Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash (1503 Views)

Brazil's President, Bolsonaro Threatens To Punch Reporter In The Mouth / CNN: Trump Is Losing Ground To Biden In Presidential Quest / Donald Trump Blasts CNN Reporter On Live TV: "You Work For A Fake News Agency" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28am On Feb 19, 2017
'You're JUST like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT at BBC reporter in fiery 'fake news' clash
DONALD TRUMP belted the BBC during an astonishing press conference as he compared the British broadcaster to CNN.
By DARREN HUNT
PUBLISHED: 00:25, Fri, Feb 17, 2017 | UPDATED: 17:55, Fri, Feb 17, 2017

The President, who has been heavily critical of CNN for alleged "fake news," laid into the BBC as he compared the two corporations.

Speaking at a press conference in Washington on Thursday, the President bashed the BBC.

During the hour-long press conference, President Trump criticised the media for their coverage over possible links between the billionaire's team and Russian officials.

The President then turned on BBC North America editor Jon Sopel after he attempted to quiz the 70-year-old over his travel ban.

In the footage, the reporter can be heard saying: "Can I ask you, thank you Mr President."

However Mr Trump quickly cut off the journalist, demanding he revealed what organisation he worked for.

After Sopel said he worked for the BBC, the President snapped back: "Here's another beauty."

Leaving many laughing in the background, the journalist tried biting back as he replied: "Impartial, free and fair."

However as the journalist then tried to then ask the President his question he was interrupted again in a ruthless manner.

Mr Trump fumed: "You're just like CNN."

The President continued to control the interaction before he answered the question, as the reporter described their squabble as "banter."

Mr Trump said: "Wait, wait, wait. I know who you are just wait."

As Mr Trump began to answer the journalist, the BBC reporter was forced to sit back down.

In reply to Sopel's question the President insisted that the controversial travel ban worked exactly as he had planned, before he targeted the US court's.

He said: "We had a very smooth roll out of the travel ban."

"But we had a bad decision, that is the only thing that was wrong with the travel ban. Very bad for the safety and the security of our country."

In his boisterous press conference the President clashed with media several times over fake news in which he blamed journalists for the criticism he has faced.

He said: "There is nobody I have more respect for, well maybe a little bit, than reporters, good reporters. It's very important to me, especially in this position, it's very important.

"I don't mind bad stories, I can handle a bad story better than anybody, as long as it's true."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/768392/Donald-Trump-clashes-skewers-BBC-reporter

1 Share

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by royallord1(m): 1:38am On Feb 19, 2017
nice

1 Like

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by jose556(m): 2:35am On Feb 19, 2017
The world has yet another wonder

1 Like

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by SmartMugu: 3:47am On Feb 19, 2017
This man is indeed a clown. He has failed to realize money, power and respect is all he needs. He has money, he has power, but doesn't know how to get the respect piece of the puzzle.

2 Likes

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by plainol(m): 4:53am On Feb 19, 2017
Is this the same America everyone aspire to be? I don't think so.

I want to see how Americans will handle this bad imaging, maybe they'll leave Trump to continue to do the damage.

1 Like

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by TPAND(f): 6:54am On Feb 19, 2017
Trump never ceases to amaze with this is CNN take down.

No one messes with Trump. You can do that to baby Obama not Trump

2 Likes

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by Appleyard(m): 8:09am On Feb 20, 2017
CNN is a God of good news when compares to BBSin-Satan news network that never sees anything positive in Africa.

1 Like

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23am On Feb 22, 2017
royallord1:

nice

That was a good one. wink
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24am On Feb 22, 2017
jose556:

The world has yet another wonder

You can say that again. cheesy
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25am On Feb 22, 2017
SmartMugu:

This man is indeed a clown. He has failed to realize money, power and respect is all he needs. He has money, he has power, but doesn't know how to get the respect piece of the puzzle.

Those who respected him voted him into power, and as far as I can recollect, they carry the majority of the votes. wink
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26am On Feb 22, 2017
plainol:

Is this the same America everyone aspire to be? I don't think so.

I want to see how Americans will handle this bad imaging, maybe they'll leave Trump to continue to do the damage.

That press conference was the best I've ever witnessed. cheesy
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27am On Feb 22, 2017
TPAND:

Trump never ceases to amaze with this is CNN take down.

No one messes with Trump. You can do that to baby Obama not Trump

You got it! cheesy
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29am On Feb 22, 2017
Appleyard:

CNN is a God of good news when compares to BBSin-Satan news network that never sees anything positive in Africa.

Donald Trump actually compared CNN to BBC when he said "another beauty" sarcastically. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by SmartMugu: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Those who respected him voted him into power, and as far as I can recollect, they carry the majority of the votes. wink
He lost popular votes. He was rigged in via electoral votes. There are evidence the electoral system was hacked.
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by Branzy(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
Appleyard:

I was shocked when their India British presenter I don't her name said some nation referring to south American and Africans accept corruption as if it was in our culture when they were discussing about corruption in sports .. corrupt and colonizers Brit's are the rest western gang stars
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
SmartMugu:

He lost popular votes. He was rigged in via electoral votes. There are evidence the electoral system was hacked.

I believe its the other way round. Hillary won the popular votes especially in California because of illegal votes. The electoral votes was not hacked don't believe the propaganda. cool
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by scully95: 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
Before nko, BBC is the father of propaganda. CNN is just son and you still have grandsons of propaganda like Aljezera, anything times (e.g times of India, NewYork Times, Moscow times) also anything Voice like voice of Africa, America, Russia and so on.. These are agents of propaganda (Super structure network of lies and misinformation)
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by scully95: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I believe its the other way round. Hillary won the popular votes especially in California because of illegal votes. The electoral votes was not hacked don't believe the propaganda. cool

Do you mean the Electoral vote was not rigged ? How about Sanders' ?
The Neocons Openly rigged the votes in favour of Killary Killton against Sanders. Why can't the same Neocons rig the majority vote against trump but the College vote was a miscalculation

Even trump said it, that they rigged the Electoral vote, i believe him after what they did to Sanders. (mere 3rd world crooks acting as village masters in the game)
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
scully95:

Before nko, BBC is the father of propaganda. CNN is just son and you still have grandsons of propaganda like Aljezera, anything times (e.g times of India, NewYork Times, Moscow times) also anything Voice like voice of Africa, America, Russia and so on.. These are agents of propaganda (Super structure network of lies and misinformation)

The good thing is that President Trump is exposing them for who they really are. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
scully95:

Do you mean the Electoral vote was not rigged ? How about Sanders' ?
The Neocons Openly rigged the votes in favour of Killary Killton against Sanders. Why can't the same Neocons rig the majority vote against trump but the College vote was a miscalculation

Even trump said it, that they rigged the Electoral vote, i believe him after what they did to Sanders. (mere 3rd world crooks acting as village masters in the game)

The DNC might have short changed Sanders in the Primaries but they all they could do was rig the popular vote which did not affect the electoral vote that got Trump into power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by Appleyard(m): 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
Branzy:

I was shocked when their India British presenter I don't her name said some nation referring to south American and Africans accept corruption as if it was in our culture when they were discussing about corruption in sports .. corrupt and colonizers Brit's are the rest western gang stars

Yeah. But she forgot to mention that London is the Centre of all Corruption in the whole world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by Appleyard(m): 1:04am On Feb 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Donald Trump actually compared CNN to BBC when he said "another beauty" sarcastically. cheesy

Sarcastically alright. But the last US election completely exposed what CNN and other MSM truly represent. It was a pathetic show of shame that won't go away for a very long time.
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31am On Feb 23, 2017
Appleyard:

Sarcastically alright. But the last US election completely exposed what CNN and other MSM truly represent. It was a pathetic show of shame that won't go away for a very long time.

They don't have any shame anymore, especially that Anderson Cooper of a guy. embarassed
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

They don't have any shame anymore, especially that Anderson Cooper of a guy. embarassed
Anderson Cooper? This is just hate undecided

But no need to blame them. They just read through what they are fed on - to feed us - on air.
If you had your own TV channel, you'd also hate on Obama and attempt to pass off Trump as a saviour lipsrsealed
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26am On Feb 23, 2017
Muafrika2:

Anderson Cooper? This is just hate undecided

How is this hate? What I expected from you is to ask for the reason why I came to that conclusion but I guess you've bitten into their propaganda. undecided

Muafrika2:

But no need to blame them. They just read through what they are fed on - to feed us - on air.
If you had your own TV channel, you'd also hate on Obama and attempt to pass off Trump as a saviour lipsrsealed

Only Jesus is the Saviour of mankind. You will also know a man by his fruits. What their policies are will tell you what they are on about.
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

How is this hate? What I expected from you is to ask for the reason why I came to that conclusion but I guess you've bitten into their propaganda. undecided
I haven't watched CNN for years undecided

So what's the reason for the hate
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01am On Feb 23, 2017
Muafrika2:

I haven't watched CNN for years undecided

So what's the reason for the hate

Go to this link and tell me what you think. http://shoebat.com/shoebat-foundation/cnn-smear-campaign/
Re: 'You're JUST Like CNN' Trump LASHES OUT At BBC Reporter In 'Fake News' Clash by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
scully95:

These fake media houses don't even pretend anymore, it is so blatant. lipsrsealed

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Re-election Campaign Vehicles For Ghana President, While Ghanaian Die Of Hunger. / How A Ukrainian Soldier Was Killed (photo) / South Koreans Become Younger Overnight After Country Scraps ‘Korean Age’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.