Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

The Likes Of Adama Barrow In A #plagued Continent - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Likes Of Adama Barrow In A #plagued Continent (339 Views)

Photo Of Adama Barrow And His Two Wives, The First Ladies / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of Adama Barrow As Gambian President / Son Of Adama Barrow Killed By Dog (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Likes Of Adama Barrow In A #plagued Continent by ScholarDee(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
THE LIKES OF ADAMA BARROW IN A #PLAGUED CONTINENT.

If Africa, had been the only Continent in the World ; long ago , i would have concluded that Mankind is a symbol of Poverty and retardation, premordially created to forever remain in a tearful cycle of horrendousity, where the light of prosperity is never meant to beam. The whirlwind continues to age for the birth of new one as PROSPERITY remains unborn .
AFTER READING THE SPEECH OF THE JUST SWORN-IN PRESIDENT OF GAMBIA, I couldnt help reverberating the line where he said, "Gambia, where what you know counts and not who you know".
As i read meaning to the the soothing statement, the joy of a starved heart longing for comfort beams out of my face . But, i couldn't hold the smile long for the people of Gambia due to the cases of insincerity of AFRICAN LEADERS, who sugar-coat their words to have their ways, who promised their people garments of cover against torrential rain but ended up adding salt to their ageing injuries . Long ago, the british left the shores of the africans and the asians to see what will become of them. The Asians returned to their roots, re defined authority as the trust of the masses and destroy all colonial legacies in their System . Today, they are the real pace setters. The europeans' lordship System caved in so much into the psyches of Africans which made us to forget our roots and de humanize the dignity of the masses. Nothing intoxicates faster than Power in the Continent. It transforms the Sheep of yesterday to a ferrocious cat who becomes dread for the sustenance of all and Sundry.
#NEPOTISM which could be said to be one of the subsets of Corruption is a bond, peculiar to the dynasty of Leadership in Africa. Glowing minds have been robbed of the chance to set up challenging templates for growth in Africa. ONLY the blue spoons' holders welcome the rising sun with beautiful smiles with no tools to tap the energy. The Structures are made of unmerited hands that rose to the positions of authority through Nepotism. Everyday of our existence has been limited to the Shallow reasoning pit of these unglorious hegemons. We continue to plough to sow discords ; we continue to plant to ruin. We continue to sail towards the odds of time , with an ever increasing distance to cover. The Likes Adama Barrow are not difficult to pin point in Africa , but are difficult to be seen in positions of authority. Words of mouth are not enough to adjudge a leader, untill those words materialize into comforts for the masses. THE WHOLE WORLD is watching as we challenge Barrow to re present Gambia to the world.

(1) (Reply)

Chemical Attack In Syria Draft Resolution Before The UN / South African Protests Against Zuma Led By Neo Nazi / Coalition Airstrike In Syria Mistakenly Kills 18 Us-backed Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.