Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade (29737 Views)

Is An F Grade Much Better Than a D And An E ? / What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / APC UK Mocks Corpers Who Don't Know Meaning Of 'CCTV' & 'vertebrae' (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by uvalued(m): 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
obyrich:
What the OP is saying is that 'F' only means failure when you fail to try out other alternative means of survival in this highly competitive world. It only means failure when you accept the fact that you cannot make it in your career simply because you failed in your initial attempt.

Nobody is a failure but those who believe they are.
its like you miss the first bus and begin to weep "EPIC FAIL" ... no you simply relax, next bus is coming....*whistling out of thread*
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by cyber5(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
lacasera14

I swear you're the man
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Vicolan: 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Guy F na failure and moreover u can't use another person success as failure so kwn dt all fingers ain't equal....
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by obyrich(m): 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
uvalued:

its like you miss the first bus and begin to weep "EPIC FAIL" ... no you simply relax, next bus is coming....*whistling out of thread*
Hi I don't understand you. If you are insinuating I'm a failure, then shove it up your stinking arse. I don't need to boast but I'm doing well in my career.
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by pepigeorge(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
Finally, when ur parents spent their hard earn money to send you to school and you come up with a meaningless article like this.... is the true definition of failure

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by lacasera14(m): 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
lemme get something straight here, I didn't bag an "F" in any course, matter of fact I'm doing great with my studies so this is not about me. This article was ignited in me to inspire those who are loosing it academically, who about to give up, who thinks they can't succeed in anything judging from their terrible grades. The F grade doesn't determine your destiny, what if you bag all the A's and you still remain poor with your 9-5 job. who first class don help. How many A did dangote have while in school? most of the world richest men today didn't attribute their successes to the A's they had it's all boils down to talent, passion, hard work, perseverance and God. Most rich men today are dumb but they employ A students to give them what they want. with God and hard work even your third class can seat you in high places.
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by lacasera14(m): 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
pepigeorge:
Finally, when ur parents spent their hard earn money to send you to school and you come up with a meaningless article like this.... is the true definition of failure
There'll always be dumb critics like you everywhere, what if I'm training myself in school? it's meaningless go and write your own ni and let's see how meaningful it is.
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Dayoade92(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Bitcoiniler:
We all have different abilities, thought processes, experiences and genes – so why is a class full of individuals tested by the same means?
How many equations, subjects and dates did you memorize just before an exam never to use again?
How many "A" grades did you get, which were never asked for when applying for a job? Exams are society's methods of telling you what you're worth.
Hello Mr. Suli? wink

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by DECOtech(m): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
lacasera14:

The conventional F grade in our ivory towers meant you've failed and you have to repeat a course, you are given a second chance to try, to proof you can do it. Most students have been aggravated, depressed, heartbroken, dissuaded and discouraged by that alphabet F. But I'll tell you all something derailing and out-of-the-way norms about F. That grade called F doesn't mean failure, so if your reasoning has been stereotyped to thinking that F is = failure, sweetheart at the risk of sounding controversial I hereby put it to you that you are hela wrong. The real F that means failure is
When you can't pay your children's school fees of 300k
When your Coursemate splashes you water from his factory fitted customized range Rover Vogue 2020 model
When you still give #20 offering in church while your mates give #20,000
When 5 years after graduating you are still eating "mummy thank you "
When your wife gives birth to triplets and you took off because you can't foot the bills
When your rent is due and you start avoiding your landlord
When you die and not even your street is not aware of who you are
When you go to hell fire and start selling pure water
When your kids say "daddy buy me ice cream" and you scream "how many times have I told you sugar is not good for your health!!! "
This and many more of it's kind are the real F's For those whose dreams transcends beyond the long brick walls of their departmental blocks
For those who have multi million dollar destinies
For those who see the university as an orientation camp
For the future zuckerbergs and gates, chimamanda and Achebe, iyanya and psquare, Dangote and otedola
For those with similar rocket science dreams like mine
F is just the 6th alphabet of the great British English Stay focused Victoria ascerta !!!

Ekwe Obedience University of Calabar, Nigeria ( M
This is a highly motivating piece. weldone OP
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
lacasera14:
lemme get something straight here, I didn't bag an "F" in any course, matter of fact I'm doing great with my studies so this is not about me. This article was ignited in me to inspire those who are loosing it academically, who about to give up, who thinks they can't succeed in anything judging from their terrible grades. The F grade doesn't determine your destiny, what if you bag all the A's and you still remain poor with your 9-5 job. who first class don help. How many A did dangote have while in school? most of the world richest men today didn't attribute their successes to the A's they had it's all boils down to talent, passion, hard work, perseverance and God. Most rich men today are dumb but they employ A students to give them what they want. with God and hard work even your third class can seat you in high places.

Ride on bro, you're making a whole lot of sense, I'm not surprised a set of people are against what you've said.
I can only tell you we'll actually need them in future to have sleepless nights and run our offices while we sip coffee.I mean if we don't take care of them who will...
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Kazrem(m): 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
I like it but a real F would have been:

Not fulfilling your potential.

Not actualizing your dream because of fear, what people would say and self limiting beliefs.

Not doing anything to improve your situation but blaming government, family background, university lecturer for your woes.

Let what others say or think determine what you do.
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Olulinks(m): 7:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
UniQuegrACE:
lol sweetheart stop deceiving yourself F means failure, you just failed!
And you just failed woefully, dear!
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Codyt(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

I CAN SMELL A POTENTIAL FAILURE HERE!
Bad belle somebory.

The real problem with you all is too much Contradictory knowledge. Forever looking for faults. Don't be short sighted, get educated!

angry angry angry
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by nigeriancritic1(m): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Codyt:

Bad belle somebory.

The real problem with you all is too much Contradictory knowledge. Forever looking for faults. Don't be short sighted, get educated!

angry angry angry
So F is your portion too
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by lacasera14(m): 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Kazrem:
I like it but a real F would have been:

Not fulfilling your potential.

Not actualizing your dream because of fear, what people would say and self limiting beliefs.

Not doing anything to improve your situation but blaming government, family background, university lecturer for your woes.

Let what others say or think determine what you do.
tanx for the contribution man.
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Codyt(m): 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

So F is your portion too
F is not my portion. Will you just understand the message the Op is tryna pass angry angry

Change your perspective for a minute ok? It's a highly motivating piece.
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by nigeriancritic1(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2017
Codyt:

F is not my portion. Will you just understand the message the Op is tryna pass angry angry

Change your perspective for a minute ok? It's a highly motivating piece.
He is Encouraging all of you to fail. Lazy ones. I will only agree if you can fail forward. Nonsense!
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Codyt(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

He is Encouraging all of you to fail. Lazy ones. I will only agree if you can fail forward. Nonsense!
Intelligence is not a privilege, it's a gift....
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 20, 2017
Codyt:

Intelligence is not a privilege, it's a gift....

Exactly, that naijacritic guy is probably a dunce who cannot decipher the message in the op's writeup....We know them ''La cram La pour''.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Codyt(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
Pussickpunk:

Exactly, that naijacritic guy is probably a dunce who cannot decipher the message in the op's writeup....We know them ''La cram La pour''.
You get am!! Chai that nigga tho undecided

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 21, 2017
lacasera14:
You can rewrite and get a C or B so it's not really failure. Failure in the real world is where I'm driving at.
bro u dnt need to prove to anyone ur write up already explains it better. they re just blind to the fact
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by Rigby: 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

I AM A GRADUATE OF BIOCHEMISTRY 2ND CLASS UPPER 2006. I HAVE WORKED WITH SEVERAL ORGANIZATIONS AND NOW I HAVE MY OWN OUTFIT WHERE I USE, TO A GREATER EXTENT, MY ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE AND HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE. I AM A PG STUDENT (RESEARCH) AT OAU AND MY FIRST CHILD A GIRL WILL SOON JOIN ME AT OAU FOR HER UNDERGRAD. WHILE I PURSUE PHD. YOU CAN'T BEAT ACADEMIC BRILLIANCE IF YOU HAVE YOUR FACULTIES INTACT. I HAVE 5 KIDS! NOW, I DONT WORK FOR ANYONE AND I FEED THEM WITHOUT EARNING A DIME ELSEWHERE. YOU CANT BEAT BRILLIANCE AND PERSEVERANCE.
FOR HOW LONG AM I GOING TO TEACH YOU SMALL GUYS HERE HOW TO GET A LIFE?

in one sentence what do you mean by get a life?
Re: The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade by nigeriancritic1(m): 9:12am On Feb 22, 2017
Rigby:

in one sentence what do you mean by get a life?
GET A LIFE!
DOES THAT ANSWER IT?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands / Igbinedion University To Expel 86 Bauchi Students, Read Reason Why / Innoson Vehicles Withdraws Scholarship From Miss Joy Mmesoma Ejikeme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.