Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

CBN Offers Banks $20m Weekly Allocation For Invisibles - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Offers Banks $20m Weekly Allocation For Invisibles (12886 Views)

CBN Offers Local Drug Manufacturers N500m Maximum Grant / CBN Offers ₦50 Billion Credit To Households, Businesses Affected By Coronavirus / CBN Offers $367m For Forex Forwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Offers Banks $20m Weekly Allocation For Invisibles by darqly(m): 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
pat1612:

Unfortunately this system stops once the import have been made and circle remains incomplete on portal.to complete it we have to go to banķ for manual submission of documents and wait for allocation from cbn at mercy of this bank to allocate us fund.
But if this portal is further advance to allocate funds automatically once all formalities are completed by bank and allocation awarded to person depending on form number on first come first serve bases it will remove a big chunk of corruption and bring transparency in allocation with all record available online.

I admit I've never heard of this, but you've pointed out that the circle is incomplete. This is deliberate I'm sure. Remove more of the middleman, and you reduce the chance for people to cheat the system and beneficiaries.
Re: CBN Offers Banks $20m Weekly Allocation For Invisibles by anonimi: 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
kaboninc:
What then is your solution...

A single rate for all transactions as was the case under Jonathan leading to only small difference between the official and parallel market while inflows and outflows went on unhindered.
The presumably tight control and multiple rates is simply CORRUPTION by the team of the illiterate old man who is steadily ruining our country as he did before over 30 years ago.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306
Re: CBN Offers Banks $20m Weekly Allocation For Invisibles by SmartMugu: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
kaboninc:

What then is your solution...
No country thrives when there are multiple exchange rates with spreads so far apart. Unfortunately that's the situation at hand in Nigeria.

Obviously the masses is impacted, don't want to keep living their lives in circles and be taken as specimens from these experimentations from unstable policies.

BDCs have one rate, CBN is forcing a much lower rate, money transfer businesses like Western Union etc have their own rates.

Rates should be defined by the forces of demand and supply, not imposed on the populace. All authoritative bodies just need to sit together and decide is devaluation is the way out.
Re: CBN Offers Banks $20m Weekly Allocation For Invisibles by Shakitibob0: 6:36am On Feb 22, 2017
daywalker12911:

I don't know about your bank but in mine it's 100% free and fair.
please which bank?
Re: CBN Offers Banks $20m Weekly Allocation For Invisibles by henriq2: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2017
I was told yesterday by a banker that it has taken effect since two days ago (20/02/17)

Is confirming from your bank is what you may do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, Prof. Utomi, SLOT MD, Other Experts Speak At YES In Lagos / Over 2,000 Nigerians Receive Startup Funds From Consummate Traders - Ishaku / Flower Delivery Service In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.