Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How (10019 Views)

Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) / Urgently Needed At Mile 12!!! Data Capturing Job Using Excel / How To Apply For Job Using Different Recruitment Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How by BiafranBushBoy: 12:55am On Feb 18, 2017
amzee:

Its stated in the post that advertise yourself and i just did that.
So what are you saying?

Bro... I understand you...

Instead of using "to keep body and soul together... can't you show them something you can really offer?

E.G.

I need a customer care job.. to show how I can convert leads into full-time customers with ease

Doesn't it sound better? Be specific bro... Help will come your way smiley
Re: Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How by belovedsamex(m): 3:39am On Feb 18, 2017
I'm kind of skeptical about this job vacancy thing. Can any organization just offer me a chance to prove my worth by inviting me for an interview?

I had a B.Sc in Biochemistry...from University of Ibadan. I didn't like the course, but my performance during my IT at LASUTH as a lab technician almost earned me a job, only that I didn't make myself available.

After my Youth service, I went to Obtain a Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, because I discovered I had so much potentials in that field. I finished last October, 2016 with a Distinction. I didn't just had the certificate, I had the skill I wanted to acquire. I could design circuits, build something useful out of them.
My project topic was on Phase-Selector-Switch. I designed the circuit myself when my supervisor always faulted the ones I downloaded online. I built the device and it was superb. When I was defending the project, I discovered it was a "teaching" session, rather than a defense, cos majority of the Panel members were new lecturers who wanted to learn about the device.

With all these abilities, and results, I thought it would be easy for me to get good IT placement for a 1year IT. I applied to several companies. Currently I'm in Lagos because someone who works with Sonny Ericson Nig invited me to Lagos for IT, but till now, I've not gotten an invite after submiting my letters to them. I'm not even interested in being payed anymore. Most companies when I want to apply, they'll say something like: "we are not hiring IT staff for now". But after, I'd meet someone who got a placement there.

Right now, I'm just working on my own stuffs: I design and build Automatic Changeover for my neighbors, design useful circuits and keep them for future use. All these I do just to keep up with my passion for my new career. I'm also looking for job with my B.Sc..par adventure that would open a door for me.
Re: Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How by delishpot: 4:11am On Feb 18, 2017
amzee:

I cant see what they are missing cos i have a good result e.t.c thats needed.

Ok bro, I just believe you have talents and aspirations unique to your personality that would sell. Are you good at closing deals, able to manage a small group and supervise projects with good results? Are you good at chasing leads? Market research to reel in potential clients, manage a facility with little supervision? Good at book keeping, gifted in brand or business promotion etc. You know, points to sell your market . Its all good, I wish only the best for you.
Re: Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How by amzee(m): 9:39am On Feb 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Bro... I understand you...

Instead of using "to keep body and soul together... can't you show them something you can really offer?

E.G.

I need a customer care job.. to show how I can convert leads into full-time customers with ease

Doesn't it sound better? Be specific bro... Help will come your way smiley
Thanks Bro. Noted.
Re: Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How by amzee(m): 9:41am On Feb 18, 2017
delishpot:

Ok bro, I just believe you have talents and aspirations unique to your personality that would sell. Are you good at closing deals, able to manage a small group and supervise projects with good results? Are you good at chasing leads? Market research to reel in potential clients, manage a facility with little supervision? Good at book keeping, gifted in brand or business promotion etc. You know, points to sell your market . Its all good, I wish only the best for you.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How by bennyboss(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2017
Wow folks ds is a nice point. I myself have bn wondering if ds daya one can get jobs on social networks. I just needed a change of job cos m tired of working and not getting a steady salary. Atimes for 3 months no pay, yet u r expected to produce results. Am with a construction coy, as project engineer/ supervisor. Pls folks I need a change especially in construction company if u come across any, pls help a brother in needoooo. My number is 08033644007 tnks
Re: Can I Get A Job Using Social Media? – Discover How by Valindazz(m): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

How was it?
I turned it down. The company is LASACO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adexen Recruitment Agency Fresh Job Recruitment (9 Positions) / Job Vacancy: Customer Success Associate (remote) At Caret / Apply For Sansvid M. International Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.