Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... (652 Views)

Push Notifications Not Working,help !! / SOLVED:Feedjit Live Visitor Tracker Not Working In Blogger / How Do I Edit This In Wordpress Style Sheet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by phililp(m): 11:49am On Feb 18, 2017
Dear naira gurus.. am a newbie in web works..
am tryna build a site but am having a problem; ]
i've been using an iternal and inling styling but now i wanna use external it aint working .. here is the code

<html>
<head>
<title>first site.</title>
<link href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

</head>

both the html and css files are saved in one folder...
and named index.html and style.css

please what am i doing wrong cos its not working

thanks.

Re: Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by cyrielo(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
Move your index.html file to the code folder where you have the style.css file
OR
edit your index.html file change the href to point to code/style.css
Re: Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by phililp(m): 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
cyrielo:
Move your index.html file to the code folder where you have the style.css file
OR
edit your index.html file change the href to point to code/style.css

thanks for ur concern but i already did.. that both the html and css files are both in same folder

dont know whats wrong again
all this making me wana give up
Re: Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by emmyvet(m): 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
phililp:

thanks for ur concern but i already did.. that both the html and css files are both in same folder

Don't give up it wont solve the problem all you have to do is cool down and know what is wrong.

From the screen shot you posted the index.html is your desktop.

Style.css is in the folder code which is also in your desktop.

Now for you to point to the style.css you have to ref to /code/style.css

Hope this helps
Re: Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by cyrielo(m): 1:49am On Feb 19, 2017
phililp:

They are not in the same folder from your screenshot
If you have move the file send an updated screenshot
Re: Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by phililp(m): 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
thanks to u all....
wasnt saved in same folder; just being blind.

thanks again for helping me gain ma sense of sight lol
Re: Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by mcqwerty(m): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
You never start.
Re: Please Help! External Style Sheet Not Working... by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
Na this small thing wan make you give up? Bro u neva see anything.

(1) (Reply)

I'm In Need Of A Us Bank Account For Wire Transfer / I Need Litecoin Or Ethereum Coin / How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.