Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,109 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Have You Ever Watch Someone Die - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Watch Someone Die (1330 Views)

Can Someone Die Of Hunger? / Have You Watched Someone Die Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by D1ana: 7:32am On Feb 16, 2017
Saw the question on instagram and remembered today is my uncle death anniversary i watched him die and it was like someone falling into sleep has anyone ever watch someone die share your experience
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by yomi007k(m): 7:45am On Feb 16, 2017
embarassed

Yea I see a handful, being a doc.

We do our best but Nigeria is closer to hell dn I imagined.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by SolexxBarry(m): 8:22am On Feb 16, 2017
I also watched my uncle die in 2009,after praying he stretched and slept,may God bless his soul
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by ifyalways(f): 8:25am On Feb 16, 2017
Nay.
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by simiolu1(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2017
No. I was sent on an errand just before my Dad gave up the ghost on Sunday Nov. 14 2004. By the time I came back; he was gone. But I still stood by his bed, put my hand on his cheek and felt him grow cold. Funny enough, I didn't cry. The tears flowed as I trekked back home while it rained.
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by izzou(m): 10:45am On Feb 16, 2017
My dad died in my arms. I didn't only watch it, I felt it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by horlahwaley(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2017
a pregnant woman died in my arm, i was at the hospital vicinity and i helped carried her from the car she was brought. she took her last breathin my arm.
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nancykay: 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
I remember vividly how I watched my mum die due to the Nurses negligence. It was around 3:07 Am Jan 7 2years back. She wasn't that sick, just slumped and was rushed to the hospital. I remembered calling the Nurses to come check on her severally cos she was breathing some how and they were busy gossiping, I insisted they called the Doctor but the told me they know what they were doing and I'm in no position to teach them their job bad thing was that I was the only one with her in the hospital. When it got out of hand, they started calling the Doctor, and it was already too late. I watched them try to bring her back with shockers they were also hitting their hands on her chest, at that moment, I was so mad seeing my mum go through all that... But she Died cry cry cry I taught she would wake up and see me by her side... It was xo xo painful... Can't forget that day... Love you so much Mum..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by rex444(m): 12:40pm On Feb 16, 2017
As a nurse, its a common thing. Kids,youths n adults
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
Yes. My mum cry felt her spirit leave her body in my arms. And her body became lifeless. cry
I wasn't myself for months until I had a nervous breakdown.
Love you mum so so much.
Rest In perfect peace cry
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by general111(m): 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
#runs outa thread.
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Acidosis(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nancykay:
I remember vividly how I watched my mum die due to the Nurses negligence. It was around 3:07 Am Jan 7 2years back. She wasn't that sick, just slumped and was rushed to the hospital. I remembered calling the Nurses to come check on her severally cos she was breathing some how and they were busy gossiping, I insisted they called the Doctor but the told me they know what they were doing and I'm in no position to teach them their job bad thing was that I was the only one with her in the hospital. When it got out of hand, they started calling the Doctor, and it was already too late. I watched them try to bring her back with shockers they were also hitting their hands on her chest, at that moment, I was so mad seeing my mum go through all that... But she Died cry cry cry I taught she would wake up and see me by her side... It was xo xo painful... Can't forget that day... Love you so much Mum..

The health care system in Nigeria is a big joke. From incompetent and lousy practitioners to poor facilities.

I won't be surprised to discover or read that 70% of deaths in Nigerian hospitals are results of incompetence and negligence. I would personally attribute 20% to poor facilities, and 10% inevitable deaths.

Even with the required facility, an incompetent man will kill both the facility and the patient he's meant to treat.

Its crazy... I feel safer walking around a mortuary or loitering around a police post than sitting in many Nigerian hospitals.

Sometimes, I don't blame those who opt for alternative medicine, agbo, and faith based organisations.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Berbierklaus(f): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Yes my mum,the inhaler won't work,the nurses couldn't find the vein,and that's how she died in my arms.....

Its shocking at first,hard to believe it has really happened,until when the true hard fact gets into your brains,then you process it and express your hurt in ways you know how too, mine was prayer and tears,and screaming.
It was a very bad experience
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nancykay: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
Berbierklaus:
Yes my mum,the inhaler won't work,the nurses couldn't find the vein,and that's how she died in my arms.....

Its shocking at first,hard to believe it has really happened,until when the true hard fact gets into your brains,then you process it and express your hurt in ways you know how too, mine was prayer and tears,and screaming.
My dear, so sorry about mum's death, I understand that feeling because I lost mine too.. At first when the Nurses started their I'm sorry bullshit, I was just smiling I didn't get it well then, but it rang again in my head and I shouted I raised up my gown.. Hahahaah was just on underwears and ran out of the room, I ran back Inside, held the Nurse and cried bitterly, then I ran out again (that day was full of running lol) and something came to my mind, can my mum spirit see me, won't she be so hurt... So I had to put myself together and call my Elder brother... It wasn't funny at all I still cry till today, ALL IS WELL
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nancykay: 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
Acidosis:

The health care system in Nigeria is a big joke. From incompetent and lousy practitioners to poor facilities.

I won't be surprised to discover or read that 70% of deaths in Nigerian hospitals are results of incompetence and negligence. I would personally attribute 20% to poor facilities, and 10% inevitable deaths.

Even with the required facility, an incompetent man will kill both the facility and the patient he's meant to treat.

Its crazy... I feel safer walking around a mortuary or loitering around a police post than sitting in many Nigerian hospitals.

Sometimes, I don't blame those who opt for alternative medicine, agbo, and faith based organisations.

You are so right my dear, I pray no one you know ever die untimely, its not a sweet thing at all... Stay blessed
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Berbierklaus(f): 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nancykay:

My dear, so sorry about mum's death, I understand that feeling because I lost mine too.. At first when the Nurses started their I'm sorry bullshit, I was just smiling I didn't get it well then, but it rang again in my head and I shouted I raised up my gown.. Hahahaah was just on underwears and ran out of the room, I ran back Inside, held the Nurse and cried bitterly, then I ran out again (that day was full of running lol) and something came to my mind, can my mum spirit see me, won't she be so hurt... So I had to put myself together and call my Elder brother... It wasn't funny at all I still cry till today, ALL IS WELL
cheesy my sister is like the running thing is general o.
it happened during that Muslim fasting period,so people were still outside that midnight,after I jumped up,I remember running out and my sister was pursuing me...then does Hausa guys were singing for us "fire on the mountain run run run run" they didn't know why we were running.

Was dragged home and all I could think about was to kill myself,I eventually slapped the woman that was trying to take the knife away from me.

Funny how we bear the same name,I'm Nancy too grin may God comfort us and be a mother when we need a mother,duno know how I will cope when I get married
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nancykay: 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
Berbierklaus:

cheesy my sister is like the running thing is general o. that Muslim fasting period,so people were still outside that midnight,after I jumped up,I remember running out and my sister was pursuing me...then does Hausa guys were singing for us "fire on the mountain run run run run" they didn't know why we were running.

Was dragged home and all I could think about was to kill myself,I eventually slapped the woman that was trying to take the knife away from me.

Funny how we bear the same name,I'm Nancy too grin may God comfort us and be a mother when we need a mother,duno know how I will cope when I get married
Hahahhahahahahahha, that's not the end of life dear
What a coincidence lol... Sake, Ameen... It is well jare , I think of same thing too.. How do I cope when I get married and I have never babysat anyone dunno where where i will start from... But in any case you get there before me, i won't mind learning from you wink wink wink.... Lol stay blessed
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Acidosis(m): 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Its shocking at first,hard to believe it has really happened,until when the true hard fact gets into your brains,then you process it and express your hurt in ways you know how too, mine was prayer and tears, and screaming.

This is so sad... May God continue to comfort you Berbierklaus
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Acidosis(m): 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nancykay:

You are so right my dear, I pray no one you know ever die untimely, its not a sweet thing at all... Stay blessed

Amen

Thanks so much Nancykay...Good to meet you here.
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nancykay: 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
Acidosis:

Amen

Thanks so much Nancykay...Good to meet you here.
Good to meet you too dear...
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Berbierklaus(f): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2017
Acidosis:

This is so sad... May God continue to comfort you Berbierklaus
Amen.
Thanks dear smiley

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Berbierklaus(f): 9:20am On Feb 17, 2017
Nancykay:

Hahahhahahahahahha, that's not the end of life dear
What a coincidence lol... Sake, Ameen... It is well jare , I think of same thing too.. How do I cope when I get married and I have never babysat anyone dunno where where i will start from... But in any case you get there before me, i won't mind learning from you wink wink wink.... Lol stay blessed
Aunty if you are looking at 3-5 years you will get there before me o grin

and you too dearie smiley
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nancykay: 11:21am On Feb 17, 2017
Hahaha ... You never can tell... I see you getting married next year Uncle tongue tongue wink wink
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
I watched my little son die in my arms... Still fresh in my memory and it hurts everyday I think about it.
To think they deceived me yelling me he has pulse sef...
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by BodePolScience: 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
my mum slept in the Lord in my hands. She stretched and I couldn't prevent her from leaving my hands, she just have to lay down flat. I was praying for her and her lips was just moving saying 'amin' It was late at night, virtually all hospitals and PHC were already closed. On coming back, the street gate was closed and on getting to her the next morning, her body was stiff and cold.
To God be the glory!
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by missioner(m): 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
I lost my Mum and Dad together March 2009 ...
I was there yet I didn't witness it.
Mum was severely sick for like six months, admitted severally at different times at Oouth Sagamu, and FMC Abk. alot was expended yet money and prayers were shamed.
She eventually died one Friday while I was sleeping on the same bed with her, I woke up around 3am and she was gone.
Exactly eight days later Dad, my elder brother and I came back from Jumat around 2:30pm Dad went straight to his room while my bro and I sat outside. unknown to us he only came back from jumat to die. He died that afternoon exactly eight days after mum died.
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by Yewandequeen(f): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2017
yomi007k:
embarassed

Yea I see a handful, being a doc.

We do our best but Nigeria is closer to hell dn I imagined.

Happy birthday
Re: Have You Ever Watch Someone Die by yomi007k(m): 8:15am On Feb 18, 2017
Yewandequeen:

Happy birthday

Tnk u .

(1) (Reply)

Vigrx Plus For Improved Sexual Life / Medical Question & Answer / Waist Trainers (2 Pcs Remaining) @ 3500 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.