Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

...... - Islam for Muslims (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (215395 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 8:50am On Jun 30, 2017
No. 1:
ikupakuti:

grin cheesy what explanation of yours that aligned with whats up there did I mock ? Coz you are begining to confuse me o .

# First, that was a mistake on my part. I thought your reply was on my new comment concerning "Allah's glory" being manifested into "light". And yes you mock that statement and explanation when I erroneously claim Sunni tafasir said so (and truly Sunni tafasir said so) instead of quoting Qur'an straight away. Alhamdulillah I have done that.

Here's your mocking reply:
ikupakuti:

#This your allegory of light/glory that the mountain saw & felt where did you get it from ? Cos the Quran didnt mention it o ? You mean the light was so powerful to reduce a mountain to powder & knock MUSA out but miraclously MUSA didnt go blind grin what a light ? cheesy

You even go to this extent:
ikupakuti:

#You asked me to be familiar with our tafsir, if it was about that, I would have quoted them for you right from the begining, God didnt claim his light manifested but himself, I still asked where did the idea of light came from since you & SUNNI mufassiruna claimed its light, but then maybe I‘ll look for someone else to help me answer that.

# Where did God said, "He Himself" manifested? Quran says "jalal (glory)" of "Rabuhu (his Lord)". Anyway, we've been able to clarify this point from the Quran itself that " Allah's glory" was manifested into "Thunderbolt and Lightening". This was what mountain saw that crumbled it, and fainted Nabi Musa out of the " fear and majesty " of Allah.

No.2:
ikupakuti:

Pls show me where I CLEARLY stated that, I‘m waiting angry

# You did not use a clear statement but that was what I perceived when you said:
ikupakuti:

#Do you really mean the practices of the SAHABA, TABEEN should be boycotted in religion cos there is no hadiths which enjoin us to follow them ? Then why should we believe the books (Quran & hadiths) they passed down to us since they who are the medium are not relaible ?

NO.3:
ikupakuti:

#Again there is no where I said I believe in all SAHABAS, SAHIH HADITHS or a blind follower of any school of thought, so I dont know why you are making up such assumptions.

If you truly do not, then this statement does not need to be submitted at all:
ikupakuti:

IMAM SHAFI‘I, ABU HANIFA, AHMAD IBN HANBAL including all the SAHABA none ever deny the ‘seeing‘ of God with the hearts, in dream & in the next life. ABU HANEEFA said he saw him 99x grin , IMAM HANBAL saw & asked him about the best deed to get closer to him...anecdotes abound as such from sahabas & tabeen, but we do not need to continue going in circles as its AQEEDAH related.

# Besides, your firm believe in all those initially stated ahadith set your record straight.

ikupakuti:

It does not mean you are comparing yourself to him. He never claimed such privilege was exclusive to him, did he ? Or do you think you too cannot be granted such benefit by God ? grin

# You said have I seen God the way Imam Ali, alaih salam, did?

# Do you even know who Ali Ibn Abi Talib was? He was believed to be the GREATEST SPIRITUALIST by the Sufis. If there is ANYBODY (apart from Nabi, salallahu alayhi wa ahli) that reached the ZENITH in ma'rifah, he was Ali. I am not talking Shi'a, I am talking Sufi.

# If you want to know Ali, then refer to the Qur'an. The description used was "anfus (self) of Rasulullah".
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 9:09am On Jun 30, 2017
ikupakuti:

grin But albaqir this is exactly what we talking about! So, whats all the arguement about?

Have you also gotten to see the God you worship like IMAM ALI said ? cheesy grin

I have learnt over time that is BETTER to just keep mute than engaging in this type of ENDLESS CYCLE of JUNK posting. Why because the MAIN ISSUE would trampled upon and before you know it NON ISSUE will take the cyber space, with LITTLE or no fruition at the end of the day.

Isn't the alighted paragraph ANSWER all what we are discussing? But I know that wouldn't STOP there. No wonder a case of SENMANTIC what still brought out when I advise t we stop all this.
AlBaqir:

# May Allah forgive my errors and make me more familiar with His noble words. I was actually talking nonsense by saying Sunni tafasir interpreted "glory of

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE US ALL OUR ERRORs. But, we should LEARN to post to EXPRESS NOT to IMPRESS. That's will always resulted to, if we fail to read and digest fully what others are saying.

May Allah BLESS IMAM ALI(ra) for that beautiful expressions up there.

SALAM!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 9:22am On Jun 30, 2017
LadunaI:

I have learnt over time that is BETTER to just keep mute than engaging in this type of ENDLESS CYCLE of JUNK posting. Why because the MAIN ISSUE would trampled upon and before you know it NON ISSUE will take the cyber space, with LITTLE or no fruition at the end of the day.

Isn't the alighted paragraph ANSWER all what we are discussing? But I know that wouldn't STOP there. No wonder a case of SENMANTIC what still brought out when I advise t we stop all this.

# If you think it is "endless cycle of junk posting", why do you participate in it at all?! Like I used to say, public forum discussion is beyond 2-4 persons discussing or arguing. 1000s are viewing and reading. You can confused or set them aright. This is what I feared most why I always try my best to establish and reestablish my submission, and eat my words wherever I made blunders.

# Please be sincere to yourself brother. You cannot eat your cake and have it. So long you try to impress and express your understanding of "seeing Allah", those ahadith that speak LITERARILY will always be an obstacle in this. You have declared your believe in those ahadith to be correct yet you want to hide under "Allah is Infinite, cannot be seen by ANY VISION".

LadunaI:

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE ALL OUR ERRORs. But, we should LEARN to post to EXPRESS NOT to IMPRESS. That's will always resulted to, if we fail to read and digest fully what others are saying.

SALAM!!!

Please try to edit my statement by quoting me in FULL. It is not right to quote a text from a context. Thanks

Illahi amin to your sincere du'a.
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2017
Ikupakuti

Oga stop telling me to learn, as if am not ready to learn, I am ready to learn even from children, am learning from albaqir now in his post in this thread becouse he is making sense, i cease to learn from you when I realize the kind of person you are, and how ur post can lead people astray. Incase u dnt knw dats why I withdraw from you. Stop telling me I lack understanding because I knw Ur own meaning of understanding is when someone take ur word for it without objections.
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2017
Empiree:
Interesting. From what i am reading from other sources appears to point that, in Shiism, they dont seem to believe in "seeing" Allah not even in the Hereafter. This appears to be in conflict with Sunnis creed. We all can agree that this material eyes CAN NOT see God. Thats fact. To say otherwise would be kufr as in Christianity and other religions.

There are difference of opinions as to whether nabi(saw) actually saw Allah in his spiritual journey. I remembered growing up there used to be back n fourth discussions on it. What is clear however is that, nabi(saw) being up there was no longer is material body (material universe). He was in a different space and time just like encounters btw waliy or pious Muslims have to be in the state of malakut to communicate with malaika.

Some scholars are also of the opinion that Nabi(saw) did see Allah but could not describe what he saw. He was bereft of speech before he could utter "At-tahiyyat lilah". This is opinion that i hold personally. I remember my coursemate narrating this to me in his apartment in ilorin back then. It was described as seeing something in front of him but could not really figure it out. Apart from these material eyes, "seeing" Allah in the heart simply means seeing His Signs to avoid any misconceptions. Seeing Allah's Signs is beyond other Signs of Allah that our material eyes can visioned. It boils down to levels. "Oju ju oju lo"

Mmmmmmm Empiree we r getting their small small, step by step we will get their. I do know for sure that this argument will be endless. Seeing signs of Allah and seeing Allah is two different. It would hav been better if anyone who had d experience to nicely put it. "I saw the signs of Allah taala" to avoid confusion. I dnt hav problem believing that our prophet SAW saw the Almighty, it's possible of course, someone once told me he saw him but forgot wat how was, his description etc wen he came down. Like the part were he saw the Almighty was formatted from his brain. Different narration sha. May Allah guide us

Albaqir I have been told Shia's are very brilliant pple. I fit join una sha but on a low key oo

1 Like

Re: ...... by ikupakuti(m): 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2017
LadunaI:

Exactly! If he had admitted to IMAM ALI‘S view from the begening all these back & forth would be needless.

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE US ALL OUR ERRORs. But, we should LEARN to post to EXPRESS NOT to IMPRESS. That's will always resulted to, if we fail to read and digest fully what others are saying.

SALAM!!!

Ameen

@albakir

I overlooked alot of your manipulations & twistings on previous posts not because I cant refute but its like you are trained for arguements something I dont have strenght for. Look how you twist a clear verb تجلى which mean to become visible, to manifest, to come into view, appear etc, and turn it to something else. But then let it slide. Thanks to @lanrexln for bringing that quote. It settled everything Case closed.
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
AlBaqir:
# For those who are interested in learning on spirituality, Irfan (spiritual journey), here's a book Light within me. Yes it is written by three Shi'a ulama. Spirituality has nothing to do with "shia vs Sunni" on this or that. Interestingly, every single gnostic of every age and century was discussed in the book (including Sheik Abdul-Qadir al-Gilani), their beliefs and method of Irfan.

You can download the PDF here:
https://www.al-islam.org/light-within-me-mutahhari-tabatabai-khomeini

God bless you, I hav always read books writing by Shia scholars, theres one am reading now about barzakh quite interesting, brilliant pple. Perhaps I will post them wen am through
Re: ...... by ikupakuti(m): 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
emekaRaj:
Ikupakuti

Oga stop telling me to learn, as if am not ready to learn, I am ready to learn even from children, am learning from albaqir now in his post in this thread becouse he is making sense, i cease to learn from you when I realize the kind of person you are, and how ur post can lead people astray. Incase u dnt knw dats why I withdraw from you. Stop telling me I lack understanding because I knw Ur own meaning of understanding is when someone take ur word for it without objections.

Pls STOP this whining, for the sake of JUMMAH let this slide OK?
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
emekaRaj:

Mmmmmmm Empiree we r getting their small small, step by step we will get their. I do know for sure that this argument will be endless. Seeing signs of Allah and seeing Allah is two different. oo
I guess you kept missing the quotes "see" not see. I'm not just interested in much of the arguments over this
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
Empiree:
I guess you kept missing the quotes "see" not see. I'm not just interested in much of the arguments over this

Oooh! issorai.

I just think that we human we ar too difficult, a verse as simple as a'raf 143 would hav been anough to dismiss this idea of seeing God. But been humans we like to twist things to our favour, this is the reason why there are so many sect in Islam today.

I wonder why musa didn't use his inner eyes to see him. Abi inner eyes no dey dat time. But instead he fainted.

BUT I do believe we will be able to see our Lord on d day of judgment. This aya 75 vs 22-23 proves it.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
emekaRaj:

Oooh! issorai.

I just think that we human we ar too difficult, a verse as simple as a'raf 143 would hav been anough to dismiss this idea of seeing God. But been humans we like to twist things to our favour, this is the reason why there are so many sect in Islam today.

I wonder why musa didn't use his inner eyes to see him. Abi inner eyes no dey dat time. But instead he fainted.

smh....nabi must (as) wanted to see Allah through his material eyes was the reason he got knocked down.

Do u care to read hadith where Jibrail(as) came to teach Islam to people and he enquired about ihsan?. The reply he got was to pray as if he is "seeing" Allah though u can not see him. What is "seeing" mentioned in the hadith means to you? . Does it mean seeing Allah with this eyes on our head?.

So if the hadith uses "seeing Allah" in that sentence, what's wrong with using it now?.

1 Like

Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
Empiree:
smh....nabi must (as) wanted to see Allah through his material eyes was the reason he got knocked down.

Do u care to read hadith where Jibrail(as) came to teach Islam to people and he enquired about ihsan?. The reply he got was to pray as if he is "seeing" Allah though u can not see him. What is "seeing" mentioned in the hadith means to you? . Does it mean seeing Allah with this eyes on our head?.

So if the hadith uses "seeing Allah" in that sentence, what's wrong with using it now?.

yea I hav read d hadith, dat phrase "AS IF" before the seeing God tho.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:24am On Jul 01, 2017
emekaRaj:
yea I hav read d hadith, dat phrase "AS IF" before the seeing God tho.
I know you just seem to have problems with "seeing Allah". Too big for you to digest hun?. Let's leave it like that. We all saying the same thing indirectly. But let me drop this.

Scholars depict this level of faith as maqam al-mushahadah – “the Station of Spiritual Witnessing” – basing it on the words of the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him), in which he explained spiritual excellence (ihsan) to be: ‘That you worship Allah as though seeing Him, and though you may not see Him, know that He sees you.’ [Muslim, no.80] This witnessing Allah with the heart is where, writes Ibn Rajab, ‘the heart is illumined with faith, and the inner sight arrives at gnosis, so much so that the Unseen becomes, as it were, seen (wa huwa an yutanawwara’l-qalbu bi’l-iman wa tanfudha’l-basiratu fi’l-‘irfan hatta yasira’l-ghaybu ka’l-‘ayan).’

Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 2:34am On Jul 01, 2017
Empiree:
I know you just seem to have problems with "seeing Allah". Too big for you to digest hun?. Let's leave it like that. We all saying the same thing indirectly. But let me drop this.

Scholars depict this level of faith as maqam al-mushahadah – “the Station of Spiritual Witnessing” – basing it on the words of the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him), in which he explained spiritual excellence (ihsan) to be: ‘That you worship Allah as though seeing Him, and though you may not see Him, know that He sees you.’ [Muslim, no.80] This witnessing Allah with the heart is where, writes Ibn Rajab, ‘the heart is illumined with faith, and the inner sight arrives at gnosis, so much so that the Unseen becomes, as it were, seen (wa huwa an yutanawwara’l-qalbu bi’l-iman wa tanfudha’l-basiratu fi’l-‘irfan hatta yasira’l-ghaybu ka’l-‘ayan).’

I understand ihsan well, if it's in that context u r driving at, then theres is no need to argue, but if not, because d other time u held on to, "see sign of Allah an not Allah himself. So am confused.

According tafsir of ibn kathir 7vs 143 he quoted from scripture that Allah said to musa AS, O musa no living soul see me, but will perish, no solid but will demolish.

Lemme just ask u this last question.... . Empiree say the truth, u really believe that any finite flesh an blood living in this world could see his majesty by any means at all. And Remember wen rusul saw Jibril in his true form, he covered d horizon, how do u tink his majesty will be.

If yes, I want u to make it clear to me, in wich context do u believe one can see Allah.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:07am On Jul 01, 2017
emekaRaj:

I understand ihsan well, if it's in that context u r driving at, then theres is no need to argue, but if not, because d other time u held on to, "see sign of Allah an not Allah himself. So am confused.

According tafsir of ibn kathir 7vs 143 he quoted from scripture that Allah said to musa AS, O musa no living soul see me, but will perish, no solid but will demolish.

Lemme just ask u this last question.... . Emp.iree say the truth, [s]u really believe that any finite flesh an blood living in this world could see his majesty by any means at all.[/s] And Remember wen rusul saw Jibril in his true form, he covered d horizon, how do u tink his majesty will be.

If yes, I want u to make it clear to me, in wich context do u believe one can see Allah.
"Lantarani" period
Signs, yes. Different Signs
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
When We re-discover that life on “the other side” is just as real, if not more real, than life here in the physical world. And it is vastly even more beautiful. U dnt fear death anymore. It becomes like a glad tiding

1 Like

Re: ...... by guru1234: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2017
@EMEKARAj, u need to learn "AUTHENTC TAUHEED" as all this jinn stories and spritual jihad you only need to ask yoursef how it does benefit the UMAH and how does that make you a better muslim. Not all knowledge are beneficial, and you need to be careful so u wont lead yoursef astray.....MASALAM
Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
SOME WORDS ABOUT SPIRITUALITY

# What is Irfan (Tasawuf)? Its nothing but Ma'rifat'Allah (Spiritual and experientual knowledge of Allah). We can read, for example, sura Tawheed (Qul huwa Allahu ahad) several times, with its tafsir and rational understanding of it. That is theological and philosophical knowledge of Allah. However, the spiritual "knowing of Allah's unity" is more condensed and deep than just the previously mentioned conventional understanding.

# Not everybody can thread the path of spirituality as everybody can perform the five acts of worship. For example, Nabi, peace be upon him and his households, in a popular hadith says, "pray as if you are seeing your Lord". Usually, if you are in front of somebody with high status, one naturally get calm and focus with a bit of fear/respect/awe. What about the Majestic Lord of the world? The truth is none (or very few) among majority can pray with full concentration whereby you completely remove and detach yourself (Nafs) from everything except Allah. How can you achieve this and more? That is where Islam teaches spirituality.

# Obviously, it is not wajib (obligatory) upon every Muslim as people forced and falsely engage themselves into it. Why? One can EASILY get lost on the path.

Steps Towards Spirituality

NB: Note that each of the below steps are deeper than my patty-patty explanations.

# Niyat - Intention: Seek this path for nothing other than Allah. Not even for Jannah, or protection from Hell. Some intentions are simply for acquiring " supernatural power", ilm batini (hidden knowledge), etc.

# Shari'at (Islamic laws): Every blessed "dos and donts" that is command of Islam, from the simplest to the topmost MUST be religiously adhere to and practice. Am afraid this is where 98% of the so-called spiritual wayfarers failed without knowing it. There is no Irfan without Shari'at. Imagine somebody that truly pray five times daily but misses "awalul waqt (praying at exact, prime time)". In fact according to experienced spiritualists, praying awalul waqt can uplift a Mu'min beyond what he ever bargain for. The aim of these laws is to purify us physically and especially spiritually so that our proximity to Allah will be more closer and cordial.

# Tariqat (spiritual path): Here I am NOT talking of Tariqat tijaniyyah or qadriyah or jafariyah etc. Here I am talking of the spiritual path of Islam as distinctly thought by the Quran and the Sunnah of Nabi. No doubt all the aforementioned shuyukh in Sheik Ahmad Tijani, Imam Abdul Qadir al-Gilani et al tried their best to present what I can call " dastur amal (spiritual path guidelines)" for they were known to be spiritualist. Unfortunately, their guidelines are seriously faulty as far as strict Islamic Shari'at is concerned. Whether they designed those amal themselves or it was stained after their demise, Allah knows best. In short, this is the most dangerous stage. Certainly, a spiritual wayfarer needs a spiritual guider. And to know the right guider is yet another big problem. Obviously, a fake guider is easily recognised in the fact that they failed woefully and easily in Shari'at. How can somebody that doesn't pray at all, or on time be a true spiritual guide?!

Here, you encounter several worlds and realms. World of self (nafs), desires, etc. You become familiar with inner and true state of everything where you see their connection towards their Lord. You don't see a stone as ordinary non-worthless substance. Rather you see a creature praising its Creator. Many got LOCKED UP among these worlds.

# al-Haqiqat (the Truth): This is the goal. And that is Allah.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
@Albaqir
You are now talking. grin grin grin Can you tell us the spiritual guide of Imam Jafar Sadiq(ra), just been curious to know deeper about him. Often read about their exploit in DREAM interpretations.

Or tell us MORE about spiritual guiders according to Kitab wal Sunnah, their features and mode of their acquaintance?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
guru1234:
@EMEKARAj, u need to learn "AUTHENTC TAUHEED" as all this jinn stories and spritual jihad you only need to ask yoursef how it does benefit the UMAH and how does that make you a better muslim. Not all knowledge are beneficial, and you need to be careful so u wont lead yoursef astray.....MASALAM
how can you tell he doesn't know "authentic tawheed"?. Is there anything from his stories that goes against tawheed?. Knowing tawheed is one thing, personal experience is another. Tawheed as we know it has two facets basically.

One is that you profess openly to be muslim and you put it into practise (shahada, salat, zakat, ramadan, hajj etc). The other aspect it within yourself and your Lord. It is up to individual to talk about it or not. So you just don't conclude he doesn't know tawheed just bcus he's said something you might not agree with. Indeed, it might not seem beneficial to you and others but there are those who learn from it. There exist in Islam "spirituality" whether you like it or not

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
@emekaraj, watch this 4 mins vid and read few comments on the video. Oh, sorry, u dont speak yoruba but you can read comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9QhXPCruTA
Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
LadunaI:
@Albaqir
You are now talking. grin grin grin Can you tell us the spiritual guide of Imam Jafar Sadiq(ra), just been curious to know deeper about him. Often read about their exploit in DREAM interpretations.

Or tell us MORE about spiritual guiders according to Kitab wal Sunnah, their features and mode of their acquaintance?

Thanks.

# Am I not talking before? grin It depends on what you guys present.

# Anyway, as per spiritual guidelines of Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (alaih salam), there is a book attributed to him which explicitly give these guidelines towards spirituality. It is called, "Misbau sharia. You can download its translated version Lantern of the path here:
https://www.al-islam.org/lantern-of-the-path-imam-jafar-as-sadiq

# Want to know or study more about Irfan (called Tasawuf by the Sufi), what it entails and characteristics of spiritual guide(r), I have posted a book (and link to its PDF file) above before with the title, " Light within me". Its one of the best books on Irfan you can ever come across. Here's another more detailed book which teaches step by step on Irfan:
"Inner secrets of the path:
https://www.al-islam.org/inner-secrets-of-the-path-sayyid-haydar-amuli

Here's another:
" Self building"
https://www.al-islam.org/self-building-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini

# These books (and more) also explore the spiritual experiences of the people of the past. What they encountered and how they dealt with it.
Re: ...... by sino(m): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
lanrexlan:
"Vision of God"
From the wise sayings of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib, the Commander of the Faithful AS

Among the things he has stated, peace be upon him...
When Dhi'lib al-Yamani had asked him... "Have you seen your Lord, O Commander of the Faithful?"

So he replied, peace be upon him: "Would I worship that which I do not see?"

So Dhi'lib asked "How do you see Him?"

So Imam Ali, peace be upon him, said:

"Woe unto you oh Dhi'lib...

Eyes do not see Him with a direct witnessing.
But hearts perceive Him through the realities of authentic belief.

He is known through the evidence that points to Him.

He is described by indications.

He cannot be compared to human beings.

And He cannot be perceived by the senses.

Oh Dhi'lib My Lord is near to all things without physically touching them.

He is distant from them without being separate.

He speaks, but without the need for reflection.
He is manifest but not physically.

He has made Himself evident but without allowing direct vision.

He is separated but not through distance.

He is close but without sacrificing His exaltedness.

He wills, but without aspiration.

He molds but without the assistance of limbs.

He attains, but not through deceit.

He is subtle, but cannot be said to be concealed.

He is great, but cannot be said to be arrogant.

He is grand in His grandeur.

He cannot be described as having sizeable magnitude.

He is majestical in His splendor.

He cannot be described as massive.

He hears, but cannot be said to use the organ of hearing.

He sees, but cannot be attributed with the sense of sight.

He is merciful, but cannot be said to have weakness of heart.

He was before all things...

So that nothing can be said to be before Him.
And He is after all things

So "after" is not said of anything after Him.
He is within all things.

Without being merged with them...

And also without being separated from them.
He exists, but without the need to come into existence.

He acts without compulsion.

He determines, but without the need for movement.
Places do not contain Him.

He is not contained within time.

Attributes do not define Him with due respect.

The need for slumber never affects Him.

His existence precedes time itself.

His being precedes non-existence.

His eternalness precedes all beginnings.

He was Lord before there was anything to be lord of.

And He was God before there was anything to be god of.

He was knowing, before there was anything to be known.

He was hearing, before there was anything to be heard.

Faces surrender before His grandeur.

Hearts tremble exceedingly out of fear of Him.

Souls strive desperately to attain His full satisfaction."

By Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib AS in Nahjul Balagha & al-Kafi

Lanrexlan, what is the authenticity of the above?! I know Nahjul Balagha is not authenticated since it doesn't have isnad, moreover, its focus is said to be eloquence in language, thus, it is used as a book of Arabic literature and not a book to take religious verdicts or knowledge from.

Secondly, no doubt, we cannot see Allah (SWT) in this life, but there are substantial evidences (authentic) that establishes the fact that the believers would see Allah (SWT) in the hereafter, and that would be the ultimate reward after being admitted into paradise. You may read the evidences Here

Thirdly, I don't know your understanding of seeing Allah (SWT) in paradise, but part of what we shall see in paradise are what no eyes have ever seen, and no mind as ever even imagined, so I see no reason why anyone would find it difficult to believe that we would see Allah (SWT) in paradise, is it impossible for Allah (SWT) to make us see Him the way He wishes for us to see Him?!

Indeed Allah (SWT) does whatever He wants, and however he wants, befitting of His majesty and grandeur.
Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
^^^

# The above report of praise by Imam Ali, alaih salam, is in al-Kafi with sahih chain. The late Ayatullah al-khoei who is an hadith expert among many shii scholars, for example have written books proving the authenticity of every sermon, sayings and letters of Ameer al-mu'min in Nahj al-Balagha given references in other books of traditions.

# Today, its one of many areas students of learning (including my humble self) is studying.

# I think the approach used by the compiler of Nahj al-Balagha by not given any sanad or the original books he copied each of the sermons etc from is very wrong especially in this contemporary age.

# If you are interested in reading about Nahj al-Balagha authenticity, I will be glad to post you links.
Re: ...... by sino(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
^^^ Please provide the chain, and I hope the chain does not contain an anonymous narrator?!
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
Empiree:
@emekaraj, watch this 4 mins vid and read few comments on the video. Oh, sorry, u dont speak yoruba but you can read comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9QhXPCruTA
Empiree where u dey always get this video from, dem no dey get English. grin

The guy dat make d first comments just spoke my mind, there's no divinity attached to me oo I dnt know about others. It helps me in remembering Allah, that's all. Somtimes I even get ashamed of it and use it from my pocket, thinking pple will think am showing off, but then I thought wat da hell Allah knws best my intention.
Look at the second guy that commented, just look at the long thing he wrote, just to prove wat.
I dnt know why pple just can't look at the positive that someone is remembering Allah rather Dan d counter.
Truth is somtimes i cant even count to 33 without misplacing the count. So how can I count 100 or 1000. With the counter it gives me ease an i do more. I wonder wat they will say about the digital tesby dats in d market now.

My question is Whats the Sheikh stand on the issue and what's your stand.
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
guru1234:

My brother, u think as a devotee Muslim in my thirties I dnt knw wat authentic tawheed is, I dnt only knw them I strongly practice them. Well may be theres somthin I dnt knw dat u will like to teach me, pls u are welcome to add any useful info here.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
emekaRaj:

Empiree where u dey always get this video from, dem no dey get English. grin

The guy dat make d first comments just spoke my mind, there's no divinity attached to me oo I dnt know about others. It helps me in remembering Allah, that's all. Somtimes I even get ashamed of it and use it from my pocket, thinking pple will think am showing off, but then I thought wat da hell Allah knws best my intention.
Look at the second guy that commented, just look at the long thing he wrote, just to prove wat.
I dnt know why pple just can't look at the positive that someone is remembering Allah rather Dan d counter.
Truth is somtimes i cant even count to 33 without misplacing the count. So how can I count 100 or 1000. With the counter it gives me ease an i do more. I wonder wat they will say about the digital tesby dats in d market now.

My question is Whats the Sheikh stand on the issue and what's your stand.
Digital counter?. They condemn it all, that nabi(SAW) did not use it. Therefore, it is bidah according to them. The man answering question basically was saying it is bidah and nabi did not use it.

Neither did he clutch around with it around nor in car. He said he(saw) counted with his fingers. Dont mind them, they sometimes exaggerate that some muslims attribute divinity to it just to back their point. I have personally not seen one. The second guy was saying that they even hang it in their car. My response to that is so what?. dont we hang perfume in the car?. does hanging it there bring good or bad thing to add to our lives?. They are trying to prove that hanging it there is some sort of divinity.

As you could see, the other guy gave up on silly argument he could not defend. He condemned it just bcus his Ustas did.
Re: ...... by emekaRaj(m): 11:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
AlBaqir:
SOME WORDS ABOUT SPIRITUALITY

a spiritual wayfarer needs a spiritual guider. And to know the right guider is yet another big problem. Obviously, a fake guider is easily recognised in the fact that they failed woefully and easily in Shari'at. How can somebody that doesn't pray at all, or on time be a true spiritual guide?!

My brother tank u for touching this topic. this spiritual guider interest me more.

I said it here u can't just give someone some codes dat they should go and do it, without u even knowing wats going to happen if they do it, which means u hav nt gone through that part but wants to use another person as a test. Wat if d person runs mad.

If u want to toe spiritual part u need a very experienced guider. Not online guider, someone that will be their physically guiding u.its very important

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 12:46am On Jul 03, 2017
^^^^

Sounds familiar with what I read on fb this afternoon (attachment). Sheikh Habibu also said similar thing as well about importance of having guide sheikh.

But today, people don't want to serve. I understand there are fake shuyukh who only want to use you or want u to be subservient to them 100%. But this should not debar truth seekers from reaching their goal. Kidma is very important.

We also have some saying that kidma is shikr. They said this out of desires. SMH

1 Like

Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 5:59am On Jul 03, 2017
emekaRaj:

My brother tank u for touching this topic. this spiritual guider interest me more.

I said it here u can't just give someone some codes dat they should go and do it, without u even knowing wats going to happen if they do it, which means u hav nt gone through that part but wants to use another person as a test. Wat if d person runs mad.

If u want to toe spiritual part u need a very experienced guider. Not online guider, someone that will be their physically guiding u.its very important

Absolutely. In fact according to the submission of several spiritual wayfarers, it is affirmed that you will reach a stage where Khidr will accompany you. Of course Khidr is known to be in the spiritual realm. He is among the reliable guide/leader.
Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 10:28am On Jul 03, 2017
sino:
^^^ Please provide the chain, and I hope the chain does not contain an anonymous narrator?!

Sanad : A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Khalid from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn abu Nasr from abu al-Hassan al-Muwsali from abu ‘Abd Allah (as) who said the above hadith

Source : Usool Al-Kafi, Volume 1, Chapter 31,
Hadith #6

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.