Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance (2359 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance by Efewestern: 5:59am On Feb 17, 2017
iSpirit1:
Lemme answer the unanswerable Question. I'll just quote one of my previous posts. Perhaps, it should answer the unanswerable Question People who died before Christianity was founded.

In the Bible, there are three Eras.

i. Before the Law. From the fall of
man till when Moses delivered the
Law.

ii. Under the Law. From when
Moses brought the Law till when
Jesus resurrected.

iii. Under Grace. From Jesus'
resurrection till date.

Under the Law, Righteousness was
attained by keeping all the Law.
Exodus 19:5-6, James 2:10. As
many that lived during the Law Era
shall be judged by the Law.
Romans 2:12.

Under Grace, Righteousness is
obtained by placing our Faith in
Jesus. Romans 2:21-22. Romans
10:4-10. As many that live under
grace shall be judged by God's
standard of Righteousness Under Grace which is by placing our Faith
in Jesus. James 2:12.

What then? What about the people
who died Before the Law, how
shall God judged them?

First, lemme establish that all sinful
men that have died are already in
Hell Fire. As we see from Jesus'
story of Lazarus and the rich man.
Luke 16:19-24. However, the Bible
tells us that Hell isn't the final abode of the wicked but the Lake of Fire.
Revelations 21:8. Because Hell itself
shall be casted into the Lake of Fire.
Revelations 20:13-14. Before the
residents of Hell shall be casted into
the Lake of Fire, they shall be judged. Verse 13 shows that.

Having established that, lemme
quickly show us this. . . When Jesus
died, He spent 3days in the grave.
What was He doing all the while?
1Peter 3:19-20 shows us one of
the things He was doing. . . He went to preach to people who died
during the days of Noah (before
the Law) and as many that believed
in Him resurrected with Him along
with all the saints who had died
prior to His resurrection (Matthew 27:52) who were in Abraham's
bosom. Luke 16:22. Altogether,
they ascended to Heaven on His
ascension. Acts 1:9, Hebrews 12:1.

Please try to read all the cited
scriptures. . . This post might not contain all that needs to be addressed, please bear with me.

I'll address other issues later.

am ready to learn , but you never addressed the point raised by me, is it possible for God to Judge the world base on our believe even when he knows how diverse we are?

Here are some facts

1. No body truly chooses his/her religion, me and you are Christian today because we were born into the Christian faith.

2. Society affects what we believe, so religions is also affected by that.

So tell me again, how is it possible for God to judge us by our belief.

thanks.
Re: My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance by hahn(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2017
Efewestern:

I never made mention of any Isreali God, I only said God exist.. please read my post again. this time slowly.

Ok, my bad. So, which of the gods exists?
Re: My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance by MiddleDimension: 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
jonbellion:
Lol
I also had a similar encounter when I told a Christian I was an athiest
She was like
"don't worry because we're in the time of grace that's why god has not ended your life"
And "if you believed in god your life would have been better" ironically this was a person I just met who didn't know shit about me apart from my lack of belief
Lmao
What a joke indeed
thats the nonsense we get. they say this even though compared to you, they are way behind
Re: My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance by MiddleDimension: 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
fratermathy:

Many of them are quite intolerant. They automatically believe you are suffering in penury if you don't believe in their God. grin grin
exactly what o told you the other time.

these peope learnt that i was some how having challenges with my academics and the next thing that came to their mind was: 'oh, see how good you are, if you believed in god, maybe you wont be having these challenges' and when o tell them that there are so many believers who are having enormous challenges with their academics too, they tell me, but you are not them! then i say: 'oh, those who are in god are not good enough for you to expect so much from them,and you think i am the one whos got some problems? and when theyul say something like this, they forget that bible passage that says 'my sun shines on the just and the unjust alike'.

actually, i was having those challenges for a competely diffeent reason from what they thought
Re: My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance by MiddleDimension: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
Efewestern:

you again.. I know I will surely see you In this thread, you they represent wella.. keep deceiving yourself, hate it or like it, God is real, you can only wail.

@Op

well I don't subscribe to such bully, I don't believe that those who ain't Christian will burn in hell , it just don't sound right, since nobody truly choose his/her religion, we were all brainwashed into believing most things, this world is a mystery what happens after death nobody can tell, so the issue of nonbelievers been thrown into hell is somehow ridiculous.

thou I know God exist, he his real..
how i wish, others are like you. its so funny jow christians think pnly muslims are bigots.
Re: My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance by MiddleDimension: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
fratermathy:

A dogmatic Muslim would not even bother asking me questions na... We all know how this would have ended. Probably, I would have been another score in the battle for Allah.

Then again, there are also countries with Christians and Muslims living together harmoniously with people of differing beliefs. Why are those in Nigeria so intolerant?
lebanon is an example

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ / I am a god because I am a pastor. / Preacher Claims He's Jesus: Even Greater?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.