
converter? Tell me more about it.
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by rottennaija(m): 3:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
like how much might I have to pay for it? HDMI ports can not be bought separately right?

Yes. Its a module, it is mostly like a board, it will likely come with other ports like av ports, USB ports and others. As for the price, I don't knw. But it may be close to 20k
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by somehowpenis(m): 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2017
Update , took it to repairs after a series of brushing my hdmi port, , Found out it's from the cables, they are faulty. Shaky.
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by myboy2010(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
contact me on 08099841221 to get it done for you
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by Bossman(m): 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
It's good that you found out that it was not the port. I was just about to post that you should make sure before taking it in for repairs. The probability of the HDMI port going bad is very slim. Only in the rare case of a direct lightening hit to the house/electronics (at least here in the US) have I heard of the HDMI port going bad.
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by somehowpenis(m): 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
Bossman:
It's good that you found out that it was not the port. I was just about to post that you should make sure before taking it in for repairs. The probability of the HDMI port going bad is very slim. Only in the rare case of a direct lightening hit to the house/electronics (at least here in the US) have I heard of the HDMI port going bad.
thanks man, they do get bad, it's all over YouTube, but those times it's a fault of the CHIP , I think they solve the issue by heating up the chip and it serves for another month.
Re: My Tv HDMI Port by somehowpenis(m): 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
Update:: incase any one experiences such I found out the real culprit of my hdmi issue, it wasn't even the cable, I bought a new cable and it happened after awhile, I then decided to set my xbox one and pc one resolution to permanently stay on 1080p instead of auto switching between 720p and 1080p and it seems like it's been automatically fixed. Been playing video game for about 2hours now and I am yet to experience any flicker

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 / Top 10 Smartphone Brands In The World In 2017 / Make Over 100K Monthly Fixing Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.