Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

There Is No Such Thing As 'luck' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Is No Such Thing As 'luck' (475 Views)

Man Narrates How Lady Who Humiliated His Dad Years Back Suffered Ill-luck / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / Is There Such Thing As A PERFECT FAMILY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Such Thing As 'luck' by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2017
Sometimes we are deceived by the word ‘Luck’ or ‘Lucky.’ When something happens beyond your expectation you say it is luck.

Well, there is no such thing as luck because, for every success, a lot of hard work must be put in place!

Nobody has ever achieved success by mere sitting in one place and staring out of the window, waiting for luck!

It is sometimes opportunity, when opportunity meets preparedness then it turns out to be ‘luck,’ then you start saying you were lucky!

If you didn’t prepare for opportunity, would you have achieved your set goals? Definitely no!

So, to prepare for opportunity, does it not require enough hard work and sometimes sleepless nights?

When you eventually achieve your aim, it then means you worked for it and not being lucky! The word ‘luck’ has misled a lot of individuals.

I laugh when someone worked so hard to be where they are and you hear people saying ‘’oh that guy or gal is lucky.’’

Nobody is ever lucky with anything, believe me or you do your findings. In some job interviews, people are chosen because they prepared for it!

So many times, you get to hear that someone was lucky to be chosen among other applicants, but they will never know how hard the guy worked.

I love success and can do anything to achieve it, what I don’t know I learn fast! Nothing is ever too hard or too complicated for me to learn.

Even in a race, for instance, a marathon race, people who make it to the finishing line, didn’t get there by ‘luck,’ they prepared for it.

If they didn’t prepare for it, some other person who did would win the race. And ‘luck’ would not be on the person’s side.

I enjoy watching Olympic Games so much, not because I want to entertain myself with the different games and beautiful scenes.

I enjoy it because, I watch how people are determined and prepared to achieve what takes about 2-3 years to prepare!

None of them came there to win through ‘luck,’ they came there to win through rigorous training they put themselves through.

People should forget about the word ‘luck’ and seek to get anything done through hard work and dignified labor.

Sometimes I hear some folks say, ‘’I am not a lucky person.’’ ‘’I am not going to make it through this or that.’’

Quit deceiving yourself if you are one of those. Determination plus hard work is equals to success, we all know that from the beginning!

At times, it may be that you need to make adjustments with your lifestyle and the way you perceive things, like changing your attitude to work, etc.

When you put in effort and attain a certain level of success and, people see you and say, ‘’oh, see how lucky you are.’’

Tell them it is not luck, it is pure hard work that got you there, you wanted it, you achieved it. Tell them, there is no such thing as luck!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com
Re: There Is No Such Thing As 'luck' by konfused: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2017
So when one wins a lottery, what's that??

Out of about 500,000 individual's that might apply for a lottery and a single individuals wins it, what's that

Ogbeni, there is something like being lucky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No Such Thing As 'luck' by izzou(m): 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
You don't believe in luck doesn't mean luck doesn't exist.

Number ten pieces of paper. Fold them, and work very hard to pick number 8.
Re: There Is No Such Thing As 'luck' by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
When opportunity meets preparation,i call perfection.
Re: There Is No Such Thing As 'luck' by Pureheart91(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
Op- you just failed to realize that their is sumtin called

Time and Chance which most times equals
Luck.

Dont get it rong, hardwork and deligence is good but its never ennuf to bring about good sucess in anny venture.

(1) (Reply)

Big Brothers Naija / Specifically For Ladies And Gentlemen / Happy Birthday To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.