Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 (126518 Views)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 0) On 13th March 2017 / Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (1 - 5) On 7th March 2017 / Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th March 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by coded01: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by davidif: 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
lolawilliams:

Lol. I don't know much about football. The 3 goals were scored within 7mins. Was it the coach's fault or the players fault?

The coaches fault for sure. He didn't set them up to succeed in the beginning. He thought since he had a 4 goal lead in aggregate going into the game (they beat Barcelona 4-0 in the previous game) that he could just sit on that lead by playing in a defensive posture as supposed to being proactive and being more attack (offensive) minded.
Unfortunately, Barcelona is not that team that you can do that and get away with. Before halftime Barca had already scored twice cutting the deficit in half (4-2 in aggregate).

It wasn't until half time that he decided to change his approach and take the game to Barcelona instead of sitting back to consolidate his lead but by then Barca could already smell blood and at times thats the only thing a team playing at home needs: hope.
Mix that with the fact that PSG missed chances to put the game beyond reach but couldn't.

Morale of the story is that when you have your opponent on the ground crush them. Don't let them linger around while you have the momentum. Step on their neck and finish them off cos if momentum turns on their favor you would come to regret it because momentum is a very difficult thing to stop especially when it turns against you. It's almost like trying to stop an avalanche.
Lesson number 2: "do what brung you here" in simpler terms, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If something works for you, don't change it. Don't try to over think things and over complicate them. If a strategy brought you a 4- 0 victory against Barcelona in the first leg why change it? Let Barca prove that they can stop it first before you even consider changing. This is something that would haunt those players for a long time.

5 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by coded01: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
To think Luis Enrique insisted barca could score six b4 d game... cool
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by Omotaday(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2017
Gozmok112:
hmmmmmmm.... No
Hmmm, because i am not a Chelsea fan, i guess. Very unfair sad sad angry
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by lolawilliams(f): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
davidif:

The coaches fault for sure. He didn't set them up to succeed in the beginning. He thought since he had a 4 goal lead in aggregate going into the game (they beat Barcelona 4-0 in the previous game) that he could just sit on that lead by playing in a defensive posture as supposed to being proactive and being more attack (offensive) minded.
Unfortunately, Barcelona is not that team that you can do that and get away with. Before halftime Barca had already scored twice cutting the deficit in half (4-2 in aggregate).

It wasn't until half time that he decided to change his approach and take the game to Barcelona instead of sitting back to consolidate his lead but by then Barca could already smell blood and at times thats the only thing a team playing at home needs: hope.
Mix that with the fact that PSG missed chances to put the game beyond reach but couldn't.

Morale of the story is that when you have your opponent on the ground crush them. Don't let them linger around or wait for momentum to turn on their favor or else you would come to regret it because momentum is a very difficult thing to stop especially when it turns against you. It's almost like trying to stop an avalanche.
Lesson number 2: "do what brung you here" in simpler terms, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If something works for you, don't change it. Don't try to over think things and over complicate them. If a strategy brought you a 4- 0 victory against Barcelona in the first leg why change it? Let Bar a price they can stop it first before you even consider changing. This is something that would haunt those players for a long time.

Wow. Good write up. So clearly, it's the coach's fault. It will haunt them for a really long time. I doubt there has ever been a comeback like this in champions league's history.

A defending champion in france ligue and all they did was blow a 4-0 lead. Its bad tbh
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by Hillzy(m): 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
Rexnegro:
when barca lose uefa is not corrupt, but immediately they win like This both fifa, uefa, fa and all football governing bodies around the world at different levels are corrupt....shame on You bro. when Chelsea beat barca in 2012 uefa wasn't corrupt abi? but once barca win pe...corruption it's. get a life bro And stop hating on the greatest club team ever. hating is bad for u
It does not befit the loin to answer the dog!!!

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by yedidiah(m): 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
donbrowser:

Please Stop smoking local weed
guy how far grin
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by yedidiah(m): 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
you sure say you read wetin you write before you post am?
grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
Omotaday:
Hmmm, because i am not a Chelsea fan, i guess. Very unfair sad sad angry
no oo... U re funny
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by Omotaday(m): 12:05am On Mar 10, 2017
Gozmok112:
no oo... U re funny
wink wink
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by seunlly(m): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2017
Iseoluwani:
Whether you score this will still be the result
guess you are. Wrong
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by TheVictorious(m): 10:50am On Mar 10, 2017
davidif:

Morale of the story is that when you have your opponent on the ground crush them. Don't let them linger around while you have the momentum. Step on their neck and finish them off cos if momentum turns on their favor you would come to regret it because momentum is a very difficult thing to stop especially when it turns against you. It's almost like trying to stop an avalanche.
Lesson number 2: "do what brung you here" in simpler terms, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If something works for you, don't change it. Don't try to over think things and over complicate them. If a strategy brought you a 4- 0 victory against Barcelona in the first leg why change it? Let Barca prove that they can stop it first before you even consider changing. This is something that would haunt those players for a long time.

Guy you can really convince any lady to like football oh. I'm sure by now your babe will be a football fan.
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by TheVictorious(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2017
lolawilliams:

Wow. Good write up. So clearly, it's the coach's fault. It will haunt them for a really long time. I doubt there has ever been a comeback like this in champions league's history.

A defending champion in france ligue and all they did was blow a 4-0 lead. Its bad tbh

Lool, am sure you understood davidif pretty well. I also believe by now you should be a football fan, if not even a Barcelona fan!
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by dotcomnamename: 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
So what if if Barca play 7-2 in their home, will PSG still qualify due to 2 away goals and their 4-0 win at home?
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by Isryl02(m): 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
dotcomnamename:
So what if if Barca play 7-2 in their home, will PSG still qualify due to 2 away goals and their 4-0 win at home?
No, away goals only count when the score is even.
7: 2 would make the aggregate to be 7: 6, the away goals rule won't count in this case. Hence Barça would still have qualified.
HTH
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by VeniJu: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
I guess you are already on your way to london.
You can see that i always keep my word.tongue
I've brought him back.
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by VeniJu: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
uckennety:

If u don't bring buhari den ur liar mohammed
Haven't i done as i promised? Check well, you'll see that i've brought him backtongue
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by uckennety(m): 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
VeniJu:

Haven't i done as i promised?
Check well, you'll see that i've brought him backtongue

cheesy angry grin
grin
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lol. For your mind abi
VeniJu:
You can see that i always keep my word.tongue I've brought him back.
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by lequatee(m): 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Juliaann:
omo I am the happiest o I trust Barcelona to come through, I will sleep this night with a smile on my face

As for my location check my profile cheesy

Hello pal,
I have been on the lookout for your reply. I hope you are doing fine? kindly respond when you get this "mention".
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by engrchykae(m): 11:03am On Mar 12, 2017
Timelezz:

Yes and I remember AC Milan against Valencia or something....
it was the match between A.C milan and deportivo la coruna,where milan beat the spaniards 4:1 at San siro only to be walloped 4:0 in spain,it was the 2003/2004 season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by Timelezz: 11:33am On Mar 12, 2017
engrchykae:
it was the match between A.C milan and deportivo la coruna,where milan beat the spaniards 4:1 at San siro only to be walloped 4:0 in spain,it was the 2003/2004 season.
That's for history lessons.
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by austine4real(m): 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
xavieree:
you re so damn honest swty grin #ForcaBarca
long life n prosperity many happy returns

wsh u all d best in life
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by Funnyguy83: 11:24am On Mar 19, 2017
donbrowser:
This space is purposely and specially reserved to mock my best friend who believed Barca will perform a miracle 2nyt.
I will update after the match.
how market ?
Re: Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017 by dj5naira(m): 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
A March to remember.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! / Manchester City vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 29th May 2021 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 8) On 14 August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.