Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Entangled Souls (episode 2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Entangled Souls (episode 2) (804 Views)

Short Story: ENTANGLED / Entangled / Entangled Souls (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entangled Souls (episode 2) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2017

Ding! Ding!! Ding!!!
He struggled to lay his hands on the cell phone that laid vibrating on the desk beside his bed as he opened his eyes to see the brightness of a new dawn.
''Hello, my name is Tiara Davis from Silvery Clouds Enterprise, am i speaking with Mr. Harrison?''
Harrison's eyes widened as that voice struck and rang a bell that almost blew his head off.
''Tiara Davis? Humm... Yeah, it's Harrison, how may i... May i help you ma'am?''
''Am a representative of Silvery Clouds Enterprise and I'd like to meet with you on business matters''.
''Oh... I see... So, humm, how do you suggest we meet cause am a really busy person''
''I know that Mr. Harrison, and that's why i wouldn't want to interfere with your schedules, i checked by at your office yesterday evening and your secretary made me to understand i'd have to wait till nextweek before booking an appointment but that would be too late so i got your card and decided to call you up instead. So, i was wondering if I could just steal a lil' of your time over lunch''
''Humm, lunch? i barely have the time for that, but for a name like Tiara Davis i sure would make some time for it''
''Thank you so much Mr. Harrison. Which restaurant would you prefer?''
''I'd like the one closer to my office, let's say Super Cook's, by 12noon''
''All right sir, am really grateful for giving me the audience''
''You're welcome Miss Tiara Davis''
Harrison could still not get it, he spranged out of the bed, dashed to the bathroom and splashed some water in his face to make sure he wasn't dreaming.
It's been twelve long years, yet that voice still echoed familiarity. The last memory he had of Tiara Davis was the smile on her face and the sound of her laughter has she bade her friends farewell on their High School Grads day. He could remember how much he wished she was bading him farewell instead, with such bright and charming smile. He could remember how much he had wanted to hug her even if for once. He could still remember how one day during high school she had tripped and wanted to fall and he quickly held out his hands to catch her. He wondered why she never really took notice of him despite the fact that he was always trying to get closer.
The way Tiara had laughed off the fact that he loved her when he made his feelings known claiming he was only fooling around and didn't care how much it hurted him for not taking his words serious, flashed through is mind like an open tap and stinged him like an insect bite.
''Could it be Tiara, the girl he had spent the whole twelve long years after high school looking for? Could she be walking straight into his arms? Has she finally come to stay?'' Harrison could not answer the questions that filled his buzzing head.
To be continued...

Re: Entangled Souls (episode 2) by sochey(f): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
Wonderful smiley

(1) (Reply)

a / 19 Ways To Fix Your Wife - When She Is Falling Apart / Taboo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.