Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust (27083 Views)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread / Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal / Bayelsa Rejects Police Recruitment List, Says It’s Fraudulent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by EazyMoh(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2017
The Commissioner of Police in Kwara, Olushola Amore, has ordered the dismantling of a camp of Peace Corps of Nigeria in Offa local
government area of the state, describing it as
illegal.
The Command’s Public Relation Officer, DSP
Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the development to
the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Friday in
Ilorin.
He said the Commissioner viewed the camp as
illegal, hence the reason he ordered that everyone at the camp should leave. Okasanmi explained that there was no information to the effect that a camp will open in Offa to train anyone.
“We were not officially informed about any camp in Offa and we don’t have any information about any organization organizing any camp there.
“There should be no training or camping of any
organization without the knowledge of the police.
“No organization has secure any clearance to
organize any camp in Offa.
“When we got information that there is a camp
going on somewhere in Offa and since no one
informed us about any, we had to close the camp.
“Doing this, we considered the security
situation of the country because we don’t know
the pedigree of the organization conducting the
camp.
“Our action was to just ensure there is no
breakdown of law and order.
“If we have a directive from Abuja that any
camping will hold, there is no problem because
we don’t have any issue with anyone”
Okasanmi said.
Reacting to the incident, the Kwara Adjutant of
the Peace Corps of Nigeria, Dr. Folorunsho
Peter, denied the police allegation that his
command did not inform it of its orientation
camp.
He explained that there were some applicants
who had not paid their dues to qualify to take
part in the orientation process who wanted to
forcefully partake in the camping.
“Some persons came and wanted to partake in
the training and they have not paid their dues
and met resistance from our officers on ground.
“The police came in and said the issue has not
been properly resolved and that we did not
obtain clearance to operate.
“We have properly informed them of our plans,
we served them our time table for the
orientation camp.
“We even invited the police commissioner to
come and deliver lecture, as well as DSS,
NDLEA and some other organizations.
“The camp Commandant came to Ilorin to see
the Commissioner of Police, though I was not
with them but was told they had a positive
discussion” Peter said.
Peter said theyhad allowed participants to go
off camp, so as not to have any confrontation
with the police.
He said applicants have been told to report to
the Command’s headquarter in Ilorin on
Monday, Feb. 20, and that camping will resume
again by Tuesday, Feb. 21.
NAN reports that no fewer than 5, 000
applicants from across the country are gathered
for the orientation in Offa. (NAN)
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/police-shut-down-peace-corps-orientation-camp-says-it-s-illegal/185684.html
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by ITbomb(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2017
Police are jealous already

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by EazyMoh(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2017
Actually people shall be careful spending their hard earned money on a scheme that has no foundation. Many have finished the training and we're told to go and wait for posting while the trainers continue recruiting others.
Anyway this development shall serve as an eye opener.
CC Mods 1forall Crazyman please let people know about this development.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by 377: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
This peace Corp thin is getting me tirer. They are busy collecting money from new people after keeping so manu people at home .

7 Likes

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by olaolulazio(m): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2017
Jealous police no need rival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by SuperSuave(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2017
shocked
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by ORACLE1975(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2017
My android phone don chop my money tire, na him I come vex yesterday sell am, come take some money buy Chinaphone! The phone get TV, Touch screen, Nail cutter, Fire lighter etc. I fit write Text message with toothpicks sef. But now am in bigger trouble!!!
1. E go full after 3 minutes of charging.
2. The spellings get mistakes e.g NokLa, blackderry, i-pon, samswag etc.
3. When aeroplane pass, e go record "One missed Call".
4. When a big car horn; e go show "Charger connected"
5. When Chinese man pass, e go show: "One Bluetooth device found"
6. When fine lady waka pass, e go show "WiFi On"
7. When ugly lady waka pass, e go show, "Virus detected"
Abeg ooo! I wan sell am! Who wan buy ooo? Even as I dey find buyer, e dey show me for screen say "No contacts found"
Pls don't laugh alone, send to those you wish to put a smile on their face.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by baski92(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2017
Peace corps don turn gifty #bbn lol everything Na fake

4 Likes

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by TPAND(f): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2017
I thought peace corps was an initiative of the FG. How did it automatically become illegal
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by jahsson(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2017
MMM....
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 20, 2017
cheesy
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by olaolulazio(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2017
ORACLE1975:
My android phone don chop my money tire, na him I come vex yesterday sell am, come take some money buy Chinaphone! The phone get TV, Touch screen, Nail cutter, Fire lighter etc. I fit write Text message with toothpicks sef. But now am in bigger trouble!!!
1. E go full after 3 minutes of charging.
2. The spellings get mistakes e.g NokLa, blackderry, i-pon, samswag etc.
3. When aeroplane pass, e go record "One missed Call".
4. When a big car horn; e go show "Charger connected"
5. When Chinese man pass, e go show: "One Bluetooth device found"
6. When fine lady waka pass, e go show "WiFi On"
7. When ugly lady waka pass, e go show, "Virus detected"
Abeg ooo! I wan sell am! Who wan buy ooo? Even as I dey find buyer, e dey show me for screen say "No contacts found"
Pls don't laugh alone, send to those you wish to put a smile on their face.
keep using the phone, it may take u to CBN Someday

6 Likes

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by kings09(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2017
Police, Civil Defence, Peace Corps - same same
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by ngwababe(f): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Haha

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by veekid(m): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
This country sef

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Mrdecent(m): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Haba
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by solpat(m): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Chai And dem don chop people money

4 Likes

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by seangy4konji: 7:34am On Feb 20, 2017
he don happen..
scamming is the order of the country
even from the authorities...

Nigeria deh nose dive no be small..

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by xreal: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2017
Commissioner of Police might be right.

In as much as they will be naturally jealous.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 20, 2017
police are feeling Threatened
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Nbote(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2017
It definitely is.. This is jus a case of putting d cart before the horse.. Imagine a body dats still not yet been giving a mandate yet or recognized by the Constitution going ahead to rip Nigerians off by collecting money for forms, training and den kits in d name of recruitment. Under what authority are they operating? What happens to all the millions dey have been "training" and recruiting afta d whole process? D govt shld do well to put dem in their place and clarify issues to curb dis new trend.

9 Likes

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2017
Don't see anything as a threat rather you be the threat
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by captainprogress(m): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2017
Too many agencies for a recessing country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 20, 2017
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Histrings08(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Npf is losing it... Well,maybe they're still within their jurisdiction
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by simplemach(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2017
May be police dey fear say peace corps go collaboration their job.

Plan to attend

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by sunnyp20(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2017
This peace corp stuff is another wahala o. i have a neighbour who has stayed at home for long after training but keeps telling me peace corp is more than police. Their eyes go soo clear.

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by JesusCrew: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2017
I dey watch o!

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Nbote(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2017
TPAND:
I thought peace corps was an initiative of the FG. How did it automatically become illegal

It's an initiative dats still in d pipelines or final stages of development. In truth it's jus anoda Avenue to waste scarce public funds even though it would provide opportunities for ppl. What exactly is the difference between Peace corps and Civil defence? Why not jus expand d scope of the civil defence and give dem more functions considering it's more or less redundant in d one it's being tasked to do

5 Likes

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by ItsawrapOutfit: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2017
I reserve my comments
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by jeeqaa7(m): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2017
ok
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by ORACLE1975(m): 7:48am On Feb 20, 2017
olaolulazio:
keep using the phone, it may take u to CBN Someday
like are you sure?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Things That Can Happen In A Job Interview (see Photos) / Access Bank Aptitude Test / Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.