Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student (1299 Views)

Nigerian Student Laments As Her Sexual Harasser Becomes Her Project Supervisor / 8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus / Nigerian Student Scores Zero In Screening & Admitted, Says It Is The Work Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student by royalads: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
Due to the intensity of school work in our higher institutions, students are now left with no choice, than to choose one between business or school work. Nevertheless, i have done a little research and compiled a list of businesses, which Nigerians student can do, to help them financially during their stay in school.

Below are the 10 ways to make money as a Nigerian student.

Make money photocopying your school handout/past questions:

I use to do this personally while I was still a student, until i got better business ideas, and i upgraded. Since I have a strong HP 3in1 printer, all i do is to find past questions, gather the useful ones (3 years) then i photocopy it and sell in class to my fellow colleagues. And if am to tell you the truth, though the money was small, i was able to eat comfortable and survive a whole semester, when my parents received no salary for 3 months.

Selling Used Products on Classified Ads (OLX) or Jiji :

You can make recurrent cash helping people to sell their used or unwanted materials on Classified ads(OLX, JIJI, MOBOFREE). I personally employ this method about 5 times every month, and am proud to say, i back home nothing less than ₦8000 per month. I charge an average of ₦1500 for each product that i’m helping people to sell and sometimes, i’m been giving extra ₦500 for the kind did.

Offer to Teach Fellow Students on an Hourly Basis:

Though i didn’t give this a try, virtually all brilliant dude in the university as made one money or the other when they teach their fellow colleagues. Though the money might be quite small, the fact is, the more you teach the more you know. You can as well hold private lessons in the evening. Simply put some notes on the university hallways offering personal tutoring services and ask for a good rate.

Use Your God Given Skills to Make Money:

Are you good in writing essays, drawing diagrams or portraits? Do you know how to do makeup, why not offer this service for a fee? Today, many people forget or look down on them -at the end of the day, they graduate from school and start hopping from one place to another looking for jobs that needs you to become James Bond in order for you to get them.

Use your Internet Savvy Skills to Make Money:

You can make cool cash by facilitating the registration of students for Post-Ume examinations. For those who aren’t internet savvy. You could also help them do their course registration for a fee.

Provide AD Services:

Talk to any organization which you think would like to have their presence felt in the university. Offer them an opportunity to advertise their goods and services on a branded shirt. You can also partner with foreign companies and outsiders by being there ambassador in your school. One of my friend was a google student ambassador.

Blogging:

I want to believe you already know what a blog is. And I want to believe you already know the ways it can be used to make money. Though this is a business one can do with little or no capital, but when it is brought up as a money making venture, the first image that first comes up is Google Adsense. Well, for your information, that’s just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to making money at home without cash. You could sell adspace directly to advertisers, sell a service, advertise banners of local businesses etc. The opportunities are basically limitless. But I don’t have a laptop yet? You can start with an Android phone!!!! Yes, just set aside some little money for data subscriptions.

Do you love surfing the nets? Swagbucks is another way you can earn money online. Swagbucks pays you for watching videos online. You simply do this by installing an add-on to your browser and you’re good to go.

Use Youtube:

Are you good in modeling or dancing? Then YouTube is a platform to make good money when you post videos of your post online. The video uploaded should include your dancing or make-up techniques. By so doing you increase the chances of people viewing your upload. As people get to see your video -you make money if you have a youtube account. It’s so easy. Just create amazing content consistently, and you’ll be rolling in traffic. I’m just kidding. Even if you know what you’re doing, content marketing takes a lot of work. But it can pay off in a big way.

Laundry:

Many people don’t have time to wash their clothes, and they won’t mind paying others to do it for them. Instead of not having something to do, why not consider this? Between, many things we think are ‘degrading’ are actually profitable. Just have the right thoughts!!!!Are you looking for businesses that can be done in Nigeria with little capital? Here you are. Do more researches. Pray to God to help you. And, do something!!!!!!

cc. lalastica

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student by tutorago: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2017
As regard this part of your post

royalads:

Offer to Teach Fellow Students on an Hourly Basis:

Though i didn’t give this a try, virtually all brilliant dude in the university as made one money or the other when they teach their fellow colleagues. Though the money might be quite small, the fact is, the more you teach the more you know. You can as well hold private lessons in the evening. Simply put some notes on the university hallways offering personal tutoring services and ask for a good rate.

Private Tutors Needed In Lagos

Tutorago is urgently seeking for experienced tutors who are passionate about impacting positively on the education of our Clients across lagos states.

Our candidates are expected to teach at our clients residences that are in need of private home lesson teachers in Lagos.

Our ideal candidate must have at least a bachelor's degree or HND from accredited higher institution in Nigeria.

Requirements:

Interested candidate must reside around any of these areas:

Ibeju-Lekki, Magodo, Surulere, Isolo, Kosofe, Ojodu-Berger, Ilupeju, Ajah, Obalende-Ikoyi, Ikeja, Ketu, Bariga, Gbagada, Mushin, Festac, Amuwo-Odofin, Lekki, Victoria Island, Yaba and Shomolu

You are required to have a degree or its equivalent in the subject area.

Must be computer/internet literate.

Must have good communication skill.

Interested candidate should send their CV to info@tutorago.com

Our Website
https://tutorago.com

Thanks.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student by TopWinner(m): 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
Or do Ponzi Schemes. grin
Re: Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student by royalads: 10:46am On Feb 17, 2017
Lol. That one follow too
Re: Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student by Trippledots(m): 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
im a graduate..just managing a small job, but iv always known that schoo environment is a verry good plce to do biz.

im following you.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student by royalads: 6:35am On Feb 20, 2017
I appreciate. @trippledots

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student by six33fourng: 7:11am On Jan 21, 2023
There are different ways to make money online in Nigeria. As a student and graduate, you can make money in Nigeria by becoming a home tutor - https://six33four.ng/hometutor/, uploading and selling computer base test - https://six33four.ng/cbt/, uploading and selling your project reports https://six33four.ng/projectreport/ and selling teachers resources like lesson plan and notes on https://six33four.ng/teachersresources/

(1) (Reply)

Can Some One On Third Class(2.00) Still Make A First Class? / How To Combine Subjects In Waec To Use As Both Science And Art Student / How To Gain Admission Into The University Of Uyo (uniuyo) Without 2018 JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.