Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday (1238 Views)

Femi Otedola Having Lunch With Temi, His Daughter, Mr. Eazi’s Wife To Be / Tony Elumelu Wears N400,000 Shirt To Staff Lunch Meeting (Photos) / Ghana Blames Lack Of Electricity On Vultures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by Buyeradvertcom: 10:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
You will soon be able to light up bulbs and power appliances such as fans, televisions, cellphones and computers with mobile electricity on the go — and pay for the services by mobile phone.

The revolutionary service, Lumos Mobile Electricity Service powered by MTN, is set for national roll-out on Monday, with Babatunde Fashola, minister of power, expected to be in attendance.

The first-of-its-kind mobile electricity service kit comprises of a solar panel, an indoor power unit, phone charging accessories, two LED light bulbs and DC to AC converter.

Lumos, globally renowned solar architects, is targeting families and businesses around the country for the service in conjunction with MTN, ICT giants.

“With this innovative service, Nigerians can enjoy affordable, accessible, noise-free and fume-free electricity for everyday use and conveniently pay with airtime from a MTN mobile phone. The Mobile Electricity Service kit which comes with a 5-year repair service policy, can light up bulbs and power appliances like fans, televisions, cellphones and computers,” the two companies said in a press statement on Friday.

CEO of MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman, said his company has launched a variety of technology-driven products and initiatives which have helped to improve the lives of Nigerians, solve problems and encourage intelligent minds with brilliant ideas to achieve more with natural resources.

“Our partnership with LUMOS was borne out of the need to provide safe, affordable electricity alternatives for Nigerians to uninterruptedly conduct their daily businesses. We at MTN value lives and the overall wellbeing of Nigerians and we’ll continue to put out initiatives that focus on providing life solutions,” Moolman said.

Davidi Vortman, CEO and co-founder of Lumos, said: “This is an incredibly exciting partnership that will bring power and new opportunities to homes and businesses throughout Nigeria. Together we can make a fantastic impact on people’s lives, helping children do their homework, ensuring businesses and clinics can stay open later, and ensuring people no longer have to rely on dangerous stoves.”

https://www.thecable.ng/comes-mobile-electricity-mtn-lumos

Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
ok.. am waiting..
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
Dead on arrival! Very useless government....

Where's lalsticlacla sef!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by decatalyst(m): 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
grayht:
Dead on arrival!
Very useless government....

Where's lalsticlacla sef!

My friend, you don't just jump into conclusion. You obviously know nothing about that product.

Lot of people are enjoying it...more so, it can power DC appliances now.

If the govt can't help us, let's help ourselves!

1 Like

Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
decatalyst:

My friend, you don't just jump into conclusion. You obviously know nothing about that product.

Lot of people are enjoying it...more so, it can power DC appliances now.

If the govt can't help us, let's help ourselves!
lol.. People using it should make a review about it. Thank you
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by matrixme(m): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2017
We had high hopes on this clumpsy invention until I saw its impracticality at a friend's place. For the amount you can buy a bigger sized generator, you will get it, only to light very few bulbs and charge few gadgets.
The annoying thing also is that it can carry only small screen TV, no fridge, no iron....
You will also keep loading recharge card on it.
I think MTN should just focus on billing us unnecessarily if they want more money. This is just a no-no!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by JVgal(f): 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
Electricity " every where you go'
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by DoyenExchange: 11:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
A good initiative. Thank you MTN.
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by ucheheart(m): 7:14am On Feb 18, 2017
matrixme:
We had high hopes on this clumpsy invention until I saw its impracticality at a friend's place. For the amount you can buy a bigger sized generator, you will get it, only to light very few bulbs and charge few gadgets.
The annoying thing also is that it can carry only small screen TV, no fridge, no iron....
I think MTN should just focus on billing us unnecessarily if they want more money. This is just a no-no!!!
can't it be connected to an inverter to carry bigger appliances?
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 18, 2017
matrixme:
Well said! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by matrixme(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
ucheheart:
can't it be connected to an inverter to carry bigger appliances?
It has it's own inverter system
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by ucheheart(m): 3:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
matrixme:
It has it's own inverter system
Ok so how much is involved
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by otitokoroleti: 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
That yeye appliances na crap! its been in circulation for more than a year! it can only power dc appliances! its ideal for person wey want just light & to charge your phone! That Chinko crap na shit!
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by pabon(m): 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Would have been cool if it was really designed for all appliances

In the meantime,

This newly launched site is currently blazing hot like kilode?! Hurry now and register while it yet tarries....10k and 100k packages are as hot as hell!

Thank me later....
http://www.fastrecycler.com/register/Pabon

I also have a special group where I reveal d latest ponzi schemes so you register immediately they cone out. Contact me via email or with my number and I'll add you.

zero 9 zero 266 one eight 366.
Re: Fashola And MTN Set To Lunch Mobile Electricity On Monday by austinauto(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2017
The idea is not bad, but still waiting for review

(1) (Reply)

An Ultimate Guide To Finders Fee / Palm Oil Buyers In Kaduna and Kano state should click here... / Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.