Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% (4861 Views)

Indonesia Looks To Exchange Nigeria’s Crude Oil For Palm Oil / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To Crash To 1.72 Million Barrels In October / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Production Hit 2.025mbpd In June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Truth234(m): 4:30am On Feb 16, 2017
The Nigerian oil export to India dropped by 54 percent in January from a year ago.

According to a Reuters report, the militant attack on the Trans Forcados Pipeline forced key Indian clients, mostly state-run companies to turn to Angola for supplies, bolstering Angola exports by almost 70 percent.

While India still remained the single largest buyer of Nigerian crude oil, production is well below NNPC’s 2.2 million barrels per day target and presently stood at 1.6mbpd, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu said on Tuesday.

The Minister, further stated that after the Trans Forcados Pipeline was shut last year, production dropped by as much as one million barrels per day, giving the ministry little to no means to earn forex needed to service the economy.

Since the pipeline was shut, Nigeria has lost about $100 billion in revenue to attacks by the militants in the oil-rich Niger Delta, “a cushion could see economic growth and gradual recovery,” said Samed Olukoya, a research analyst at Investors King Ltd.

Mr. Austin Avuru, the Chief Executive Officer, Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc, said the Trans Forcado Pipeline could be reopen towards the end of the second quarter.

However, India’s imports from Iran rose slightly in January compared to previous months as Indian refiners received full volumes from Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

http://investorsking.com/nigerias-crude-oil-export-to-india-plunges-54/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by belltwelve(m): 4:38am On Feb 16, 2017
We should diversify and export Aba made shoes and bags seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Thecassanova: 5:24am On Feb 16, 2017
We need to diversify seriously, soon our oil will be of less use as these countries are finding alternatives.

That guy above me tho undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by mrvitalis(m): 6:56am On Feb 16, 2017
I think we should have q plan to ban crude export in the next 15 years... Lets refine them here and sale to our African countries and Europe.. This will create jobs and increase forex

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by acunon: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2017
These militants jst curbing excess funds from naija and still dey will be looking for amnesty after all this brouhaha!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Saint52(m): 8:06am On Feb 16, 2017
Ozil was trying to wake Sanchez up this morning in their hotel in Munich .
In the process he said "Sanchez , it's 6!".
Then Sanchez replied, "They scored again?!
Ozil : "No, it's 5am, time for dawn prayers"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2017
Naija which way. Is Buhari a curse or blessing?

Like if Buhari is a blessing
Share if Buhari is a curse.

Asaba ultramodern mechanic village and auto parts market now selling. Check my signature
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by felixomor: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2017
Better for the environmental health of the niger delta.
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by sotall(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2017
our oyel money
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by three: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2017

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by greatgod2012(f): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2017
Unfortunately, our leaders refuse to see the handwriting on the wall! WE NEED TO DIVERSIFY NOW!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by greatgod2012(f): 8:08am On Feb 16, 2017
mrvitalis:
I think we should have q plan to ban crude export in the next 15 years... Lets refine them here and sale to our African countries and Europe.. This will create jobs and increase forex

Supported!
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by duni04(m): 8:10am On Feb 16, 2017
Who is this OP spamming the frontpage with false info this morning? Nigeria's crude production as at Yesterday was 2 million barrels per day. Where is this fake website the OP quoted getting its own figures from or are they plotting to bomb pipelines?
Lalasticlala should try to verify stories before pushing to frontpage. This is terribly false news.

http://punchng.com/crude-oil-production-rises-two-million-barrels-kachikwu/
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by inourcare: 8:11am On Feb 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by tempest01(m): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2017
duni04:
Who is this OP spamming the frontpage with false info this morning? Nigeria's crude production as at Yesterday was 2 million barrels per day. Where is this fake website the OP quoted getting its own figures from or are they plotting to bomb pipelines?
Lalasticlala should try to verify stories before pushing to frontpage. This is terribly false news.

What's wrong with you? Can't you comprehend? India has reduced the volume out buys from Nigeria. Buying from Angola, a more stable source. First it was USA, now India is reducing quantity. Very soon we will be begging for buyers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by ednut1(m): 8:20am On Feb 16, 2017
Most Indian refinerys were made for Iran's oil na, as iran sanctions hv been lifted what do u expect
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Eazybay(m): 8:28am On Feb 16, 2017
Mehn good news 4rm naija don scarce pas dollar
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by chiedu7: 8:34am On Feb 16, 2017
So even from hospital Buhari is plaguing nigeria with his body odour angry
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2017
Yes!!! great news.
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by repogirl(f): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2017
So where is CBN getting money to claim $30 billion Forex reserve?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Amoto94(m): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2017
repogirl:
So where is CBN getting money to claim $30 billion Forex reserve?
Receive sense or move to romance session. There are other sources of government revenue despite our over reliance on petrol-dollars
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by repogirl(f): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2017
Amoto94:
Receive sense or move to romance session. There are other sources of government revenue despite our over reliance on petrol-dollars
Zombie, take your own advice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Amoto94(m): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2017
repogirl:
Zombie, take your own advice.
Product of failed education sector wehdone. I'm not in your league of childish banter so swerve and learn to stop asking stupid question.
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by repogirl(f): 10:39am On Feb 16, 2017
Amoto94:
Product of failed education sector wehdone. I'm not in your league of childish banter so swerve and learn to stop asking stupid question.
lol! Obviously, you are in your own league of stupidity, saying rubbish to yourself. Carry on with your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Truth234(m): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
duni04:

I am actually the OP and I will engage you if you are open minded. That Punch publication you posted is wrong and 100% fake, let me tell you, there is no way we would have attained 2mbpd without Trans Forcado pipeline working. If that is not enough, the figure I quoted was directly drawn from Ibe Kachikwu personal video released on Tuesday. And I don't see how those journalists that are not in the industry or even trade the market know better than the Minister himself.

Again, the $30 billion foreign reserve quoted few days ago by ThisDay and shared on Monday was wrong, our foreign reserves is $28,970,098,850 as at today. Also, the analyst referenced by ThisDay, mess up by assuming liability (loan) would be added to equity to make up the $30 billion. No, it will only be used to cushion the economy (bolster market liquidity). By the way, nobody edited anything, current output stood at 1.6 mbpd
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by duni04(m): 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Truth234:

I am actually the OP and I will engage you if you are open minded. That Punch publication you posted is wrong and 100% fake, let me tell you, there is no way we would have attained 2mbpd without Trans Forcado pipeline working. If that is not enough, the figure I quoted was directly drawn from Ibe Kachikwu personal video released on Tuesday. And I don't see how those journalists that are not in the industry or even trade the market know better than the Minister himself.

Again, the $30 billion foreign reserve quoted few days ago by ThisDay and shared on Monday was wrong, our foreign reserves is $28,970,098,850 as at today. Also, the analyst referenced by ThisDay, mess up by assuming liability (loan) would be added to equity to make up the $30 billion. No, it will only be used to cushion the economy (bolster market liquidity).
Everything you have said here is complete and utter rubbish. Where is the link to the video where the minister said our current production (15th Feb 2017) is 1.6 mmpd? You sound like a professional scammer and 419. You dropped figures and typed something with no sense at all.
Lalasticlala should really vet the topics and the monikers that put then up on the front page.
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Truth234(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
duni04:

Everything you have said here is complete and utter rubbish. Where is the link to the video where the minister said our current production (15th Feb 2017) is 1.6 mmpd? You sound like a professional scammer and 419. You dropped figures and typed something with no sense at all.
Lalasticlala should really vet the topics and the monikers that put then up on the front page.

I am sorry you feel offended. Here is the link to the foreign exchange reserves

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp?MoveDate=2/16/2017%203:12:59%20AM

and here is the link to the video

https://www.facebook.com/IbeKachikwu/
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by Amoto94(m): 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
OP some of these guys are educated illiterates but worst still they don't want to admit it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To India Plunges 54% by oneolajire(m): 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
What does India do with our crude oil?

India produces 900,000 barrels of oil per day, buys 3.5 million barrels of crude oil, refine in her 23 refineries, use some locally and export the remaining.

Nigeria produces 1.6 to 2.2 million barrels of crude oil per day, but refines less than 200,000 bpd, what a pity!

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do, If You Were Given One Million Naira Today? / Yahoo Fires Its CEO For Lack Of Growth / Terminal Operators Waive N1.5bn Charges On Stranded Tcn Containers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.