Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

God Has Substitutes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Has Substitutes (1305 Views)

Can You Curse What God Has Blessed? / God Has No Value For Human Lives / What God Has Determined Shall Be Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Has Substitutes by kpakpandoN(m): 6:26am On Feb 19, 2017
One truth that everyone born of God must have at the back of their minds is that God has substitutes. He can therefore never be held to ransom by anyone. Whenever God decides to use a person, if that fellow does not yield to God at the time of His requisition, God will move on to use another person to fulfill His purpose. More often than not, such substitutes are better than the original recipients of God's mandate. Such was the case with King Saul.
"And Samuel said unto him, The LORD hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou."
1 Samuel 15:28

When a man feels too big to obey God's instruction, he is not fit for God's use. In the family of the works of the flesh, pride, stubbornness and rebellion are kinsmen, with witchcraft as their first cousin (Galatians 5:19-21). The Lord through Samuel reminded King Saul that there was nothing special about him before He made him king over Israel. King Saul himself did not see himself as qualified, yet God's grace preferred him, despite the fact that he came from the least of the tribes of Israel (1 Samuel 9:21). This is the reason why whosoever God decides to use should not allow himself or herself get carried away by the glamour of the office he or she is occupying. The fellow should always keep in mind where he or she is coming from and what he or she used to be. God does not use the qualified; rather, He qualifies the fellow He wants to use.

When King Saul began to feel too big to obey the Lord's commandment, he was replaced with a ready-made substitute, whom the Lord declared to be better than King Saul. My prayer for you is that you will not be replaced in the scheme of things in God's kingdom in Jesus' Name. Beloved, we should know that God has substitutes that can readily replace us if we fail to yield to His instructions. Never see yourself as being indispensible before God. Take heed to what the Lord Jesus Christ said concerning this in Matthew 3:9:
"And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham."
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

2 Likes

Re: God Has Substitutes by lawrenzi(m): 6:52am On Feb 19, 2017
x
Re: God Has Substitutes by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 19, 2017
What happens in the reverse case....when a man longs so much for God's attention and God is extremely far?

1 Like

Re: God Has Substitutes by orunto27: 7:45am On Feb 19, 2017
Excellent.
May The Lord God lead Nigeria successfully out of The Current Recession.
May God drive Selfishness and Pomposity out of our Current Leadership.
May God be our Leaders' INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS, DISCERNMENT, WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING,
IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,
AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: God Has Substitutes by orunto27: 7:55am On Feb 19, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
What happens in the reverse case....when a man longs so much for God's attention and God is extremely far?

God takes His Time and Pleasure to do things. So we're to WAIT PATIENTLY WORKING AND PRAYING FERVENTLY FOR HIS ATTENTION.
Re: God Has Substitutes by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:

God takes His Time and Pleasure to do things. So we're to WAIT PATIENTLY WORKING AND PRAYING FERVENTLY FOR HIS ATTENTION.
Easier said than done
Re: God Has Substitutes by orunto27: 8:13am On Feb 19, 2017
lawrenzi:
x

David was a Prophet in Government, always after The Heart of God.
And God knew this and blessed him with Hope, Power and Might and a Poet-son Substitute to extend his Dynasty.

1 Like

Re: God Has Substitutes by orunto27: 8:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Every Priest in Government should always Work and Pray like King David.

1 Like

Re: God Has Substitutes by orunto27: 9:02am On Feb 19, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

Easier said than done

King David did and succeeded.

1 Like

Re: God Has Substitutes by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:

King David did and succeeded.
So are you king David? David sins made him suffer. I'm talking of d likes of job and abraham
Re: God Has Substitutes by orunto27: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

So are you king David? David sins made him suffer. I'm talking of d likes of job and abraham

Neither Job nor Abraham was a King like Soul and David.
Abraham and Job were not Politicians like our present day ones.
Re: God Has Substitutes by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:

Neither Job nor Abraham was a King like Soul and David.
Abraham and Job were not Politicians like our present day ones.
My dear I'm not arguing with you o because I see you're coming up with political views and grammar which is the usual way of nairaland. Maybe you should get a real life experience first, mayb when you and ur wife are looking for a child for 15yrs to start with then I can believe you in a more real way. For now your points are too shallow
Re: God Has Substitutes by orunto27: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

My dear I'm not arguing with you o because I see you're coming up with political views and grammar which is the usual way of nairaland. Maybe you should get a real life experience first, mayb when you and ur wife are looking for a child for 15yrs to start with then I can believe you in a more real way. For now your points are too shallow

U r drunk & talking nonsense.
Re: God Has Substitutes by sonofthunder: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
then there's the possibility of a blockade which must be removed
Re: God Has Substitutes by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:

U r drunk & talking nonsense.
Abusive on a christian forum. You're just too little to comprehend some things

(1) (Reply)

Federal Sars Arrests Journalist, Lawyer For Planning To Blackmail Odm Bishop / OPM Church uses tithe and offering to build free houses for Homeless Nigerians / Pastor Jones Jailed For Telling Members To Tithe 10% Of Their Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.