Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Debunking Atheist Beliefs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking Atheist Beliefs (548 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking Atheist Beliefs by Lilzmalcolm(m): 7:42am On Feb 17, 2017
Recently, I stumbled across a pitiful post made by a medical doctor, with which he was avowing his views about God.
He made reference to many situations where patients would be on the verge of death, call God, and their call would be unanswered.
Well, it could be a problem to christians, but not to muslims.
Why?
Because we have the recorded sayings of the prophet, known as the hadeeth explaining to us whatever could leave our minds open for a dirt wall to be built around it.

1.The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Call on Allah while having full conviction that He will answer, and realize that Allah does not answer the du’a that proceeds from a heedless, inattentive heart.” [Tirmidhi]

2.the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) taught us that supplications are answered in one of three ways:
[1] by actually giving the thing being asked;
[2] Or by warding off a harm that would have otherwise afflicted the person;
[3] Or as gifts awaiting the person in the next life, which is the best form of du’a being answered. [Musnad Ahmad].

This, is the reason behind the conversion of many from Islaam to atheism, the claim that they were once in a situation of need and God didn't answer his calls, or because he suffered a lot despite the fact that he worships God.
So, they go on and decide that God is not just and therefore does not exist.

Meanwhile, this is against the human sense, why is there a paradise and a hellfire?
There are, so that you may be rewarded for your deeds in this world and your patience when you were tested by God.

Now, by disbelieving in God, does your situation get better?
No, because after the suffering in this world, you believe you die and everything ends?
So, that's just?
It's just that the politicians that stole our money are never rewarded and those that didn't, never rewarded too?
Then, why should they stop stealing?
Re: Debunking Atheist Beliefs by akintom(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2017
Lilzmalcolm:

2.the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) taught us that supplications are answered in one of three ways:
?

Evidences abound to the effect that Allah has never and will never grant prayer requests.

Lilzmalcolm:

?
This is according to Myths and tales by moonlight. Nothing like this can be established objectively.

Lilzmalcolm:

[3] Or as gifts awaiting the person in the next life, which is the best form of du’a being answered. [Musnad Ahmad].
?

Like the illusionary promise of 70 virgins abi?

Lilzmalcolm:

This, is the reason behind the conversion of many from Islaam to atheism, the claim that they were once in a situation of need and God didn't answer his calls, or because he suffered a lot despite the fact that he worships God.
So, they go on and decide that God is not just and therefore does not exist.?

this is not atheism. This is called religious disillusionment. Atheism can be likened to a man who has been healed of blindness, he certainly will never wish to be blind again.

Lilzmalcolm:

?

* yes, i can refuse to believe that receiving blood transfusion angers god. I will live and not suffer pain or death.

* I can reject Allah and Mohammad as worthy of any notice. Yet i will live a fulfilling life. Devoid of:

# fanaticism
# terrorism
# hatred
# fatalism
# child abuse and slavery
# chauvinistic and misogynistic tendencies.

6 Likes

Re: Debunking Atheist Beliefs by donnffd(m): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2017
if Allah is so great and real, then why dont christians, jews, hindus and all other religious people believe he exists?

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Atheist Beliefs by onetrack(m): 10:44am On Feb 17, 2017
Lilzmalcolm:
Recently, I stumbled across a pitiful post made by a medical doctor, with which he was avowing his views about God.
He made reference to many situations where patients would be on the verge of death, call God, and their call would be unanswered.
Well, it could be a problem to christians, but not to muslims.
Why?
Because we have the recorded sayings of the prophet, known as the hadeeth explaining to us whatever could leave our minds open for a dirt wall to be built around it.

1.The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Call on Allah while having full conviction that He will answer, and realize that Allah does not answer the du’a that proceeds from a heedless, inattentive heart.” [Tirmidhi]

So, they go on and decide that God is not just and therefore does not exist.

Meanwhile, this is against the human sense, why is there a paradise and a hellfire?
There are, so that you may be rewarded for your deeds in this world and your patience when you were tested by God.

No, because after the suffering in this world, you believe you die and everything ends?
So, that's just?
It's just that the politicians that stole our money are never rewarded and those that didn't, never rewarded too?
Then, why should they stop stealing?

You have failed to demonstrate that Allah exists, and that paradise and hell exist as well. You have failed to demonstrate that Muhammad was a prophet. You have not provided any method to test empirically the validity of any of your claims.

Therefore what you have written is completely inconsequential and meaningless.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Atheist Beliefs by Lilzmalcolm(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2017
onetrack:

You have failed to demonstrate that Allah exists, and that paradise and hell exist as well. You have failed to demonstrate that Muhammad was a prophet. You have not provided any method to test empirically the validity of any of your claims.

Therefore what you have written is completely inconsequential and meaningless.

Neither did the doctor present any meaningful argument against God's existence.
I didn't because I had no reason to.
I posted that as a reply to him because he claims the only reason behind his conversion is that issue of 'answering prayers'.
So, maybe if you've got another reason, we can talk it out here. Maybe.
Re: Debunking Atheist Beliefs by Lilzmalcolm(m): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2017
akintom:

Evidences abound to the effect that Allah has never and will never grant prayer requests.

Evidences indeed. Bring them forth. Don't just tell me evidences exist.

This is according to Myths and tales by moonlight. Nothing like this can be established objectively.

Like the illusionary promise of 70 virgins abi?

Well, I don't know where you guys got your 70 virgins shit from.
Back it up with a quranic verse.
And man, the promise of paradise is not an illusion. If there are billions of stars, each so much bigger than the earth, why does it make no sense to you that there's a paradise.
Imagine someone had been told about how gigantic each star is, and how much the stars are ten thousand years ago,
what do you think he'd have said?
He'd have said just as you say now about paradise.
Why?
Because he was ignorant of the fact that besides this earth, any other planet exists.
So, if there could be these much stars, then why couldn't there be a paradise?

this is not atheism. This is called religious disillusionment. Atheism can be likened to a man who has been healed of blindness, he certainly will never wish to be blind again.

Well, blindness has grades, so being delivered from a stage of total blindness to a stage of partial blindness is great.
But don't you ever wish to stop wearing glasses?

* yes, i can refuse to believe that receiving blood transfusion angers god. I will live and not suffer pain or death.

Can't make any sense outta this.

* I can reject Allah and Mohammad as worthy of any notice. Yet i will live a fulfilling life. Devoid of:

# fanaticism
# terrorism
# hatred
# fatalism
# child abuse and slavery
# chauvinistic and misogynistic tendencies.

Wow! Would you? Would you live a peaceful life by knowing that you'd never be punished for killing, stealing, or any bad thing? That's criminal.
So, what'd make me think slavery as being wrong? We're not equal and can never be equal. Why has 'nature' created us unequal? Created some as presidents and some as slaves?
What do you think would ever make an atheist slave happy if he knows that after the suffering in this world, he'd never be rewarded. He'd live a completely sad life.
But, a theist would know that as long as he believes in God, there's a promise of a better life, that'd get him going and happy.
So, if what you wanna achieve is a world pervaded with happiness, with everyone happy, then theism not atheism is the way.
Re: Debunking Atheist Beliefs by akintom(m): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2017
I
Re: Debunking Atheist Beliefs by akintom(m): 8:51am On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Lilzmalcolm post=53847035][/quote]

I find it difficult to respond to your comments/points, because it's all muddled up.

Let me teach you how to respond per point.

1. Click qoute
2. Highlight the bracketed "quoted author....." and copy it, paste it blow the point you want to respond to.
3. Copy the bracketed "qoute" at the end of my post, highlight it and copy, and paste it just at the end of the last word, of the point you want to quote.
4. Write your reply between step 2 and 3.
5. Repeat the same for all the points you wanna respond to.

Goodluck!

But the summary of all your rebuttal, is still 100% based on assumptions and illusions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Money And The Gospel / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/03/17 / 7 Realities Christians Need To Embrace Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.